Erm's Photo Diary

Sunday 29th April Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA 1 HEXB & 1.5 syns
Lunch: Salad 2.5 syns for dressing
Tea: Feta-stuffed chicken in Parma ham 1 HEXA for cheese, 1.5 syns for Parma ham
Snacks: Bovril, snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Quorn slices, coffee syrup 1 syn, Alpen light cherry bakewell 1 HEXB

Not happy as the scales have gone up 4lb overnight :( Hopefully TOTM related :(

7128265533_4e11180fe4_o.jpg

Oh, and bladdy hell, what is it with these Cherry Bakewell blobs? Theyre crappe, whats all the fuss about? I was all excited cos I like the chocolate orange ones and I lurrrrrrve bakewell tart and cherries so I was expecting great things (it even took me five FIVE attempts to get them outta frickin Tesco :( ) And theyre crappe! Taste of nothing. Nothing! Rubbish! :(

Welcome back erm. 4lb loss, wow!!! :)

Your leek and pesto soup is making me hungry.

Mmm the leek & potato was a bit boring actually. Didnt really taste of owt, but the I suppose leeks and potatoes dont really :rolleyes: The pesto was a waste of syns too. Id do the pesto again but use looaaaads of basil instead of watercress (I mean, WATERCRESS???), less nuts and more cheeeeeeeeeeeeese... Thats what it needed, basil and cheeeeeeeeeeeese :drool: Still, it could deffo be *made into* a nice pesto, so Im glad I made it :)

Erm, I'm looking through Denis Cotter... Page 173 Socca crepe of roast squash, caramelised red onion, kale & pine nuts with tomato coriander salsa & goats cheese cream. OMG gotta make that.

I may even attempt to overcome my aubergine aversion.... X

Not so sure about pg 177 :(

Erm, I'm looking through Denis Cotter... Page 173 Socca crepe of roast squash, caramelised red onion, kale & pine nuts with tomato coriander salsa & goats cheese cream. OMG gotta make that.

I may even attempt to overcome my aubergine aversion.... X

You have aubergine aversion too?!?! :eek: I used to have courgette and aubergine aversion, I have overcome the courgette-o-phobia! :D And Ive had aubergines 3 or 4 times now, I wouldn't say Im their greatest fan but if you cook em right you wouldnt know they were there :whistle: :8855:

Oooh p 173, that page fell right open in my hand when I went to look just now! That needs trying :drool: I did the farinata that he refers to in the preamble but that was the day I burnt me hand off so I had it cold about midnight :rolleyes: Was pretty fabalicious tho, so Id like to try again with it, er, warm :D

Not so sure about pg 177

Oooh I dunno, most of it could be omitted, I think the cream's a bit of a booga tho, Total just aint gonna cut it :sigh: Mm looks a bit too much faff for me that one. I dunno though, everything sounds like a faff the first time you read it, then you make it and realise you coulda said all that piffle in about 3 lines. :rolleyes: (Which is what I usually do - email the simple, bullet-point version to meself for all future reference :rolleyes: ) That's what I did tonight with his black bean chocolate & chilli soup, one of my faves outta the book, nom!

Try the soups/bowls pages, theyre dead healthy and pretty easy and tasty. :) I picked up the Cafe Paradiso book after getting this one, Ive only skimmed through it but I think Im gonna be disappointed, it all looks quite carby/oily and not actually a lot of veggies in there :( Ill have a better look at the w/e.

mmmmmmm scrummy food piccies :) I need you to come cook for me Erm :giggle: hope all is well lovely xxxxxxxxxx

Woooo look at your picture! :eek: Wow you look so different! :eek: What is happening in Jackie world? I keep meaning to pop over but I know it'll take me three weeks to read over the last 2 days :D Will pop in when Ive got a spare half hour, hope you're doing OK x :bighug:

Woooo look at your picture! :eek: Wow you look so different! :eek: What is happening in Jackie world? I keep meaning to pop over but I know it'll take me three weeks to read over the last 2 days :D Will pop in when Ive got a spare half hour, hope you're doing OK x :bighug:

:wavey: hello Erm :thankyou: I can't believe its me :giggle: I've lost 10 chins :giggle: I am doing fine lovely. I can nearly wear my size 18 jeans , notice nearly :giggle: I can get them on and do them up but would need to be able to breath :8855: so hoping to be in them for the end of May :D xxxxxxxxxx

Monday 30th April Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Salad 2.5 syns for dressing
Tea: Black bean chocolate & chilli soup 3 syns for chocolate
Snacks: snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Muller with cherry underlay 1.5 syns, 3 Babybel light 1 HEXB

6985202068_14fdb63d65_o.jpg

Well the scales are looking hopeful for tomorra, maybe we'll get a shiny :) Only a stone or so to go to my summer target! :fingerscrossed:

But my BOOBS! Why wont they just SOD OFF!!! :sigh: I was always pear shaped before, when I was young I was a flat chested fart with a whopping arse, a B at most. Obviously they got monstrous as I got massive too but they aren't getting any bladdy smaller :mad: My back inches are shrinking but my boobs resoluetly insist on persisting as a double D forevaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh... :mad: I got a lovely Next top in a 20 which would fit all of me if only I could get my bladdy boobs in it! Gah! :mad: I just want to chop the ******* off :sigh:

You know, I think I've got this thing mastered. I've been realising over the last few weeks I dont really follow "The Plan" any more. Ive just learnt how to eat. I dont plan around HEXes or syns or Red/Green/EE. I do still write it all down after I've had it, tot up how many syns/HEXes it came to and label it EE or Green or whatever, but I dont need to plan in advance what I can put in stuff, its just natural to not eat some stuff all the time or put loads of stuff in things. I dont think "Oh I cant have that Im on a Green day" or whatever, and I havent done in months now. If I really want it, Ill have it. If I want a bottle of wine or a curry Ill have it, if I want to use chocolate or coconut milk in my cooking or whatever I will. But generally Im just not that bothered, and a little bit is plenty. Im perfectly happy cooking tasty healthy stuff - end of. I dont even splash out on multiple bottles of wine most weekends any more. Sometimes yeah, but not every week. And I bloody love vegetables! :D

(Am I going slightly psycho? :hide: )

:8855:

You know, I think I've got this thing mastered. I've been realising over the last few weeks I dont really follow "The Plan" any more. Ive just learnt how to eat. I dont plan around HEXes or syns or Red/Green/EE. I do still write it all down after I've had it, tot up how many syns/HEXes it came to and label it EE or Green or whatever, but I dont need to plan in advance what I can put in stuff, its just natural to not eat some stuff all the time or put loads of stuff in things. I dont think "Oh I cant have that Im on a Green day" or whatever, and I havent done in months now. If I really want it, Ill have it. If I want a bottle of wine or a curry Ill have it, if I want to use chocolate or coconut milk in my cooking or whatever I will. But generally Im just not that bothered, and a little bit is plenty. Im perfectly happy cooking tasty healthy stuff - end of. I dont even splash out on multiple bottles of wine most weekends any more. Sometimes yeah, but not every week. And I bloody love vegetables! :D

I think you have hit it spot on Erm. You have it well and truly licked. Its not a diet to you anymore, its just the way you are eating now. I think as long as you keep this passion alive for food and trying new things, you will maintain this way of life and the scales clearly show how absolutely fooking amazingly well you have done - whatever you are doing, it is working. I have gone slightly "Erm" this week. I have just eaten your Egyptian Lentil Curry - my god it was so tasty and buttery, it felt so naughty. I figured it wouldn't be enough for lunch with just a pitta so I made a cheesy salad, but TBH I didn't really need it (of course I still ate it!). I also made a lovely BNS, Spinach and Chickpea Cuzza, its not one of yours but I was thinking of you when I made it (not in a pervy way(!) - more "ah Erm would approve" sort of way). I am also lentil shepherds pie-ing it at some stage this week and I have also bought some jalepenos to try your houmous!

Going back to what you were saying I think keeping a food diary defo helps you - it keeps the passion alive and it must be great knowing that others are benefitting from your knowledge and are finding inspiration from you.

I would love to feel the way you feel right now, I hope one day I manage to shrug off this attitude / love/hate relationship I have towards food and turn it into a positive move like you have.

ps. I would kill for double d boobs, so put the knife down and embrace those puppies! x

Heh, thanks my lovelies :D I do still have to plan my meals for the week ahead just so I've got stuff in to cook with or Id end up having chicken & veg or beans on toast every day and crap sarnies for lunch :rolleyes: I dont think I could do it without having my menu to pick from, but I've just found so many yummy recipes and ways to cook stuff it really is just a new way of life now :) Im not bothered if I do/dont have too many/not enough syns/HEXes, Im not really 'following' SW at all, I just make my food *and then* add it up and decide what "plan" it most resembles. And if it doesn't resemble one then... ahhhh sod it :rolleyes: :8855:

Ah havent had that Egyptian lentil curry in a while, I dont do so many of those early recipes now, its all veggies and beans these days :D Its that bloody Denis Cotter, he has swooned me :eek:

Yeah I love doing the diary and taking the piccies, I mean theres no point whatsoever me taking a picture of stuff like chicken and veg or bean soup that I have every week :rolleyes: but its just turned into a sort of diary of my journey and my little cooking-project :) Cringeworthy to look back on some of the crappe that I ate at the very beginning when it was very much a D - I - E - T ! :eek: :D

Anyway, gonna tootle off to the poash shoap in SJW see if I can find some Patty Pan! Bit out of season tho, might have to use BNS.

Erm, I love you attitude towards food and plan. I see the plan as my opportunity to enjoy what I cook and eat and enjoy it.

You have done so brilliantly. Congratulations.

Well the scales are looking hopeful for tomorra, maybe we'll get a shiny :) Only a stone or so to go to my summer target! :fingerscrossed:

But my BOOBS! Why wont they just SOD OFF!!! :sigh: I was always pear shaped before, when I was young I was a flat chested fart with a whopping arse, a B at most. Obviously they got monstrous as I got massive too but they aren't getting any bladdy smaller :mad: My back inches are shrinking but my boobs resoluetly insist on persisting as a double D forevaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh... :mad: I got a lovely Next top in a 20 which would fit all of me if only I could get my bladdy boobs in it! Gah! :mad: I just want to chop the ******* off :sigh:

I too have the same problem. But they've always been huge. And when I lose weight they get smaller but are still massiff in comparison the the rest of me so I still end up in huge tops because I can't get them in anything else. I feel your pain.

ermin your thread is fantastic just read it all yes all from the beg lol brilliant meal ideas thank you:) xx

Tuesday 01st May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Black bean chocolate & chilli soup 3 syns for chocolate
Tea: Summer squash, borlotti bean & roasted pepper soup with basil chilli oil 1.5 HEXB for oil
Snacks: snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, pineapple, sweetfire beetroot

6988980718_efdfa97ca2_o.jpg

And for that I wiiiiiiiiiiin:

6988985908_ef2c6119d1_o.jpg

:woohoo:

Less than a stone to go to my summer goal! :bliss:

Back