Epiphany (finally!)

hannahkaye

This is it!
I've been on this diet, doing SS+, for 16 weeks and have lost 3st 13lbs so far, which is amazing. People are falling over themselves to compliment me and tell me how great I look. I've dropped 4 dress sizes, I actually buy clothes that are figure hugging as opposed to tents.

Having said all this, for the last month, I have been sabotaging myself, eating terrible things, sneaking food, not quite full out binges but I haven't been in control at all. Things at work are a nightmare at the moment and with not eating food at the moment, all my coping stategies have gone. So I've been eating, crisps, chocolate bars, basically anything with sugar or salt in.

Luckily every week I have still been losing weight, although how I have no idea. I just couldn't get it under control and had decided last night that I was going to move up the steps. If I couldn't continue to lose weight, I could at least maintain my current loss.

Then I watched "My Big Fat Fetish" last night on Channel 4. I felt sick, watching these women eat, not being able to move around, one woman spent 6 weeks in bed because she was so depressed, but then she was 44 stone and continuing to gain weight.

I suddenly realised that this was my choice, I could continue with the diet and keep focused or I could become like them, with my body being even more damaged than it already was and being a recluse. I've never been heavier than 22 stone, but it's a slippery slope and I can't say that if I'd continued the way I was, I wouldn't have ever been like them.

But I want more than that. Even though I might have hard days, fat days, I don't want to be locked in a prison of my own body. I now stand at 17st, but I still have around 6st left to lose. I have to do this because there is no other way forward.

This morning the cravings for food have all gone, because I just remember how sad that woman was, lying in her bed, unable to get up. I can't bear the thought that will happen to me, so I'll keep going until I get to where I want to be.

I can't let my emotions control my life anymore, and venting like this helps sometimes, just to get it out there in to the world and it doesn't sit with me anymore. I need to live in the moment, because right now the moment feels really good.

Hannah
:bighug:

Oh Hannah!
I'm so happy for you. Obviously something has clicked and now you know what you've got to do.

I agree with you completely - i've been slave to food/diets for most of my adult life - and it's tedious, and boring, and i really don't want to live my life like that anymore. What a waste of a perfectly good life - completely ruined because of food. I didn't see the programme last night, but i did see a preview. And it's always watch these programmes with a morbid curiosity - because, as you say, that could be me...

I wish you all the best, you know where you are heading, and keep hold of that feeling. You've done really well, so keep going!

If this moment feels good - embrace it - and go for it!!

Oh, i want to give you a great big hug too!! There you go....

Lx:bighug:

That's was so good to read :) 4 dress sizes that's amazing!! I think your wonderful for what you have done so far and you have a good head on your shoulders! Well done to you!!! :D

Xx

This has inspired me, I also watched the programme last night and was shocked at the comments. Good luck to you x

fantastic well done! i watched it too and it made me quite sad, and those bloody feeders made me angry thats a form of control/abuse in my eyes!

anyway off my perch so happy its clicked for you - good luck you have the determination to do fantastically xx

I'm just watching it now and I can't stop cos it's so interesting I don't understand how they can be happy being that big that goddess one is awful I feel sorry for her son who has to look after her your kids shouldn't be doing that when u choose to eat. I actually wanna do this cos I don't want to be an embarrassment to my kids like I feel I have been so far.
I'm like. I weighed 19.5 when I started 6 weeks ago I don't think I have dropped a dress size but then I think I must have been squeezing into them as they do feel lose now and people at work have commented I still have about 7.5 stone to lose but I know I can do it and this is just a big wake up call

I found it shocking for the poor son, he should not have to be doing that for his mum, I could never ask that of my children x

hannahkaye said:
I've been on this diet, doing SS+, for 16 weeks and have lost 3st 13lbs so far, which is amazing. People are falling over themselves to compliment me and tell me how great I look. I've dropped 4 dress sizes, I actually buy clothes that are figure hugging as opposed to tents.

Having said all this, for the last month, I have been sabotaging myself, eating terrible things, sneaking food, not quite full out binges but I haven't been in control at all. Things at work are a nightmare at the moment and with not eating food at the moment, all my coping stategies have gone. So I've been eating, crisps, chocolate bars, basically anything with sugar or salt in.

Luckily every week I have still been losing weight, although how I have no idea. I just couldn't get it under control and had decided last night that I was going to move up the steps. If I couldn't continue to lose weight, I could at least maintain my current loss.

Then I watched "My Big Fat Fetish" last night on Channel 4. I felt sick, watching these women eat, not being able to move around, one woman spent 6 weeks in bed because she was so depressed, but then she was 44 stone and continuing to gain weight.

I suddenly realised that this was my choice, I could continue with the diet and keep focused or I could become like them, with my body being even more damaged than it already was and being a recluse. I've never been heavier than 22 stone, but it's a slippery slope and I can't say that if I'd continued the way I was, I wouldn't have ever been like them.

But I want more than that. Even though I might have hard days, fat days, I don't want to be locked in a prison of my own body. I now stand at 17st, but I still have around 6st left to lose. I have to do this because there is no other way forward.

This morning the cravings for food have all gone, because I just remember how sad that woman was, lying in her bed, unable to get up. I can't bear the thought that will happen to me, so I'll keep going until I get to where I want to be.

I can't let my emotions control my life anymore, and venting like this helps sometimes, just to get it out there in to the world and it doesn't sit with me anymore. I need to live in the moment, because right now the moment feels really good.

Hannah
:bighug:

Thats without a doubt the most profound thing i have read on this forum. Congrats for ur losses so far and i am full of admiration for ur attitude and 'taking the bull by the horns' approach. Someone else on here has 'noone said it would be easy, but they did say it would be worth it' as their signature and its totally true. Ive only been kn the cd wagon for just over 2 wks now and i e already had days where i have ended up in tears and on only my 3rd day i caved in but got back on the wagon next day as i knew if i didnt i would stay like this forever. I wish u all the best for ur journey and know with an attitude like that ul succeed. I lk forward to ur updates, C xxx

Back