Erm's Photo Diary

erm your new picture is beautiful, you look lovely :)

thanks for sharing jules' recipe.. it looks lovely and will defo be trying :) xx

I feel a bit sick but not sure if that is slight poisoning or whether it is physcosomatic! When I read that even a few grams can cause real intestinal problems it was a worry. I have to tell you though that it was so bad that I honestly think I didn't swallow any. I even ran over to the sink and rinsed my mouth out with water! I'm sure I'll be ok. I don't think it's something that can affect the whole crop - it is very rare. Just my luck to get that one! We bought it from a farm shop (honesty shop - no one actually works there).

Yow, well thank God you're OK! Just googled it, sounds nasty! Oh well as long as all is good now :)

Sunday 02nd - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Lunch: Spicy jalapeno hummus, carrots and big bowl of salad
Tea: Tamarind lentils with mooli salad, coriander rice and coriander dip about 2 syns for honey, tamarind, yoghurt and puree
Snacks: Peach, satsumas, pears

Wasn't really planning on doing any great fandango tonight but Id been meaning to try this lentil dish for a while and figured I should stick some veg with it rather than having just lentils and rice, so used up some mooli that's been hanging around for a while in a different recipe to last time. Then figured the coriander on the table was on its last legs so I might as well try this dip Id been meaning to do forever and while I was looking for the recipe came up with this coriander rice recipe too, soo turned into a bit of a banquet! Took bladdy ages, thank God its Sunday!

6204760435_71e1bff8fd_o.jpg

The lentils were nice but not how I expected, they were very 'meaty', well, lentils *are* meaty I guess, but this tasted really kinda like gravy! In a good way, but very much more meat & veg than spicy curry. Couldnt really taste much of the spices tbh, I did wonder as I was cooking it as they seemed tiny quantities. Nice though, but Id edit it next time. And OMG was it filling! :eek: All that rice and lentils, I thought I was gonna explode! :eek:

So that went with coriander rice, and here's the coriander dip:

6204760973_83777a2dc5_o.jpg

Not all that fabulous on its own but mixed with the salad was awesome!

6205276440_88363f71f4_o.jpg

The mooli salad was great, much better than the last one I made, but a bit dry on its own - the dip made it kinda like a chilli-coleslaw.

This is the dressing for the salad, very tasty! 2.5 syns (for honey) for a giant bowl which served 3:

6205275670_72893b3215_o.jpg

The dip was half a syn for a big pot that would serve 4-6!

Think it might be Stilton soup tomorrow :)

Hi there,
I just want to say, Im so delighted to have found your diary, or should I say have been pointed in your direction. What wonderful delights you are putting on here. Thank you so much.
xxx

Ooh hello and welcome, pull up a chair :) And everyone else! I seem to have lots of new visitors this week. Must be on my best behaviour :cool: N.O. .C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E. :eek: O.R. .B.E.E.R. :rolleyes: :D

hey there, I've been pointed at your diary for the food p0rn and WOW. I may never leave, hope that's okay? :D

The lentils sound really lovely (and useful) and if you can't have a feast on a sunday, when can you?

Hi Erm,

Love your diary! Have got your spicy chicken kebabs in the oven as we speak. They smell flippin gorge! Although reading back the recipe, forgot to put the oregano in! Oops!

Nevermind I'll remember next time ?

Congrats on your amazing loss, very motivating

Stacey

Well, no luck with acorn squash, but forund a harlequin squash that looks exactly the same! It had pale yellow flesh and tasted soooo sweet, it was gorgeous! I guess all squashes are similar? So wish my towns supermarkets stocked all these different fruits and veggies!! Also tried onion squash, just like sweet potato and makes lovely baked wedges! Are squashes all superfree? Sorry i am gate-crashing your thread with 100 questions! But you seem to know what your doing with food from your scrummy looking pics! I have to come here every day to see what delights you have made! lol x

Oh no! :eek: Toxic squash, wow, never heard of that, shall have to go-a-googling! Wow, well thank God you're OK, crikey! :eek: Is it something that would affect the whole lot of squashes in the shop? Have you told them? Crikey I think that would have put me off squashes for life! Are you OK though?

I thought the same had no idea about this...

Erm did you see the recipe in recipe section for a corned beef pasty ? ie 1 syn + 1 HEXB I reckon the idea would work with one of your spicey fillings too.

I tried the corned beef one and it was nicer than I imagined. Also tried a potato, onion, cheese one using abit of a knorr stock pot for added flavour but reckon a chilli one or something really tasty would work, they were a lovely idea and quite filling too :D
xxxxx

Monday 03rd - Green

Lunch: Leftover mooli salad and coriander dip, plus normal salad 1.5 syns for honey and yogurt
Tea: Today I made the Two Fat Ladies Onion & Stilton soup but without the croutons 2 syns for beer, 2 syns for butter and 1 HEXB for Stilton.
Snacks: Peach, nectarines, Quron slices - and that yumyumyum nuked frozen fruit in coconut Muller again :drool:

Sooo here's the two fat ladies onion & Stilton soup:

6209218686_b84b6421c6_o.jpg

Was yum! Wasnt going to put any butter in at first but figured a teaspoon or two might give it a nice taste (not the whole 56g though! :eek: ) Really glad I put the butter in, definitely worth it for 2 syns. The recipe review said it had too much cheese so I only put 2 ounces in even though I had a spare HEX so could have doubled it - but I didnt find it that cheesy, could definitely have managed 4 ounces, but then I am a cheeseaholic :( Still very nice though, buttery and sweet with a hint of Stilton :)

6208704839_ca47c327f0_o.jpg

Bladdy hell you didnt get much though! :eek: Looks nice in the pan but really, this was starter material as its not a bulky soup. (To be fair I skipped the croutons though as they dont really grab me unless theyre oozing in oil, so not worth the syns, be a *bit* more filling with croutons I guess) So, being still starving I had to mooch off and concoct a sort of mushroom stirfry to fill me up. :sigh:

And then I had me semi-nuked frozen fruit with coconut Muller again, yum!

6209218920_c23bb55ccf_o.jpg

Two days til WI and nowt has shifted this week! :(

Recipe for Onion & Stilton soup is here.

I'll be honest the soup looks lovely but not surprised you were still starving after
that was the smallest portion I'd ever seen lol...

Tuesday 04th - Green

Lunch: Jalapeno hummus with mixed veg crudites & big salad
Tea: Black Bean & Bacon stew 1 HEXB for bacon
Snacks: Peaches, pears, Quorn slices, Bovril

6213972492_79787bb242_o.jpg

6213972606_1f01ab23c3_o.jpg

I am ignoring the scales for WI today. I was disappointed anyway that they were showing no loss this week despite me being pretty good (except 2 beers last Wed) - but this morning I appear to have put 2.5 pounds on overnight :mad:

So they can naff off :sigh:

Amen to that Erm - I am sure they will have disappeared by tomorrow - bloomin lbs - don't they know it when it is Weigh In Day - crafty beggars!
x

Amen to that Erm - I am sure they will have disappeared by tomorrow - bloomin lbs - don't they know it when it is Weigh In Day - crafty beggars!
x

Well I have weighed them in anyhow on the SW site (which is now sending me all these notes of condolence and all this other trollopry) - but at least it will add 2.5lb to whatever I *DO* lose net week mwahhaha...! :cool:

In fact it seems to work best when I weigh on on Tuesdays - Ive never put on so far that way. This graph in my sig (below) I update on Tuesdays as that was my original WI day and I have NEVER put on on that :cool: Its only SW's insistence I add it on a damn Weds that makes me gain :rolleyes:

Hi Ermintrude....some of your meals look absolutely gorgeous!!! Was just wondering if you could give me the recipe for the above please?? and how many syns?? they look really nice :)

Hi, I didn't find them that great tbh, but here's the recipe:

Mojito
Makes 4 - 2.5 syns each

Ingredients
* 100ml Light Rum (10 syns)
* Juice of 2 Limes
* 4 tsp Splenda
* 4 sprigs mint (& extra to garnish)
* diet Soda Water
* plenty of ice

Instructions:
* Lightly muddle mint and Splenda with a splash of soda water until Splenda dissolves and you smell the mint
* Divide equally between 4 glasses, add ice and pour lime juice and rum over
* Top with soda water and garnish with a sprig of mint

Wednesday 05th - Green

No piccies again today as been at college all day

Lunch: Wrap stuffed with cheese, salad, jalapenos. Mixed veg snacks. 5 syns for wrap, 1HEXA & 1/2 HEXB for cheese
Tea: Hummus and carrot sticks on train home - Free
Snacks: Peach, pear, Quorn slices, and too much BEEEERRRRR NOOOOOOOOO 16 syns :cry:

Gah!!! :sigh:

Wednesday 05th - Green

No piccies again today as been at college all day

Lunch: Wrap stuffed with cheese, salad, jalapenos. Mixed veg snacks. 5 syns for wrap, 1HEXA & 1/2 HEXB for cheese
Tea: Hummus and carrot sticks on train home - Free
Snacks: Peach, pear, Quorn slices, and too much BEEEERRRRR NOOOOOOOOO 16 syns :cry:

Gah!!! :sigh:

Oooops :eek: ah well but in your defense sometimes its nice to have a little beer blowout food sounding well nice :D

Oooops :eek: ah well but in your defense sometimes its nice to have a little beer blowout food sounding well nice :D

Yeah well I usually let myself have Saturday off to have a couple (*cough* :D ) of glasses of wine, but now Ive had that I shouldnt really but will I be able to stop myself come Saturday.... :sigh: :break_diet:

Back