Erm's Photo Diary

Your quiet Erm.....
anyone would think you have a life outside minimins ;)
hahaha!!!
is all that cooking keeping you busy ? or are you trying to think
of a 101 uses of a rather large Mooli

the piri piri you put on your celeriac chips and others..is it a brand mix or one you make yourself Erm? Just looks delicious and never seem to get it to look like yours :( x

It's the Schwartz piri piri mix :

schwartz-piri-piri-chicken.jpg

I tried a few different ones, I like this one best I think. The Cajun one was quite nice, the fajita one was a bit rubbish. I really ought to get round to making my own and save a fortune, Im sure there's a gazillion spice mix recipes out there :rolleyes:

Wednesday 19th - Green

No piccies as college all day today.

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Lunch: Jalapeno hummus with carrots & mixed veg
Tea: Leftover roast veg & green lentil stew
Snacks: Box of blackberries in coconut Muller - and 2 pints (21 syns)

I have 3 nights out this week! Agghh I am dreading WI next week! :eek: We may have to postpone the old 6-stone thang :( Last night was college and I bumped into an old friend I havent seen in a year who finally got his Visa and managed to come back to the UK, so was fab to see him at last and had to go for a beer to celebrate! And tomorrow is the leaving do of an old comrade from my last college who I have a lot of time for. And then it's Saturday, agghhh! :eek: We may have to cancel Saturday this week... :rolleyes:

Your quiet Erm.....
anyone would think you have a life outside minimins ;)
hahaha!!!
is all that cooking keeping you busy ? or are you trying to think
of a 101 uses of a rather large Mooli

Um nooo it was lots of studying interspersed with, uh, beer-breaks :rolleyes: :whistle:

Thursday 20th - Green

Lunch: Spicy hummus with carrot sticks & mixed crudites; big bowl of salad 2 syns for dressing
Tea: Butternut squash and spinach soup with chilli and coriander, 1.5 syns for sherry
Snacks: Nectarines, Apples, box of new-rubbish-Quorn-slices :jelous: Oh and about ten coffees so another HEXA zipzipzipzzzzzipppp!!!!

6264624520_e4bfc7acf3_o.jpg

Soup was a bit rubbish straight outta the pan, edible but nothing special. I ended up sticking extra garlic, half a lemon, tbsp vinegar, a myriad of spices and a smidge of chipotle. By which time it was an entirely different soup :rolleyes: Also I dont usually whizz my soups as I prefer 'em chunky, it fills me up better (otherwise they just seem to bypass my tum entirely :confused: ). But as it looked so yum in the piccie and sounded interesting I thought Id follow da Roolz. Wish I hadnt bothered now :sigh:

Erm! Get yourself to Waitrose stat! Squashes abound!!! :D

Erm you have done so well :D :D: :D I love your food piccies.

There are so many things on here I want to try especially the harissa paste but so far I cannot find it here :eek: :(

Well done Erms. Fab loss. I still can't find celeriac or those darn squashes. Really want the celeriac to make chips so I can do more red days. Xx

Celeriac I can find in most the supermarkets they only ever have two or three but I usually find them and buy them all :) squashes are much harder here as they only ever seem to do butternut squash and thats it :(

Halp!!! I've gone into Squash Overdrive!!!!

Halp!!! I've gone into Squash Overdrive!!!! :eek:

Headed on down to St Johns Wood Farmers Market yesterday. Picked up a squash or two :eek:

6271724253_baa567e51a_o.jpg

Also a few other things:

6271724403_aa59fc2b2a_o.jpg

6271724799_a0667d3de4_o.jpg

I got four varieties of potato! I dont even eat potato! :eek: They had a variety named after me so I *had* to try it! And two varieties that are purple and stripy inside!

Had to get the b/f to carry the sprouties home...

6272250184_9f4743c2d7_o.jpg

There were a couple of cheese stalls there too. I had, er, a HEXA, or several :whistle: Purely in the name of culinary sampling! :rolleyes: Only fetched the one home though! :cool:

Look! White asparagus! And tomberries - the smallest tomatoes in the world, with a giant tomato!

6272250644_2ff4f0bf01_o.jpg

"Pineberries" - strawberries that taste of pineapple!

6271724491_15272489a9_o.jpg

Mangosteen! These cost a bladdy fortune! I am such a bladdy tourist! :eek: :sigh:

6272251296_5af8554836_o.jpg

These also cost a bladdy fortune but I was amazed at the comparison between giant garlic and mini banana!!

6272250758_4b4f72a244_o.jpg

Gonna roast the garlic and have it spread on some crispbread with some of the cumin cheese I think :drool: The mini bananas taste ace! Im not mad on bananas but these are really sweet and creamy!

6271764919_68084f5750_o.jpg

Halp!! My house is overrun by vegetables! :hide:

Right, let's get up to date:

Friday 21st - Green

Lunch 1: Leftover BNS soup 0.5 syns for sherry
Lunch 2: Spicy cheese stuffed wrap 5 syns for wrap 1 HEXA & 1/2 HEXB for cheese
Tea: Er... does beer count? :rolleyes:
Snacks: Big bowl of mango with coconut Muller, snap peas, baby corn, pear. Double shot of vodka. And about four beers. 50-60 syns?

Saturday 22nd - Green

Lunch: Salad made out of my red carrots and tomberries, YUMNACIOUS! 4 syns for dressing.
Tea: Very poshe vegetable tagine with chickpeas and cous cous 1 HEXB for prunes & almonds
Snacks: Ummmmm cheeeeeeeeese at the market, ahhh the odd HEXABCD :whistle: Also pineberries, baby nanas, aaaaaand some vino, ooooh 40-50 syns :rolleyes:

*Cough* One has been slightly Off Plan the last day or three... :whistle:

Grated red carrot:

6272250964_821bcc0b5a_o.jpg

Goes ace in salad with tomberries and salad cream:

6271725031_8f82a6ae33_o.jpg

Om nom nom :drool:

6271725149_055cd1d336_o.jpg

Aaaand the tagine. This was complicated. I thought the chermoula looked a bit rubbish then realised I had forgotten to put most of the ingredients in it ie the garlic, chilli, paprika, coriander, parsley, mint or lemon. In fact the only things that WERE in it were the pepper in cloves & coriander/cumin seeds. So I got that done, took it off the heat, chucked them in and started again. Then I realised I forgot to put the shallots in. I do this ALL the bladdy time, as I hate hate hate peeling onions cos of the hands/eyes/nose thing, so I always leave it til last by which time the bladdy thing is half cooked. Sooooo, I did the shallots, took it off the heat, bunged em in, started again, yadda yadda. Aaaanyway it was OK but nothing rad.

6271725469_bcf7524cc7_o.jpg

I was surprised how OK it was actually, given I detest aubergines, courgettes and couscous :rolleyes: And had never tried fennel but was expecting it not to be my thang

6272251650_2e775a6687_o.jpg

The courgettes and aubergine basically just dissolved so I didn't have to encounter them. :cool: The fennel I didnt really like, but more cos it was stringy and chewy than the taste. The cous cous was, as ever, "sandy" so I chucked a load more water in which improved it no end. And once it was mixed in with the tagine it sort of disappeared.

So in all it was not bad. But NOT worth 3.5hours cooking time and backache!

Here's the mangosteen:

6272251296_5af8554836_o.jpg

I cut them up like in this video.

6272251418_c135fdc11e_o.jpg

They do look fab but I dont really see why they're such a delicacy tbh, but then Im an uncultured ignoramous, so... :rolleyes:

Sooooo that's the off-plan-triathlon. Back On Plan til Weds now! :D

Love love love your shopping trip
I so wanna visit the farmers market
I have never before seen a pineberry in my life hahaha

I've tried mangosteen as well and have to say i'm with you
there nothing special I've had better lol

I'm a sado lol I can't stop gawping at your veggie overload
I have a serious case of Veg Envy hahaha

OMG Ermintrude! I sheepishly withdraw my request that you go to Waitrose, the St John's Woods market is obviously the place to be! I used to live near there in Golders Green actually... Makes me wish I was there now lol!! AHHHHMMMMAAAYYYYYZZZIIIINNNGGG Squashes!!!!!!!!! I could just about hug my computer screen! How often is the market on? Is it everyday? Just out of interest of course :whistle:

DH and I went to Brixton market yesterday and there were a lot of those knobbly squashes around but I didn't want to buy any because I hadn't researched on them lol, I wish I bought them now. I'll be keeping a keen eye on what you do with them. Exciting!!

Oh how I love your diary! :bighug:

OMG Ermintrude! I sheepishly withdraw my request that you go to Waitrose, the St John's Woods market is obviously the place to be! I used to live near there in Golders Green actually... Makes me wish I was there now lol!! AHHHHMMMMAAAYYYYYZZZIIIINNNGGG Squashes!!!!!!!!! I could just about hug my computer screen! How often is the market on? Is it everyday? Just out of interest of course :whistle:

DH and I went to Brixton market yesterday and there were a lot of those knobbly squashes around but I didn't want to buy any because I hadn't researched on them lol, I wish I bought them now. I'll be keeping a keen eye on what you do with them. Exciting!!

Oh how I love your diary! :bighug:

Ah! I *DO* live in Golders Green! :eek: I swear you are me in another life! :eek: :D

They're not all from the market, one market guy had a big box of small assorted squash £2 a kilo and the bigger ones I got from another stall there but I also got a few from this really expensive deli in St Johns Wood, like the 2 munchkins and the weird shaped ones. Also the asparagus, berries, garlic, bananas and tomatoes were from the deli. I spent a fortune there! Its *way* overpriced but it was a one-off and hard to resist! :eek:

The market didn't have a huge amount of stuff tbh, there were only about 6 or 8 stalls and there was not much left when I got there, about 12:30. It's every week Saturday 10-2pm but 2 stallholders I spoke to said they were back in 2 weeks so I guess the stalls must alternate or something. Next time Id deffo get there earlier! The meat stall had a sign saying "sorry no meat this week" and the fish stall said "sorry no fish this week", dunno what all that was about :confused: There were 2 or 3 veg stalls, a fruit juice stall, a potato stall, 2 cheese stalls... mmm cant remember what else.

Theres another one in Finchley Rd on Wed, so I might pop in there this week as Im not at college this week. Strictly No Squash tho... :rolleyes:

Back