Erm's Photo Diary

WAIT, did I read this right - aubergines????? Since when. That's a swear word to you isn't it? :p

Haha yep indeed it is! :D I used to detest aubergines & courgettes, it was always the texture :( But I think its cos Id only ever had them in appalling ready-meal/rubbish pub-lunch-stylee moussakas and stuff where they're just SLIME :9529: Yeah Ive had aubergine ooh, six, eight, ten meals now? I still dont think theyre remotely interesting or tastyin themselves, but if you actually cook them right (instead of presumably boiling them to death for six hours :rolleyes: ) I can handle them as superfree padding for chillies and stuff :D

I found them in asda yesterday so def still about - been making scotch eggs with them - super scrummy

Yeah I had to have Saino's Butchers choice 50% fat first time which were cr@ppe! And 2.5 syns EACH! :eek: Might as well have a real one for that! :faint2: So Im just going to stuff the other packet into the OH some day when theres only enough leftovers for me :giggle: I picked up the BGTY Cumberland ones I dont know if they're any better? At least they're only half a goddam syn *sheesh*

Cheers lovelies :) What has happened to all the WW sausages?!?! Went in the THIRD supermarket today for them, its a massivehugemegaenormous Sainsburys and they didn't have any either! Have they gone out of fashion? All been eaten? caught BSE? :confused:

I think all of the w/w sausages are in my local Morrisons, on offer - I was lulled into buying some last week 'cos they were reduced (I usually buy the Morrisons eat smart ones at 0.5 syn each) anyway I so wish I hadn't bothered with the w/w ones as they were rank, the most awful tasting sausages ever :yuk: I won't get them ever again and will stick to eat smart from now on.

Found them in my local Asda today on offer at two quid. An excuse for you to pop over to Yorkshire, we've got loads of them :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Ah that's a shame, yeah it wasn't really what I expected either but I thought it was really yum anyway! Oh well I am not known for my tastes matching other people's :D What's your cauliflower bhaji thing like, could we make a SW version?

Not sure what's in it but I think it's the spice combo that is key and I bet they wouldn't tell me if I asked! (Well spices and probably some Ghee but that is naughty :sigh: )

Monday 07th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1 HEXA 1 HEXB 3.5 syns
Lunch: See snacks
Tea: Cannelinni bean soup 1 HEXB for Parmesan
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Quorn slices, Babybel light 1 HEXA Muller wit cherry wotsittery 1.5 syns

7153459155_c3e726fd61_o.jpg

do you have the recipe for the bean soup please. looks divine. thanks in advance.

Nightmare day, didn't eat til teatime, just hideous.

Tuesday 08th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA
Lunch:
Tea: Kale soup
Snacks:

Hideous hideous day. This soup's always amazing though, perfect comfort food.

7163606144_aee952a923_o.jpg

So 2 lbs off this week. I suspect most of that's cos I didn't bladdy eat anything yesterday :cry:

do you have the recipe for the bean soup please. looks divine. thanks in advance.

Mm the bean soup is another DC one, I think I've posted this recipe already, hang on...

Nope cant find it. Im sure its there but Ill post it again:

Spicy beans & greens in tomato & basil soup

Ingredients:

For the base:
- 1 kg tomatoes, quartered
- 4 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- big bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1.2 litres veg stock

For the veg mix:
- 300g potatoes, diced
- About 175g greens (the recipe is for chard, but I've used spring greens, collard greens, cabbage or whatever's handy)
- 70g (dry weight) cannelinni beans, soaked & cooked (you could use tinned but the firmness of fresh is nicer)

To serve:
- 1 HEX of grated Parmesan per person

Method:

For the base:
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas6
- Put the tomatoes & chilli in the oven and roast in Fry Light for 20min until browning
- Meanwhile fry the onions & garlic for 5-10 min until softening
- Add the basil for 2 min
- Add the roast tomato mix and 500ml of the stock, bring to boil & simmer for 5 min
- When cool enough whizz to a puree (I usually only whizz about 1/3 to keep it lumpy and filling but not too watery)
- Put it back in the pan, add the rest of the stock, season, bring to boil and simmer for 10min

Meanwhile make the veg mix:
- Simmer potatoes for 10min or so until almost done. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the greens: Cut off any tough stalk and discard, then trim the leaf part from the remaining stalk. Roughly chop the leaf and slice the stalk thinly.
- Saute the greens in Fry Light for 5-10 min until tender
- Add the potatoes, beans and a ladle of the whizzed tomato base, bring to boil & simmer for 5 min until everything's tender and the stock is absorbed

- When ready to serve pour the base into the bowls, top with a pile of veg mix and sprinkle with Parmesan

7153459155_c3e726fd61_o.jpg

I do like this soup a lot, but the Kale soup is still my fave I think, such comfort food :drool: Oh I have so many faves!

I've just realised my BMI is now officially in the Obese category instead of the Morbidly Obese category! :)

Congratulations on your incredible loss, and well done on the ole BMI too - its such a great achievement!

Have you tried the Be Good To Yourself - Sainburys Sausages? Only .5 syn per sausage and they are (in my opinion only) the nicest ones I have found.

Congratulations on your incredible loss, and well done on the ole BMI too - its such a great achievement!

Have you tried the Be Good To Yourself - Sainburys Sausages? Only .5 syn per sausage and they are (in my opinion only) the nicest ones I have found.

Ah Ive just bought those ones! :) Im gonna try them tomorrow, ah thank god theyre good ones, those last ones were dire! Especially for 2.5 syns EACH! :faint2:

Love this diary :) Your food looks really yummy, inspiring me to get cooking again (other than the aubergines which I'm allergic to :p) congrats on your amazing weight loss :)

Oooh risotto cakes sound lush! I love risotto so will need to try these. Do you need to use a mix or could you make a risotto yourself then bake the cakes from that? :D

I made my own mix, then added cheese. As I do not any moulds, make them like blobs and put in oven. They were nice but somewhat too rich.

Wednesday 09th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Kale soup
Tea: Herby buttery mash thing with summer veg 0.5 HEXB for oil, 2 syns for butter
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, roasted kale 0.5 HEXB for oil, Babybel light 1 HEXA

7169869578_cb7c4d63a2_o.jpg

Ah Ive just bought those ones! :) Im gonna try them tomorrow, ah thank god theyre good ones, those last ones were dire! Especially for 2.5 syns EACH! :faint2:

Can't beat joes imo, esp the chilli and garlic although the mass ordering is a ass if you only want a couple of packs :/

Yeah I on;y eat sausages about once every coupla months so Joe's isn't an option sadly :( Having chilli dogs tonight with the BGTY ones, so hopefully they will be better than the last ones! :)

Back