Equator - Syn free beer substitute

MisterQ

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone else had tried this and what they thought of it?

For a syn free, sugar free, zero calorie drink, it isn't a bad option when served really cold. Not like the real thing, but did a job for me when doing a BBQ a few weeks back!

Have only found it in large Tesco stores, so far.

Congratulations! Good luck with it :)

How many syns does Becks Blue come in at? Used to drink that, and the Bavaria 0% too, but have avoided since I started SW...

Becks Blue is around 3 syns.

The Equator is OK with a curry or similar but it's not great. However as it's free I am quite enjoying the odd one.

I got the SOW basket the other week and there's was one in there's. It's still in the fridge, planning to wait for a warm day to try it! Hope I don't like it too much as there's no tescos that near us!

Agree that Beck's Blue is much nicer....Not bad for 3 syns either! Equator isn't bad though when the syns are getting used up elsewhere :)

Thanks for this, guys! Been wondering whether or not to give it a go - probably will now, although will take on board taste issues :)

So I tried this last night - doesn't taste a thing like real beer! But then that's not suprising. Wasn't too bad though - after the first few sips, it's easy to get used to, and has a pleasant afternoon in the sun feel to it... will definately be having it again - especially as it's completely free!

Spot on, Zann. Will never replace the real thing, but not bad on a sunny afternoon (especially if it is chilled really well)!

Stocked up on Equators for tonight's game...now to cook a syn free Mororccan Chicken and Cous Cous to go with it....

Sorry to resurrect long dead posts but is this "beer" still for sale as I can't seem to find it on the various supermarket websites.. ?

Back