Erm's Photo Diary

I want to try some sheep cheese, I may just take a trip to the marke next week & take a look for some:D

Corblimey said:
Your Broad bean orrecchiette look amazing :drool:

Ohhhh totally agree broad beans are my edamame substitute at the mo until I can get hold of them *sigh*

I lurrrrrrvebroad beans! :drool: Especially the skin! Why do recipes tell you to pop them out of their skins?! The skin's the best bit!

Erm you can sprinkle your broad beans with salt & ground parsnip seeds. They are delicious. You can get Parsnip seeds called "Golpar" from Iranian shops.

Rosielea said:
Erm you can sprinkle your broad beans with salt & ground parsnip seeds. They are delicious. You can get Parsnip seeds called "Golpar" from Iranian shops.

Now that sounds good

Oooooh nommy! :drool: Now thats something I havent tried, it is going on ze list! :)

I always check your diary at the end of the day when I get to sit down and your pics end up making me feel hungry.

Good to hear you are recovering from op. I was on the ole codeine after my c section, it definitely doesn't help things moving lol.

The bean dish looks yummy. I love edamame and Lima beans, always have a bag of each in my freezer.

Btw changing subject a little. I had some food you would love the other day. My neighbor is Italian and often drops in food she has made, sometimes not very sw friendly might I add, but you have to sample a little bit, right? Anyway last night she dropped in arancini. I could tell it was deep fried so only had a little nibble, but omg so yummy. I am going to have a go at making some low fat baked ones very soon. ;)

Keep the yummy food pics coming!!

Last edited:
I always check your diary at the end of the day when I get to sit down and your pics end up making me feel hungry.

Good to hear you are recovering from op. I was on the ole codeine after my c section, it definitely doesn't help things moving lol.

The bean dish looks yummy. I love edamame and Lima beans, always have a bag of each in my freezer.

Btw changing subject a little. I had some food you would love the other day. My neighbor is Italian and often drops in food she has made, sometimes not very sw friendly might I add, but you have to sample a little bit, right? Anyway last night she dropped in arancini. I could tell it was deep fried so only had a little nibble, but omg so yummy. I am going to have a go at making some low fat baked ones very soon. ;)

Keep the yummy food pics coming!!

Aww thanks Britmum :) Yeah the codeine is at work again, nada since last report :rolleyes: Weight inching up half a pound a day :sigh: Could be some time cos the stent is in for at least 6 weeks :(Im trying to ease off the codeine and just take paracetamol but it bladdy HURTS :cry:

Arancini! :drool: I was looking at an arancini recipe the other day, it sounded divine! :drool: Yeah these were deep fried too, I was wondering if I could do a baked version. It had nduja in it which is pretty synful but I have loaaaads in the freezer and I lurrrrrrve it! Also had cheese & wine in, breadcrumbs to coat etc, so Ill make it a Sat night treat I think and just bake it. It wont be that bad. Nom, we'll have to have an arancini fest! Maybe Ill make a few different flavours all at once :)

Have you tried some stool softeners/laxatives? I had to in the end as they were wanting me to go back into hospital otherwise. It finally helped.

I am going to try making arancini this week I think. Look forward to see what you do too.

Ah I wont be making it til I come back off holiday now, so Ill see what nomtastic creation you come up with first and any tips! :)

Friday 25th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Cheese salad in vinaigrette thing again 1 HEXA for Manchego, 1.5 syns for oil & mustard
Tea: Roast cauliflower & green bean salad w peppered walnut & caper dressing; Orzo & bean salad with cheesy dressing 1 HEXB for walnuts, Parmesan & oil
Snacks: Roasted kale

7279529710_720616ef57_o.jpg

Not remotely on any plan today so just writing the old syns down anyway. Call it Extra Easy, but it makes no difference. :rolleyes:

Saturday 26th May Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB & 7.5 syns for bread & LCL
Lunch: Cheese salad in a vinaigrette thing again 8 syns for Parmesan & mustard
Tea: Sort of buffet affair: Bacon & Brie omelette wedges 8 syns for Brie & oil; Griddled chicken 1 syn for oil; Quinoa Greek salad; Summer salad 3.5 syns for oil & mustard
Snacks: Quorn slices, snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Muller with cherry underlay 1.5 syns

Just a pick-n-mix summer nibble affair:

7279529588_ccbcd2055e_o.jpg

Quinoa salad

7279530898_d5b4be8d0c_o.jpg

Summer salad

7279528116_ed937df125_o.jpg

Bacon & Brie Omelette Wedges

7279526948_d49c4aae21_o.jpg

Bacon & Brie Omelette Wedges

7279532492_37211dc9a7_o.jpg

Griddled chicken in chilli & garlic

Sunday 27th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Cheese salad 1 HEXA & 1 syn for Parmesan & mustard
Tea: Ottoloenghi's roast squash salad with tahini and za'atar 2 HEXB & 9.5 syns for tahini & pine nuts
Snacks: Bit of leftover quinoa & summer salads from last night, 2 syns for oil & mustard

Oh sweet jesus, I have died and gone to heaven :faint2: It doesn't get better than this :drool: I hear people rave about Ottolenghi but Ive scanned over a few recipes and nothing particularly grabbed me, but I had some za'atar hanging around that I specifically bought for a recipe eons ago which vanished into the ether before I managed to make it, then this Ottolenghi one in the Guardian caught my eye as it had the za'atar in, so I thought Id give it a go. Oh my. Oh. My. God. :drool:

Supposed to serve four, but for me not even two as a main though, so I stuck some side salad in which doesnt really go but its all I had. next time Id double the veggies but keep the sauce the same, so syns remain the same. Or you could serve with bag of rocket or whatever but I didnt have any. Doubling veggies should be fine, there was TONS of sauce, and its L - U - S - H :drool:

7280996982_55b9f04201_o.jpg

Another piccie cos it was so lush! :drool:

7281086938_b9c5012586_o.jpg

I edited it from here

Roast squash and red onion with tahini and za'atar sauce

Ingredients:
- 1kg BNS, deseeded & cut into 2cm x 6cm wedges (leave the skin on)
- 2 red onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- S&P
- 3 tbsp tahini (about 60g)
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp za'atar
- 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley

Method:
- Preheat oven to to 220C/Gas 7
- Put the squash and onions in (separate) lined trays, sprinkle w S&P and roast in fry Light for 40 min or so until browned and cooked through. (The onions will probably need a bit less time)
- Remove and set aside to cool
- Put the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl and whisk to smooth consistency
- Fry the nuts and 1/2 tsp salt in fry Light for a couple of min on medium, stirring, until golden brown. Set aside.
- To serve, spread the veg on a plate, drizzle over the sauce, scatter over the pine nuts and sprinkle with za'atar & parsley

Serves 2 if you use a side salad too, preferably something light, like rocket or watercress (doesnt really go with standard salad but it's all I had in).

Next time I would double the BNS & onion but keep the sauce the same (then you wouldn't need the side salad). The sauce is LOADS, it should be fine with twice as much veg.

7281086938_b9c5012586_o.jpg

I have to say, all of your meals look amazingly yummy! Still have not tried BNS, must do soon as I seem to find it everywhere on here :) Other than this recipe, what's your favourite way to make it?

Back