Erm's Photo Diary

Erm, Yorkshire, ohh, I just love it. We almost settled there when we got married but workwise was ok for me but no for hubs so it didnt happen. I just love it, the people, the scenery, the foooooooood. So are you moving there or just holidaying?

Oh no, Id LOVE to live there! Its my ideal place to live really, but no jobs for the OH up there :( Yeah we were on holiday, we go on holiday there a lot :) Im not from there originally (Im from south of the Humber) but I spent a lot of time there growing up and Yorkshire always felt like home to me.

Currently looking at houses in Manchester though, WRONG side o' Pennines :( Soooooooo depressed at the raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn :cry: The people are lovely though. They just need a nice big hole through the Pennines to give a good commute between York and Manchester :rolleyes:

yep, second home for us too. We watch that Dales programme and know pretty much everywhere he goes, pretty well.

ermintrude said:
Oh no, Id LOVE to live there! Its my ideal place to live really, but no jobs for the OH up there :( Yeah we were on holiday, we go on holiday there a lot :) Im not from there originally (Im from south of the Humber) but I spent a lot of time there growing up and Yorkshire always felt like home to me.

Currently looking at houses in Manchester though, WRONG side o' Pennines :( Soooooooo depressed at the raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn :cry: The people are lovely though. They just need a nice big hole through the Pennines to give a good commute between York and Manchester :rolleyes:

Manchesters definitely wrong side of pennines ;-) I always love it when someone says they love Yorkshire, makes me feel proud to be a flat capper!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Good to see you back posting foodie pics again Erm! I've missed stalking/reading your threads.

And another vote for Yorkshire from me :) My fave place in the whole wide world. Perhaps we need a Yorkshire Appreciation Thread!!!

No idea if I uploaded it right and not wanting to thread hijack on your diary, Erm. This is Marsett, near lovely lake Semerwater in the lovely Yorkshire Dales.

Attachments

• all robs inc ebay 523.jpg
    all robs inc ebay 523.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 113
ermintrude said:
Ooh what a fab idea! 'Virtual' dinner parties! :D But with REAL food for the cook! :8855: Yay we should definitely do a thread like that, maybe in the Recipes room? :) Pick a country for the month or whatever and we can all post piccies of what we've made! Then the rest of us can drool in hunger (or maybe retch, depending what the rest of us post... :rolleyes: :8855: )

Good plan Stan, I will start something up in the ole recipe room - look out for it and please add your recipes... Hmmm what country to start with? Something simples to begin with I think...

Charleybarley said:
Ah thats a shame - i have never been to Yorkshire but i hear its beautiful and i lobe their puddings!!

So how about instead of you going there maybe we could bring their food to us and create an around the world foodie thread! My friends and I often have dinner parties where we pick a country and we create three courses around that country's cuisine, we could perhaps try that. Viva La Food! X

Love this idea! We do 'country Friday' at home but as Son is so picky we end up rotating curry/chow mein/fajitas/American oven baked chicken jacket pots! Not very experimental!

Manchesters definitely wrong side of pennines ;-) I always love it when someone says they love Yorkshire, makes me feel proud to be a flat capper!!

Woo what bit of Yorkshire you from/in sarahlou?

Good to see you back posting foodie pics again Erm! I've missed stalking/reading your threads.

And another vote for Yorkshire from me :) My fave place in the whole wide world. Perhaps we need a Yorkshire Appreciation Thread!!!

Yeah we can be the YAPPers Society! :8855:

what did you miss Erm ?? urm well not much really but we missed all your lovely food piccies and you of course :D :bighug: and 'my scales are finally moving' :bliss: so one happy Jackie :bliss: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Woooo go Jackie!

EDIT: That went off before it was meant to, it was supposed to go with a banana dance something like this:

Woooo go you Jackie! :banana dancer:

Or :wee: Or something.

I have not gotten the hang of this new-fangled thang-lery board yet :sigh:

Right, din-dins.

Tuesday 24th April Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Leek & potato soup leftovers 6 syns for oil & walnuts
Tea: Jules's broccoli & blue cheese soup 2 HEXB for Stilton
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, tomatoes, WW strawberry tart, mixed berries in Total 2% with honey 2 syns for honey & yoghurt, 3 mini Babybel light 1 HEXA

Cheesy day :rolleyes:

This was nom :drool: I left most of it unwhizzed as I like it chunky underneath. It tasted like I put half a fridge of cheese in :whistle:

6966521164_3bc1bcdfa2_o.jpg

Jules's recipe, which off the top of my head was:
Fry 4 finely chopped shallots, chuck in a large potato (diced) and simmer til tender in 1.5litres stock. Add florets of 1 broccoli and simmer for 10min until tender. Whizz however you like it. Then I added 100g grated Stilton, plenty seasoning and served with another 20g grated Stilton each on top (which sank instantly so you cant actually see it in the pic :rolleyes: ) (served 3). VERY cheesey :drool:

Cor bloody blimey, that soup looks good - I am not a soupy soul but if there is a sniff of stilton involved, I'm in.

:D I used to detest soup with a passion, just watery nonsense for me. But I eat it 2 or 3 times a week now, not usually as watery as that one though, I usually make them almost like a casserole and just eat them in a really big (plate sized) semi-deep bowl. Chuck loooaaads of flavouring in. It was that Denis Cotter that got me into it, he's my veggie dish God! :worthy:

This recipe I got from julesm though at goodgobble. Its deeeelish, although I think it'd go best as a really rich starter for a French meal or something :) In fact it should go on ze list for the Round The World list! (ou sur la liste... :rolleyes: )

Oh I forgot! I lost 4lb since my last WI! (which is admittedly 3 weeks ago :whistle: ) but in the 3 weeks I was scarpering about on Full Englishes, bread & butter, cheese, cake, (cheesecake even :rolleyes: ) and all that gubbins... I was at STS when I got back Sat, and 4lb down as of this morning! So just 1lb to go rto my next stone award wooooooo!! :woohoo:

Oh I forgot! I lost 4lb since my last WI! (which is admittedly 3 weeks ago :whistle: ) but in the 3 weeks I was scarpering about on Full Englishes, bread & butter, cheese, cake, (cheesecake even :rolleyes: ) and all that gubbins... I was at STS when I got back Sat, and 4lb down as of this morning! So just 1lb to go rto my next stone award wooooooo!! :woohoo:

GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY - thats fanbloodytastic. You're so my inspo!

ermintrude said:
Woo what bit of Yorkshire you from/in sarahlou?

Not from the scenic part, unfortunately. Am from/live in good old Pontefract :) so not as pretty as the dales but not too far away for a visit.

:D I used to detest soup with a passion, just watery nonsense for me. But I eat it 2 or 3 times a week now, not usually as watery as that one though, I usually make them almost like a casserole and just eat them in a really big (plate sized) semi-deep bowl. Chuck loooaaads of flavouring in. It was that Denis Cotter that got me into it, he's my veggie dish God! :worthy:

This recipe I got from julesm though at goodgobble. Its deeeelish, although I think it'd go best as a really rich starter for a French meal or something :) In fact it should go on ze list for the Round The World list! (ou sur la liste... :rolleyes: )

Well clearly the soupage works for you - I have seen all the wonderful looking soups you make - you know I was talking about you this morning to someone on here, you have so many pulses and things in your diet - I think that's the key to it all really - a high fibre, low gi type diet. Our bodies love that stuff and the beauty of it is that its is a very cheap resource. I love my meat but how expensive is it? Whereas you can get a massive package of lentils and beans for pence and a little goes a long way (although your lentil shep pie did not go very far, using your measures made me 3 portions! It was delish!) I think I may go for a greeny week and go pulse-tastic and see what happens (a lot of farting usually when pulses come my way!) sadly for my boyfriend he doesn't do that kind of food - so he can please himself with his ready made crappy lasagnes from tesco (bleeurgh).

Back