Erm's Photo Diary

That looks delish :) Hmm, I don't mind aubergine or courgette on the barbie, grew tonnes of courgettes last couple of years but hubby doesn't like them so not bothering this year. I love aniseed, so fennel, tarragon, star anise are all in my store cupboard and I love fresh fennel, that works well on the barbie too with mackrel fillets and sliced tomatoes. :drool: I've got some Russian tarragon growing in a pot in the garden, it's much milder than French tarragon. I cannot even be near coriander lol! Even the smell makes me ill, my uncle one gave me some seeds so I chucked them in a pot of compost and they just took off, grew so well that when the wind blew I could smell the damn stuff all over the garden so they ended up at the back of the greenhouse lol! Don't know what possessed me to grow it in the first place, oh well! You live and learn :D Annoying thing is the horrible stuff keeps popping up in the veggie patches now :eek:

Not many piccies or cooking for a bit croa i cremted my hand raqther than the tart last night. And my typing is gonna be full of typos agghhhhhhhhhh :(

6886300586_3873d37fbe_o.jpg

Bad luck Erm xxx hope it feels better soon x

ermintrude said:
Not many piccies or cooking for a bit croa i cremted my hand raqther than the tart last night. And my typing is gonna be full of typos agghhhhhhhhhh :(

Yikes I hope it's better soon. Hugs. X

Hope it gets better real quick x

Heal fast! X

Ouch!

I did something like that a year ago. I took a metal handled frying pan out of the oven and put it down, then when I went to dish up I forgot the oven glove.... My palm and inner fingers blistered and eventually all the skin peeled away.... so yeah, I know how that feels!

Get well soon :)

Ouch!

I did something like that a year ago. I took a metal handled frying pan out of the oven and put it down, then when I went to dish up I forgot the oven glove.... My palm and inner fingers blistered and eventually all the skin peeled away.... so yeah, I know how that feels!

Get well soon :)

That is EXACTLY what I did! Took it out with the teatowel on, turned around then when I turned back to take the tart out of the pan I just grabbed it with my left hand! :duh: So I started yelping, ran off to the sink to dunk it under the tap, the OH comes running over to see what's up and does the exact same thing trying to move it outta the way :rolleyes: So its been freezer food for a few days :( Unfortunately I've only got about 2 boxes left :sigh:

Might make an easy soup tonight if I can manage to chop veg up one-handed :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the get wells everyone :) ('Liking' them cos I cant click Thanks anymore :D )

Erm, your poor hand, hope it all heals up well. I gave you some rep to cheer you up x

That is EXACTLY what I did! Took it out with the teatowel on, turned around then when I turned back to take the tart out of the pan I just grabbed it with my left hand! :duh: So I started yelping, ran off to the sink to dunk it under the tap, the OH comes running over to see what's up and does the exact same thing trying to move it outta the way :rolleyes: So its been freezer food for a few days :( Unfortunately I've only got about 2 boxes left :sigh:

Might make an easy soup tonight if I can manage to chop veg up one-handed :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the get wells everyone :) ('Liking' them cos I cant click Thanks anymore :D )

Sorry you hurt yourself but glad I'm not the only foolish person around here :)

To stop it happening again I bought one of those pan handle cozy things (like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Le-Creuset-...IO89/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333386018&sr=8-1) I pop it on when I take my pan out of the oven and it stays on 'til the bugger cools down!

Ouch! Hope it heals soon hun :)

Back