Erm's Photo Diary

ermintrude

Gold Member
Just realised I put this in the wring thread so Im moving it:

OK I'm a bit new around here but thought I'd keep a food diary in photo form. I already do this on flickr but thought I'd put it here so we can share ideas on what was yum and what was absolutely revolting and also so people can kick me out of the habit of having the same meal eight times a week :/ Which by the way is stuffed wrap for lunch and stuffed chicken for tea.

So to start here is today's lunch: Unsurprisingly, said stuffed wrap (filled with lettuce, grated carrot, Marmite cheese and jalapenos, also with a butter bud), with veggie nibbles. I eat this about 3-4 times a week :sigh:

5771557305_bc451e5913_o.jpg

Also had half a pot of mango & apple fat free yoghurt and a coffee.

OK, here's last night's buffet tea, my Divine Lentil Salad with homemade spicy jalapeno hummus, Cajun Quorn sausages and salad:

5775616536_7cb2326689_o.jpg

5775075503_8897fbf70a_o.jpg

Total: 3 syns (for the extra virgin olive oil in the lentil salad)

Wow your food looks amazing! Would love the recipe for the jalapeño hummus if possible? Well done on your loss so far :)

Hummus recipe: (FREE on green/EE)

1 tin chickpeas, drained (keep the juice)
1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice (about half a lemon)
1 tsp ground cumin
about 10 medium jalapeno slices (I like mine quite hot, you might want less than this)
Plenty of salt & freshly ground pepper

Stick the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and jalapenos in a food processor. Add 1 tbsp of the juice from the jalapeno jar and about 4tbsp of the juice from the chickpeas and whizz to desired consistency.

You will need to adjust the amount of chickpea juice to suit how thick/runny you like your hummus.

I like Discovery jalapenos better than Old El Paso - they're smaller but tastier. Also their red jalapenos are lovely and make it really colourful.

I also sprinkled a touch of chilli powder on the hummus in that picture. Sometimes I stick coriander or chillies or basil or whatever in instead of/as well as the jalapenos. I find plain hummus needs tahini paste to taste nice enough so costs syns/HEX's, but spicy hummus doesn't need it so is FREEEEEE!!! :D

OK here's today's diary:

Lunch: Leftovers from last night. 2 syns for 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil in the lentils:

5775792405_e9b22f75ac_o.jpg

Tea: BritMum's yummy bulghar wheat, onion, sage and sausagemeat stuffed chicken with veggies. 1 HEXB + 3 syns (for the chicken and cooked apple):

5777251939_1cececee2a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the hummus recipe will try it today :)

Also grea tip about the spicy hummus not needing tahini paste, I sometimes use my HEB on tahini but if it's free even better!

OK here's yesterday's photo diary:

Lunch - four grilled mushrooms in mustard and Worcestershire sauce, Quorn sausages and beans, with side of mixed veg snacks to fill me up :) Also had an apple and a big slice of watermelon during the morning.

5780798947_fbe981315a_o.jpg

Tea - buffet salad again - this time a freelance bulghar wheat salad I invented (with leftovers from the Measuring Disaster) with boiled egg, Cajun Quorn sausage, homemade jalapeno hummus and beetroot green salad: (I posted the recipe here: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/214967-kisir-turkish-bulgur-salad.html#post3678957 if anyone wants it) :

5786745414_2a9bc475d9_o.jpg

Yesterday's diary:

Lunch - leftovers (bulghar wheat salad, boiled egg, jalapeno hummus, Cajun Quorn sausage and a side of snack veggies to fill me up). Also had a big wedge of watermelon.

5786745550_bd17a79b95_o.jpg

Tea: Hardly anything in as we're going away Saturday, so bunged together my standard curry, achari murgh, (with rice):

5789927108_8d56bd4a77_o.jpg

Had a Shape zero yogurt for dessert.

Oooh whats in your curry please? x

Beware: I like it hot and am a cooking freak so have an infinite variety of spices to hand :) This recipe is an adaptation of one of Mamta Gupta's : Mamta's Kitchen

Serves 2 generously:

2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil - 4 SYNS or use as part of your HEX (you can try to do this in Fry Light but I find the syns worth it to cook the spices properly without burning)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp nigella seeds
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida powder (hing)
4 dried red chillies, broken in half
5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 inch root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
2 medium onions, peeled
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp crushed chillies (adjust quantity to taste or replace with chilli powder if you like)
3 tsp coriander powder
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree - 1 SYN
1 stock cube (I use Kallo Just Bouillon chicken stock cubes)
3 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves (methi leaves)
1 tbsp Patak's mixed pickle - 2 SYNS (or to taste of your own favourite) (you can substitute the juice of half a lemon if you don't want it too spicy and want to save syns)
1 1/2 tsp rock salt (less if you use regular cooking salt)
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped

Total = 7 syns or 3.5 syns per serving - and that's only because of the olive oil and pickle, which you can omit / substitute if you want, leaving just the tomato puree to syn.

- Put onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor and whizz to a paste (You can skip this and finely chop/crush everything if you like)
- Heat the oil and add cumin, fennel, nigella, mustard, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida powder
- As soon as the seeds crackle, add the dried chillies
- Stir for 10 seconds and add onion, ginger and garlic mix. Cook, stirring, for about 5-7 min
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and coriander powder, stir fry for 10 seconds, then add tomatoes, tomato puree, stock cube and fenugreek leaves
- Stir to mix, add chicken and cook on high heat, stirring all the time, until meat is no longer pink
- Cover and cook on low heat until done (20-30 min - longer if you sustitute chicken with lamb or beef)
- When cooked add garam masala, salt, chopped coriander and stir
- Serve with basmati rice or whatever your preference

OK no food diary as I've been on holiday, but but BUT!!! Came back to find I'd LOST a pound!! :) Ta da!!! :D

Basically I wrote a yummy menu in advance (it was a self-catering holiday in a field) that didn't go over my syns then had as much vino as I liked at night (between 35-70 syns! :p ) and it's worked! Even had some birthday cake! And mojitos! :D Mostly had superfree stuff for lunch, snacked on berries, yoghurt, fruit in the day and included loads of free stuff in my tea. Went a bit mad on the BBQ's actually :D Here's some pix:

5828551240_daa9ff2216_o.jpg

Bacon double cheeseburger with spicy sweet wedges and salad

5828006075_337f7b3b36_o.jpg

5828551332_6ed333ffe8_o.jpg

Tandoori chicken kebab and spicy lamb brochettes with a trio of salads (I think this one one of the best meals I've had!)

5828005199_08231fdb54_o.jpg

Warm lentil and red onion salad in garlic and cumin dressing

5828004869_a65f1057b7_o.jpg

Cake!!!:D

5828552316_2a200584ab_o.jpg

Morroccan kebab with the same salads

5828552648_023c005c0b_o.jpg

Feta, basil and garlic stuffed chicken in Parma ham with veggies.

5828552140_00dfbd56f9_o.jpg

SW Mojitos!

5828005293_a9dfd485d2_o.jpg

Bulgur wheat salad with tomato and basil, in garlic and mustard dressing

5828006467_af99a1426d_o.jpg

This was the last day when we were just using up leftovers, so no plan. Wrapped the sausages in the Parma ham and served with the rest of the bacon, spicy sweet potatoes, salad and leftover tandoori mint sauce.

Yay thanks :) I can hardly believe it either, I did something similar before and lost a bit but thought it must just be a random week or the time of the month or summat, so I just hoped I wouldn't put on more than 2-3lb, but it's worked again! Yayness! :D

Why is this going so well? It hasn't before :confused: But Im not complaining! :)

PS ignore the slightly deranged layout of some of the food, I was mildly squiffy on more than one occasion :D This one's perhaps the best, just appear to have chucked bucketloads of everything on the plate:

5828006201_0e13a3a60d_o.jpg

COuldn't even finish it, which must be a first :eek:

5828006289_584f41f344_o.jpg

The vino disappeared sharpish tho ;)

omg i want to live with you and you can cook me all this yummy food. Room for a lodger? xxx Wow - all i can say is wow!! xxx

Roziee said:
Subscribing

Me too!! As well as slobbering all over y screen! Delicious looking food Ermintrude!

Heh heh :D

Well I only did this for a week or so on here cos it was a faff and I doubted anyone would be interested but me :eek: but a few people have asked so I'm gonna update it for the last week or so.

Starting with Wed 6th which was the potato cake day :D

Wednesday:
Breakfast: coffee & toast (1 HEXA & 1 HEXB, 2 syns)
Lunch: Salad, cheese & jalapeno wrap with mixed veggies (5 syns for wrap, HEXA for cheese)
Tea: Potato cakes with poached egg and broad bean salad in mint butter (1 HEXB & 7.5 syns)
Snacks: leftover lentil salad & spicy Quorn sausages (4.5 syns)

5915228205_dcca9eab0c_o.jpg

5915228117_b59913862c_o.jpg

Lots of syns today but only had 3.5 the day before.

Back