Erm's Photo Diary

Wednesday 07th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Lunch: Spicy jalapeno hummus with carrot sticks & salad 3 syns for dressing
Tea: Leftover Xmas soup 1 HEXB for turkey, 5 syns for stuffing balls
Snacks: Pear, peach, figs, apple, Finn Crisp with Laughing Cow 1 HEXA & 4 syns - I did it AGAIN!!! :d'oh: EXACTLY the same thing, forgot my turkey was a HEX and there were potatoes/parsnips and used up a HEX I didn't have so had to syn the Finn Crisp *MORON ALERT* :argh:

6476347505_a3f38d89c7_o.jpg

Thursday 08th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee & Toast 1 HEXA, 1 HEXB, 2 syns
Tea: Roasted BNS with black rice stuffing & mozzarella topping 1 HEXB for mozzarella, 1 syn for tomatoes
Snacks: None

Roasted some BNS:

6481514667_86ff60380b_o.jpg

Scooped out its innards and mashed them up with wild rice, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions garlic, spices god I cant remember what else but the stuffing was YUM!!! :drool:

6481514539_7eaa887eac_o.jpg

Stuffed it, topped with cheese and roasted for 20 min:

6481514805_e0f2361556_o.jpg

Yummo!! :drool: And ENORMOUS! :eek: Didnt really need the superfree chips to go with it! :p

6481514927_68266c17e3_o.jpg

Gotta say it tasted a bit better before the final roasting though. i) the rice kind of dried out a bit and its a bite-y chewy rice anyway ii) Ive really gotta ditch the low fat cheese bollox :rolleyes: Its all bollox isnt it, really... :( Might as well have just a *little* bit of the Real Thing, something ab-so-lute-ly ommmmmmmmmmmmm... :drool:

:wavey: Hello my lovely friend and how are you? :bighug:

that looks yummy but in my opinion:

low fat cheese = chewy cardboard (yack)

the only 'low fat' cheese I bother with is mozerella as I find 28g of good stuff outweighs in taste 42g of cardboard :D

btw I tried acorn squash. I didn't make the chilli but will do for my 2nd one that I have I have it with homemade burgers but too dry.

the taste though omg love love love it

I want to try xmas soup. I shall go back and find that recipe you adapted as I love the look of that :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:wavey: Hello my lovely friend and how are you? :bighug:

that looks yummy but in my opinion:

low fat cheese = chewy cardboard (yack)

the only 'low fat' cheese I bother with is mozerella as I find 28g of good stuff outweighs in taste 42g of cardboard :D

btw I tried acorn squash. I didn't make the chilli but will do for my 2nd one that I have I have it with homemade burgers but too dry.

the taste though omg love love love it

I want to try xmas soup. I shall go back and find that recipe you adapted as I love the look of that :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That *was* the mozzarella :( Ive had grated mozzarella on pizzas and every time I regret it a bit, then this one I just used one of those white balls of mozzarella (low fat), it looked so juicy & creamy I thought it'd be OK bu it was cr@ppe :( It doesnt melt or even move anywhere, then in a nanosecond goes from white to burnt... :sigh: And tbh it tastes of naff all :(

I couldve got away with full fat on this anyway cos I had 2 HEXes left and only had 1 57g portion :( Couldve had TWO FULL FAT BABIES!!! :drool: grrrrrrr :(

The Xmas soup was very salty (& I put too much water in :eek: I forgot I was simmering the turkey in stock, so had that to add too... :rolleyes: )

I did:
- 325g turkey breast, diced
- 2 litres Knorr chicken stock pot
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 250g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp dried sage
- 2 bay leaves
- Stonking shake Worcestershire sauce
- 1 box stuffing made into 20 balls @ 1 syn each

- Simmered turkey in enough stock to cover
- Fried onions, celery & garlic
- Added veg, herbs, stock & turkey & simmered on low until done
- Stick balls on top! :D :drool:

Next time Id use chicken instead of turkey, grill/bake instead of simmer ( :confused: ) then shred, whizz the potato/onion base, not add ANY seasoning (those stockpotthingamabobs are mini-salt-flats eh?! :eek: ) Errrr... that's it :) Plenty of sage, coupla bay leaves, stuffing balls made it :)

It tastes WAY WAY WAY better next day btw ;) Thicker, more flavoursome. :drool:

Oh man that butternut squash looks to die for!
:drool: :eat: :drool: :eat: :drool: :eat: :drool: :eat: :drool: :eat:

Friday 09th - Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, fruit & yoghurt
Tea: Home made snausage and snips with coronation salad 0.5 syns for sausages, 3 syns for coronation sauce, 3.5 syns for ketchup & mustard
Snacks: Apple, peach, figs, Bovril, pear, Bovril and, er, Bovril :rolleyes:

**BANG!!!**

I only ate 2 sausages as I couldn't fit the rest in :confused:

Made my snausage mix the day before:

6487118899_29c8bf1c2c_o.jpg

Snausages before:

6487118681_0fde428c33_o.jpg

Snausages after! :

6487119091_386959c4b2_o.jpg

Bit dry, they need something extra, cheeeeeeese maybe... :drool:

Concocted a coronation salad too to use up some leftover cabbage, doesnt look much but it was FABBO!!! Yum yum! :

6487119695_16f8c2363e_o.jpg

Snausage & Snips! :

6487119315_c6e385898d_o.jpg

Yummo! :drool:

6487119493_618a86c5c1_o.jpg

(Sorry half of these are illuminous, the light varies so much in here I cant tell what white balance Im looking at, half the time I think Im hallucinating when I see what random glo-show Ive created :smoke: )

Errrrr... whats a snip? :rolleyes: :D

recipe for the snausages would be my guess.. they look like the really nice veggie ones that you get in hotels sometimes.. mouth watering! :) :drool:

OK well these were both pretty much invented along the way re: flavouring ingredients :D So the contents etc are a bit random :rolleyes:

The basic recipe is 1 tin beans, drained and about 85g rice plus garlic & whatever herbs/spices you want. Cooked the rice then mash everything up and cook as snausages. I got the original idea from here:

Snausages
(makes 8 large ones @ 2 for 0.5 syns on EE/Green)

Ingredients:
- 1 tin cannelini beans, drained
(you could use any plain cooked beans for this really, these were just what I had handy)
- 85 g wholegrain basmati rice (again a bit of a guesstimate on quantity but I think it was about right)

Spices/flavourings:
I used the following, but it was a case of adding stuff, tasting and adding more stuff as I thoguht it needed it - so the selection looks slightly strange - I would alter it a bit next time:
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup 2 syns (you could probably use tomato puree as Free tbh)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1.5 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder

Method:
- Cook the rice until tender (about 20 min)
- Meanwhile put the beans and all other ingredients in a whizzer to mix roughly (alternatively just mash them up with a fork)
- When the rice is cooked, drain well, mix with the bean mix and mash again
- Lay it all on a large piece of cling film, compress it firmly into a block, wrap tightly and store in the fridge overnight to firm up and allow the flavours to mingle

When ready to cook:
- preheat the oven
- unwrap the mix, cut into 8 slices and roll carefully but firmly into sausage shapes
- Carefully lay on a lined, Fry-light sprayed tray, cover in foil and bake for about 15-20min or until warmed through
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet sprayed in Fry Light
- When the snausages are heated through carefully place on the pan/skillet for a minute or so each side to crisp up the outside

You could probably just fry these from scratch on the skillet but Id not tried them before and as they are so big I wasn't sure they'd heat all the way through before they burnt on the outside, so I warmed them in the oven first

I liked them but they were pretty dry, so next time I might try adding some cheese or an egg or something. They were very fragile so you have to be careful picking them up etc.

Snausage mix:

6492679045_b31f1f9542_o.jpg

Wrap firmly in the fridge overnight to firm up and mix flavours:

6492679267_d091653d4d_o.jpg

Cut into sausage shapes:

6487118899_29c8bf1c2c_o.jpg

6492679779_77be32a10e_o.jpg

6492679479_3f887f8e7f_o.jpg

Bake covered for 15-20min to warm through:

6487118681_0fde428c33_o.jpg

Fry to crisp sides up:

6487119091_386959c4b2_o.jpg

Serve with chips & salad:

6487119315_c6e385898d_o.jpg

Coronation salad
Serves 4
8 syns for mango chutney & yoghurt so 2 syns per serving

Ingredients:
- 250g cabbage, finely sliced/shredded (I used savoy as it was all I had in)
- 150g carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced

For the dressing:
- 300g Total 2% (you could use 0% of you prefer)
- 60g mango chutney
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1/2tsp cayenne

Method:
- Puree the chutney in a processor
(The purpose of pureeing it is so it spreads equally throhgh the salad and to eliminate chunks. The reason I say 60g is cos its 4 level tbsp. I just put about a third of a jar in the whizzer, pureed it and gave any leftovers after the 60g to the OH to use as a dip :) )
- Mix the dressing ingredients together
- Mix very thoroughly in with the veg (This may take a while and is easier done in 2 separate batches with this quantity)

I thought this was pretty much perfect for my taste, although maybe a touch hot, so might omit the cayenne next time.
(At first I just used 2tbsp curry powder and it wasn't hot enough so I added the cayenne. It still didn't have all the flavour I wanted though, so I added 2tbsp more curry powder)

It tastes best if you leave it a good while to mingle the flavours, it was fab next day for leftovers!

6487119695_16f8c2363e_o.jpg

Sunday 11th - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, & mixed fruit with yoghurt
Lunch: Leftover snausages and coronation salad 3.5 syns for coronation dressing & ketchup
Tea: Spicy Spanish kebab with celeriac fries & green salad 1 syn for olive oil
Snacks: Apple, pear, wine about 40 syns

6494121587_69d832bd61_o.jpg

Sunday 11th - Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA, & mixed fruit with yoghurt
Lunch: Leftover snausages and coronation salad 3.5 syns for coronation dressing & ketchup
Tea: Spicy Spanish kebab with celeriac fries & green salad 1 syn for olive oil
Snacks: Apple, pear, wine about 40 syns

have you got the recipe for these kebabs as the look gawjus.

have you got the recipe for these kebabs as the look gawjus.

I think I've posted it on this diary at least twice, already cos its a regular of mine - but as its paaaaaages long now Ill do it again :D :

Spicy Spanish kebab:
Makes 4 kebabs (we have 2 each :D )

Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts (400-500g)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt (eg Maldon)
- 2 tsp each of: cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika (if you cant get this use normal smoked paprika and add a bit of chilli powder, to taste)
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (2 syns)
- Superfree BBQ-style veg to add to kebab (I use 2 bell peppers cut into 1 inch pieces and sometimes some red onion, cut into thin wedges)

Method:
- Cut chicken into about 20 bite-size pieces, put in large bowl and set aside
- Whizz the seeds in a spice grinder/mini processor, or toast lightly and crush to a fine powder in a P&M and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and salt to a paste-like consistency in a P&M.
- Add garlic paste to chicken & mix well with plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- Add everything else, mix well again and set aside in the fridge for at least an hour, overnight if possible
- When ready to cook, thread the chicken pieces on a kebab stick with peppers/red onions or whatever superfree stuff you fancy
- Place on a lined, Fry-light sprayed tray, cover in foil and bake at 180C (fan) for about 20 min or until cooked through, removing foil for last 5 min of cooking time

Serve with chips/wedges, salad and mango salsa

5969935922_2aee12d343_o.jpg

The snausages do need editing a bit, they're pretty dry as they are. The kebabs are fabbo though, a staple of mine now :D

Back