Erm's Photo Diary

Your recipes and pics look fab! Now I've the time I will be following closely as I love trying out new things in the kitchen. I made carrot and ginger soup yesterday from the little book of soups for lunch today :)

Monday 23rd Jan Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA, 1.25 HEXB
Lunch: Smoky bean soup
Tea: Sweetcorn & chilli soup <1 HEXB for oil, 1 HEXA for Parmesan
Snacks: Box of cherries, apple

6755127091_f60db1c903_o.jpg

Tuesday 24th Jan Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA, 1.25 HEXB
Lunch: Sweetcorn & chilli soup <1 HEXB for oil, 1 HEXA for Parmesan
Lunch 2: Salad 4 syns for dressing
Tea: Box blueberries in Total 2% with honey 3.5 syns
Snacks: Nectarine, pears, apple, Quorn slices, 2 glasses wine 12 syns, 1 vodka & diet coke 4 syns

Randomer day cos went out to a gig and was a bit hungry when I got back but not enough to eat loads and then go to bed on a full tum. WI tomorrow, no idea what thats gonna be about as Ive had a coupla glasses of wine so probably ought to drink plenty* all night so Im not dehydrated and screw up the scales :confused:

Then Im off to Manchester for a few days job and house hunting and I am not gonna be able to stay on plan, it'll be impossible shifting to a different B&B every day :sigh: So just gonna try to make sensible choices and expect a bit of a gain next week I guess.

*Not of the alcoholic variety this time :rolleyes:

Wednesday 24th Jan Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1.2 HEXA, 1 HEXB
Lunch: Veggie soup 1 syn for oil, 3 Finn crisp with LCL 0.4 HEXA & 3 syns,
Tea: Gorgonzola stuffed figs in crispy prosciutto with celeriac fries & salad - 2 syns for figs, 1 HEXB & 1 syn for cheese, 4.5 syns for prosciutto
Snacks: Nectarine, pears, apple, Muller cheesecake 1 syn, carrots

OMG this was just D - I - V - I - N - E !!! :drool: Amaaaazing...

Was originally gonna be part of a nice dinner Saturday but we've got to go to Manchester at short-ish notice and might not be back so was just using stuff up that was on its way out, so I didn't put much effort in making it or taking pix!

You would never know it was figs in there, the b/f was asking what it was, first he guessed mushrooms, second guess was chestnuts! Soooo goooood!!! Next time I'll do it even better! :cool:

6765166409_d41efc2903_o.jpg

Wow - that looks delicious. I searched everywhere for figs but could only find dry ones :-( You can only buy seasonable veg here so maybe I was just too late..

Your meals are to die for Erm xxx

Righty. Been away for a few days house hunting. I do not remember a time I have eaten this much Bad Stuff, but I do not remember a time it was Ohhhhh Soooo Goooooood!!! :drool:

B&B fare was croissants and muffins and stuff OR Full English, so I had the Full English 1st morning but cut the fat off me bacon and only ate 1 sausage. Had the beans, mushrooms, tomatoes. I dont think they were fried but who knows. So not too bad a start.

Then I had a pastrami, pickle, cheese & mustard panini for lunch... Then a scone with jam and butter later in the day :whistle:

Then to score Gold when we went out for the meal with colleague I had fried Brie in breadcrumbs for starter and a creamy fettucine for main. It was that or pizza so hey... :rolleyes: I did eat the salad that came with the Brie. And I didnt have dessert :whistle:

Next morning was Full english again. Well I say Full, I couldn't fit the Full in this time, so I skipped the tomatoes, beans, mushrooms and just had 2 sausage & 2 bacon. Oh and two crumpets with butter.

The we had a few hours to kill before the train so went to check out Hebden bridge. Tourist trap hell! :eek: OH wanted a coffee, I didnt - so I had a pear smoothie instead.

Then on the way back I figured I couldnt go back down south wi'out visit to t'chippie, so I had battered fish wi' scraps. No chips tho (too full from the Half English and the smoothie :rolleyes: ). (I only ate the batter, tho - gev me fish to the OH :rolleyes: )

Then we got back to the station and the OH got a smoothie that I sampled that tasted like a Strawberry Mivvi - so I got meself one.

Then i got home and had beans on toast for tea. :8855:

Ahem. *Smooths self down* :cool:

So. New week, new me:

Sunday 29th Jan Green

Lunch: Beans on toast 1 HEXB
Tea: Spicy root & lentil casserole
Snacks: Muller cheesecake 1 syn

:4633:

your food while you were away sounds wonderful. you made loads of good healthy choices haha ;)

well done on coming back and getting straight back on plan! :) x

How was your trip up north erm? X

It was great! Especially the food... :whistle:

Had a look around Eccles, Monton, Ellesmere, Salford area in the morning, very poash, well except for Eccles :D Then tootled around manchester in a bus while t'other half was at his interview. Sampled the, ah, weather... :whistle: Rain, sleet, hail, thunder, downpour, what else could a girl ask for? :D Fortunately I was on a bus at some roadworks in Urmston at the mega snow point. Still, Urmston looks pretty poash too. :p

Then we buggered off to ultra-poash Chortlon for the 2nd night. Unfortunately theyve turned all the B&Bs into flats so there was nowhere to stay except a room above a pub. I didnt mind that at first as I dont need flash $hit. The OH was a bit miffed that there was a hole smashed in the door, no shower and a smear of something brown on the wall next to the bathroom but I wasnt bothered at that point as it was 28 Squid for the night for 2 of us.

Unfortunately when I got in the bed it was that cold and damp I started shaking. After about an hour and a lack of tin-foil hypothermia-blanket (or functioning radiator) we pulled the plug and rolled off to the good ol' Predictable Pr*mi*r sInn. Hate myself for buying into the $y$tem but that bed was damn good. In fact bigger than my flat I do believe. :rolleyes: And they dont kick you out til 12. And brekky was on til 10. So I didnt get my arse out of the Megabed(TM) til 09:30, and then just kinda carried on eatin til about 12 :whistle: :8855:

Then we wandered round the city for a bit, OMG!!! Its a while since Ive been to Manc now (all I remember is cheesy chips and the concrete bus route leading up to Piccadilly in the rain) Jeezo its ALL poash now! WTF is going on?!?! Huge great biq square with poash farmers markets selling Jerk cheese and caramelised goat's cheese and God knows what fannywangling! (Fannywangling? Now sure either... :confused: ) Most fab-u-lose sweetie and all that. :p

Then we went on the train out to Hebden Bridge and mountainfolk ;) , dont think OH has seen S-N-O-W before, (which is interesting, given he comes from Wales). (Maybe it just never gets time to freeze before it hits Wales?) He was loving it, I had to put my stern face on and tell him we were NOT living in a four storey bookshelf knocked into the side of a cliff, especially as neither of us drive. Or go mountaineering. Pennines are for days out only, not commuting thankyouverymuch.

Nice scraps though :) So yeah, think Ive convinced him (and myself) that Manchester is OK to live in. Ive even seen a photo of the sun come out, once. :)

LOL sounds like you and an adventure!

Manchester city centre is lovely! I love their Xmas markets during the winter...

Then on the way back I figured I couldnt go back down south wi'out visit to t'chippie, so I had battered fish wi' scraps. No chips tho (too full from the Half English and the smoothie :rolleyes: ). (I only ate the batter, tho - gev me fish to the OH :rolleyes: )

You see - I've always thought that when 'they' say 'just eat the fish and give away the batter' that they had got something wrong! Kudos to Ermintrude for sorting it out for us! :D:D:D

You see - I've always thought that when 'they' say 'just eat the fish and give away the batter' that they had got something wrong! Kudos to Ermintrude for sorting it out for us! :D:D:D

Anyone who pays good money for *battered* fish and then GIVES AWAY THE BATTER is well short of a full house :rolleyes:

Monday 30th Jan Extra Easy

Lunch: Spicy root & lentil casserole
Lunch 2: Salad, 4 syns for dressing
Tea: Feta stuffed chicken in prosciutto with mixed veg 1.5 syns for prosciutto, 5 syns for Feta
Snacks: Pears, cherries, apple, Quorn slices, Muller coconut

6795021617_89d25da3e0_o.jpg

I've been meaning to post this for a few days and keep forgetting, but I saw in a Food mag the other day that Waitrose and Ocado now stock 'nduja. It's the 'Unearthed' range at £2.19 for 90g. Probably not as good a deal as the six ton block you got last time Ermintrude! Easier to find somewhere to put it though! :D

Tuesday 31st Jan Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Spicy root & lentil casserole
Tea: Black bean soup with hot roast pepper cream
Snacks: Pear, apple, cherries, peach, leftover veg in brown suace 1 syn, Muller cheesecake 0.5 syns, Quorn slices, Total 2% 0.5 syns

WARNING: Don't all throw up at once...

6800363109_93686a44e4_o.jpg

Er... yeee-aaaah... :rolleyes: Tbh you've got off lightly, Photoshop is a magic wand... It really did look like dishwater in real life... (with a touch of fluffy sick on top :drool: ;) )

It was meant to look like this:

24657_.jpg

Soooo... moving swiftly on... :whistle:

Nah, it tasted OK, the soup was nothing to bother with again but OH my GOD the SAUCE was DIVINE!!! :drool: Seriously, Im not kidding, Im gonna post it in the recipe section later! I think it's cos I was supposed to use cream but used yoghurt so it curdled. I wouldn't use the sauce for soup again but Id DEFFO use it for dips & salads and stuff, it was GAWJUS!!! :drool: In fact I might make one for me lunch today with some salad and carrot sticks n stuff :)

Aaaaaaand... God I dunno how to say this... I dont even know what number to pick... :confused: Im not sure if Ive had an outrageously (and I MEAN outrageously) good week? Or my scales are up the creek... :sigh: Last week I went away only very slightly less than before Xmas, then went up to Manchester (and we all know what happened there :rolleyes: ) Soooooo I came back to find Id put about 6lbs on in 2 days... I mean I know I'd been bad (and I mean B - A - A - A - A - D) but I still thought 6lb was a bit WOAH... :sigh:

BUT I got weighed yesterday and 5lb of them had disappeared, so I was pretty chipper! :) THEN I got weighed this morning and another fackin FOUR have gone? Now excuse me, weight isn't like loose change, it doesn't tootle off down the back of the sofa eh? So Im VERY happy to see the damage wasnt that bad but Im a bit woooooah about my scales :confused:

The thing is they're waving that weeny 1 - 9 at me and I cant believe thats the case eh? :eek: We're wavering between 1 9 . 1 3. 4 and 1 9 . 1 3. 8... so Ive rolled it up to 2 0 . 0 0 and WI online cos I dont want to get me hopes up if they're really up the creek? Although I did jump on a second pair that pretty much agree with them (*cautious smiley*)...

Id be happy to lose the 6 I put on gorging on deep fried Brie et all but to do that AND lose 4lb is pushing it a bit methinks... then again, you know what they say about the more you eat the more you lose! :)

Anyway, whichever way it goes I also got my:

S105.jpg

this week so WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :bliss: Deep Fried Brie for the win!!!!! :8855:

Last edited:
7.5 stones! You little star erm!!!!!!!

Many congratulations :) you are a true example that you can eat yummy food and still lose shed loads of weight :)

Back