Erm's Photo Diary

ermintrude said:
I've just realised my BMI is now officially in the Obese category instead of the Morbidly Obese category! :)

Yay! Well done!!!!xxx

Sunday 06th May extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 3.5 syns
Lunch: Risotto cakes with salad 1 HEXA for Parmesan,2 syns for dressing
Tea: Toad in the hole with lush gravy & veg 5.5 syns for Yorkshire pud, 5 syns for sausage (I swear these were half a syn each :confused: ) 2.5 syns for gravy
Snacks: Quorn slices, half a sausage 1 syn, Mini milk 1.5 syns

Hole and gravy was lush, toad less so :( I ordered WW sausages from tesco but they dint turn up, so the OH went off to Sainsburys who didnt have any either! Where are all the sossys? Anyway, he picked these up, but theyre crap, and 2.5 syns each! Boo! :(

7149907579_5855af6851_o.jpg

7149907691_ec41b0112b_o.jpg
Hi what batter mix did you use? or did you make your own? I want to make TITH and have been doing a search and all I can find is smart price asda batter mix at 12 syns but I threads are a little outdated and I don't have a Asda :(

Hi what batter mix did you use? or did you make your own? I want to make TITH and have been doing a search and all I can find is smart price asda batter mix at 12 syns but I threads are a little outdated and I don't have a Asda :(

I made it myself, from a recipe I found on here. Cant find the original link now, but here is the recipe:

Toad in the Hole (makes 4 mini toads)

Ingredients:
- 56g plain flour (10 syns but serves 4 individual toads)
- 1 egg
- 50ml skimmed milk (syns/HEX)
- 35ml water
- salt & pepper
- sausages if you're making toad in the hole

Method:
- If your making toad in the hole brown your sausages all over in a frying pan and set aside
- Line your Yorkshire tray with foil and spray with fry Light
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the middle, break the egg into it and add salt & pepper
- Using an electric hand whisk set to slow, whisk the egg into the flour. The flour round the edges will slowly be incorporated
- When it is mixed, add the milk & water gradually until you have a smooth batter
- Set aside until ready to use

When ready to cook, heat the oven to 200C
- put the tray in a few mins before you want to use it to heat it to a very high temp
- Pour the mix equally into the four pud holes, add the sausage if youre using it, and bake at 200C for 20 min or until done

(I burnt my sausages as you can see cos I cooked them fully first on someone else's advice :( They dont need it if you're cooking the pud for 20min, just brown them off first.)

7149907579_5855af6851_o.jpg

My Wise Owl errrr.... In the recipes, I think in my Wise Meals or similar (sorry Wisey, I'm on my phone so can't check) there is a good Yorkshire pud recipe that is syned :) HTH's !!!

Thursday 10th May Red

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA
Lunch: None
Tea: Chilli dogs with celeriac fries & salad 1 syn for sausages, 2 HEXB for WW petit pain, 3.5 syns for sugar, chilli sauce & oil
Snacks: Bowl of veg, roasted kale

Another black day. Dont want to eat, dont know if its ridiculous to be forcing myself to :cry:

7175662450_ecd7ffa60f_o.jpg

What's wrong Erm? Why you feeling unhappy?

What did you think of the BGTY sausages? The chilli dogs look really tasty! Could you share you chilli sauce recipe please?

Oh Erm...:bighug:

Ohhh life's just a bit terrifying at the minute, all avenues seem closed. The cooking project is the only thing that keeps me going at the mo. (I only do my happy shiny side in public :rolleyes: ) I was being assessed for some therapy but they've decided they can't help me because Im "not ready" to be helped yet and I would find it "overwhelming" :cry: WTF??? :confused: So to be helped you have to be OK already right? :cry: Anyway, I dont really do all this bit in public as I dont even know where to start so I shall sod off again to my happy face.

The chilli sauce was not that good really (mostly because I didn't have any sweet chilli sauce so just used the Encona which is DAMN HOT :rolleyes: ). So that overpowered the sausages so I couldnt tell you if they were any good tbh :sigh: All it was was onions fried until they start to caramelise a bit then add 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce and a couple of tablespoons tomato puree. I did google for sweet chilli sauce recipes and there are loads that you could make syn free but I just couldnt be arsed and it was getting late.

Erm, hang in there. We're right behind you wether it's your shiny happy face on or not :character00238:

And the sun is shining, for today :D

:bighug:

Cheers lovelies. Foodie times:

Friday 11th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA 1 syn for syrup
Lunch: Coleslaw thing 2 syns for dressing; boxof lime beetroot & box of pineapple
Tea: Spicy sweet potato pancakes with sunflower seed, pomegranate & Feta salad and herby yoghurt 1 HEXA for Feta, <1 HEXB for sunflower seeds, 10 syns for semolina, baking powder & flour
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Quorn slices

7182259172_0094b7354b_o.jpg

7182260350_1c20e984e3_o.jpg

Just looks like a salad in those pics but it wasnt, it was all on a thick spicy potato pancake:

7182259902_634fdf9ab4_o.jpg

Ohhh life's just a bit terrifying at the minute, all avenues seem closed. The cooking project is the only thing that keeps me going at the mo. (I only do my happy shiny side in public :rolleyes: ) I was being assessed for some therapy but they've decided they can't help me because Im "not ready" to be helped yet and I would find it "overwhelming" :cry: WTF??? :confused: So to be helped you have to be OK already right? :cry: Anyway, I dont really do all this bit in public as I dont even know where to start so I shall sod off again to my happy face.

Oh Erm, stories like this really make me angry - the system suck ARSE! I hate that you have to be OK to be helped to be OK again! What's that all about, this is where society fails people that sometimes need a little help in whatever it may be - GRRRR.

I totally understand about not wanting to discuss it, esp on a site for all to see - but if you need us, any of us we are here to air your laundry with you - I have loads of dirty laundry myself - sometimes its easier chatting to strangers dont you think?

Try and cheer up Cherub, I love the fact that you are not letting this sabotage all the fanfookingtastic work you have done in losing weight.

xxx

ermintrude said:

The chilli sauce was not that good really (mostly because I didn't have any sweet chilli sauce so just used the Encona which is DAMN HOT :rolleyes: ). So that overpowered the sausages so I couldnt tell you if they were any good tbh :sigh: All it was was onions fried until they start to caramelise a bit then add 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce and a couple of tablespoons tomato puree. I did google for sweet chilli sauce recipes and there are loads that you could make syn free but I just couldnt be arsed and it was getting late.

Erm hugs. More doors will open woyh time. Stay strong. I hope you are ok. Your food looks amazing as always. X

Saturday 12th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit1 HEXA
Lunch: Chard soup
Tea: Pumpkin, courgette & cashew roti with fennel & mango salsa <2 HEXBs for nuts & oil, 24 syns for flour & butter, 1 syn for mango chutney
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, roasted kale

Looks a bit of a disaster as I couldn't fathom the roti timing so it went too crispy to use to wrap the food in, also the curry went a bit mush as I like to prep it in advance and warm up to eat which it didnt take kindly to, but it was still yum and the roti was gorgeous :drool: Must practise on the roti

7194913060_609a0942a5_o.jpg

Sunday 13th May Red

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Cheese & jalapeno wrap 13 syns for cheese & wrap, box of lime beetroot
Tea: Feta stuffed chicken in prosciutto with veg 1 HEXA for cheese, 3 syns for prosciutto
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, Muller light

Good ol' chicken, me weekly staple:

7194911072_c2ee68cb97_o.jpg

ermintrude said:
Saturday 12th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit1 HEXA
Lunch: Chard soup
Tea: Pumpkin, courgette & cashew roti with fennel & mango salsa <2 HEXBs for nuts & oil, 24 syns for flour & butter, 1 syn for mango chutney
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, roasted kale

Looks a bit of a disaster as I couldn't fathom the roti timing so it went too crispy to use to wrap the food in, also the curry went a bit mush as I like to prep it in advance and warm up to eat which it didnt take kindly to, but it was still yum and the roti was gorgeous :drool: Must practise on the roti

Looks great :D

OOh hidden treasures under that salad. How'd you make the potato cake Erm? :)

Spicy sweet potato pancake

Makes 2 big pancakes or 4 small ones (mine are the big ones)

Ingredients:
- 100g sweet potato, peeled & grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (ground)
- 2 tsp coriander seeds (ground)
- 1 tsp baking powder (0.5 syns)
- 75g gram flour (12 syns)
- 40g semolina (7 syns)
- salt

Method:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with 125ml water, divide into whatever size you want them and cook in a non-stick frying pan for 5min until lightly browned, then flip and do the other side

7182259902_634fdf9ab4_o.jpg

From Denis Cotter, p. 45

Back