ermmm sorry to ask this but....

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Kellie=], 7 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    has anyone ever had a colonic irrigation?
    if so honestly whats it like?
    are they expensive?
    I really want to get one but am scared! hehe
    xxxx:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hey my husband wants one too so i will be interested in the answers here.

4. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Am getting one next week :):):):):):):) I posted a thread on it b4 xmas... search for colonic and it might come up!! well it shud do!!

5. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Girl at work had it done-and ore then once. £35 a go- she said she felt energised and cleansed etc.
    Don't fancy it myself!

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i had one a few years ago in Brighton. There is a council they can belong to and I made sure the person I went to belonged to it (sorry, can't remember what it was called). It was absolutely fine, once I got over the initial embarassment of someone putting something up my bum and looking at my poo. But, hey, she chose that for a living.

Can't remember the cost either but it was on a par with all the other treatments (massage, etc) out there.

It was like having a very long poo and the best advice I can give if you go and have one, is relax while you are going through it - it makes for a more effective evacuation. I had quite alot to shift (and most of it was gassy or coming through in little bits - - - sign of a poor diet!! ... no surprise there) so I ran over my time as she was the type to do what needed to be done rather than say, oops, times up! ha ha. In fact that would be another question to ask. Mine told me she used to work in a treatment clinic and she didn't like that she had to finish by the clock - because then the job may only be half done ...so she went in to practice on her own.

7. lighterlifeclaire

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Mine's £60, (its usually £70)

at addington palace in croydon

8. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Could you just use a big enema yourself?

9. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Interesting!
    Thanks!
    Claire are you not scared?
    hehe x

10. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

Hope everything comes out alright!! :rotflmao:

Sorry - couldn;t resist!!! :D

11. lighterlifeclaire

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I was!! But im psyched up now!!! kinda excited in a weird way! :confused:

It'll be my last week of foundation so is guna be my "treat" before hitting developers..!! :eek:

12. lighterlifeclaire

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:

Oh Blonde :p

13. kelly1977

kelly1977 Back On CD.......

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've Had A Colonic Done!!

Hi All, :D

I had one done well over a year ago, I have always wanted one doing, I was quite nervous but excited, so I will make it as brief as I possibly can, It was around £60 I went to a place in Newcastle.

My hydrotherapist was fab & totally put me at ease.

Firstly you have a consultation bout what your diet is like, what your poo looks like, How often you go for a poo, etc etc..

Then you take off your skirt/trousers & knickers & lay sidewards on the bed, she then puts lube on her finger & inserts her finger up your bum to see whats going on up there, she then put the pipe up, which hurt a little when she inserted it, she told me I had a tight sphincter, which is good to know. lol..

Then she explains all the time what she is doing.

She fills your colon with warm water, keeps it pumping through for approx 30 sec, (sometimes feels like minutes) then releases the water, thats when all your poo gets released, I found it quite uncomfortable at times, especially when you are filled with water, all I can describe it as is a really painful period pain in your tummy, but as soon as the water is released its such a relief, it's bliss..

I was having trouble releasing alot of my poo & she said I was bunged up, so she laid me on my back & massaged my belly a little, my god, I kept farting, lol. You can see the bubbles of fart going thru the tank, its fab. There was alot of little like rabbit dropping type poo coming from me & she said they could of been there for weeks, months or even yrs in some cases as the poo gets stuck in your colon walls, I think it lasted nearly an hour, but was only supposed to be about 45mins, she said she wanted to treat me all day as I was so 'blocked up'. Awww.. :eek:

I did release quite a bit though, anyway after the treatment she took out the pipe, my god I couldnt get to the toilet quick enough, It was like an explosion in the loo, I felt as if I didnt dare come off it, good job she said 'take your time', lol. I came off it then felt a gurgle in my belly and had to jump back on it, lol..

Anyway I didnt lose no weight as some people can lose loads from having one done, But I did feel better for it, & I would defo have another one done in the future as I build up quite a nice friendship with her..

My OH said " You should of give me £60 & I'll shot a pipe up ya arse", typical bloke, lol.. :rolleyes:

Anyway Hope this helps Girlies..

xx

14. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hiya, when I finished SSing I was completely blocked up and went for 4 sessions which cost £200. I think it helped de-bung me and my tummy was deffo flatter. However, I didn't like the process at all and like Kel found it like having really bad period cramps. I think it helped a bit but I wouldn't want to do it again.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.