Erm's Photo Diary

Thanks lovely :) Ive not put it on here yet cos its not 'official' WI til tomorrow and I wont be here, so itll go onto next week's WI instead. Also Im slightly nonplussed about it cos Ive not been very well and losing 9lb in 2 weeks is WAY out of range for me :confused: I average about 1.5lb a week these days, so Im more worried its something 'other than' healthy eating IYKWIM? :sigh: And also I dont really 'deserve' it as I havent done anything different to normal?

But hey Im not moaning, whats gone is gone! Now Im off to see my mum for a couple of days, Im sure much vino shalt be dranketh, so it may all go back on by the time I get back :rolleyes:

Oops sorry if I spoilt the moment for you,
Yea I know the feeling of it slowing down I've lost 7 stone and it getting hard to shift the lb now ,
Have a fab time seeing your mum and enjoy all the vino xx

Oops sorry if I spoilt the moment for you,
Yea I know the feeling of it slowing down I've lost 7 stone and it getting hard to shift the lb now ,
Have a fab time seeing your mum and enjoy all the vino xx

Ah no you didnt spoil anything, I was just a bit perturbed by this gigantic weight loss apparently out of nowhere! Bit nerve-wracking so I was waiting to see if it stays like it :D Seven stone, wow well done! I never believed these numbers were possible a year ago! Cheers then, Ill have a vino to toast your 7 stone too! :D See you all in a few days :)

ermintrude said:
Ah no you didnt spoil anything, I was just a bit perturbed by this gigantic weight loss apparently out of nowhere! Bit nerve-wracking so I was waiting to see if it stays like it :D Seven stone, wow well done! I never believed these numbers were possible a year ago! Cheers then, Ill have a vino to toast your 7 stone too! :D See you all in a few days :)

Cheers Nic x

Hi Erm just have to congratulate you on your weight loss- excellent! :) like all meal ides as well, as a newbie to this site i will find this thread very useful!

Yeah my oven is a bit nuts, deffo agree with what V4L says though, spread the kale out or put it in 2 trays, uyou want it brown & crispy but not raw and not burnt, its rubbish if its still raw underneath :( Mine takes 10-12 min but my oven is a bit of a furnace, I do one bag in 2 batches.

Mmmm tell me more about nutritional yeast Vegan4life? (its so weird not having real names for people! :D ) I've stopped eating much Marmite so Im wondering if I should try this instead? Sounds yummy, what brands do you recommend? Ive had a bit of a google but most of the stuff Im reading is American. I dont go down the high street much, we dont have many health stores round here so online would be good, but I can make a special trip if its worth it.

Mmm pink Himalayan salt Ive seen a few people recommending that, I might have a wizzle about for that too, I use Maldon at the minute. I see a Big Shop coming on, anything else you can recoemmend before I go? :D

NY is nothing like marmite hon. It's non active yeast flakes. I can pop you some in a grip seal bag and send them to you to try if you want before you buy them? You can order from a decent health food shop but I get mine from here: (I should be on commission the amount of times I have given out this link :D)
Marigold Health Foods Engevita with added B12 125g Real Foods Bulk Wholesale Online Edinburgh, Scotland, UK this is the exact link. For some reason they are using the same stock photo as the one with B12 and zinc in is the blue tub. The pink salt I don't pay a fortune for I get it from B&M bargains!!! :D Do you have one?

I posted the recipes that you asked for on my thread. I love the bns, tahini and onion dish you did and the pumpkin soup one would you mind when you have time posting those please? Thank you! x

From one Nic to another pleased to meet you :D - though I'm a NiK :) :lilkiss: looked for a hand shake but there was none so you got a kiss instead :D

Here to follow! Your food looks amazing :) might inspire me to be more adventurous!

Hope you are enjoying the break (and vino) with your mum nic , wanted to ask when you are around... How do you make your crispy looking crutons ? And how many syns? ;)

NY is nothing like marmite hon. It's non active yeast flakes. I can pop you some in a grip seal bag and send them to you to try if you want before you buy them? You can order from a decent health food shop but I get mine from here: (I should be on commission the amount of times I have given out this link :D)
Marigold Health Foods Engevita with added B12 125g Real Foods Bulk Wholesale Online Edinburgh, Scotland, UK this is the exact link. For some reason they are using the same stock photo as the one with B12 and zinc in is the blue tub. The pink salt I don't pay a fortune for I get it from B&M bargains!!! :D Do you have one?

I posted the recipes that you asked for on my thread. I love the bns, tahini and onion dish you did and the pumpkin soup one would you mind when you have time posting those please? Thank you! x

Ah thanks for the link Nik :) It sounds tasty and I used to use Marmite for my B vits but Ive stopped using it much these days so thought I might give this a go as it sounds yum anyway :)

Righty, recipes, mm pumpkin soup, do you mean the one with the croutons? Im having that tonight handily enough! Here's the recipe:

Roast Pumpkin soup with chickpeas, leeks & spicy croutons

Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
- 1kg squash (eg butternut)
- 1 litre veg stock
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 a medium fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 leeks, finely sliced
- 125g (dry weight) chickpeas, soaked overnight & cooked (or you can just use canned if you want, 1 400g tin is fine)
- 100ml dry white wine
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- S&P

For the croutons:
- 1 slices bread per person, left out overnight to dry
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, ground
- 4 dried bird's eye chillies, ground
- 2 tbsp evo oil (or you can use Fry Light)

Method:
- Preheat oven to 190C/Gas 5
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds, place cut-side down on a Fry-Light
coated tray and spray outside with Fry Light too
- Add 200ml of stock to the tray, cover and roast for 30-40min until very tender

Meanwhile make the croutons:
- Whizz (or toast & crush) the spices to a fine powder
- Cut the bread into pieces and toss with the spices & seasoning (and oil if you're using). Roast for 10-12 min until crisp. Set aside. (You can roast them in fry Light if you want, I did last time and I think they were the nicest ones yet)

- Fry shallots & fennel for 2 min, stirring
- Add garlic, ginger, leeks & chickpeas for 5 min
- Add wine, cover and simmer on low for 15 min
- When squash is cooked, scoop the flesh out, mush it up a bit and add it to the soup. (I also throw in the skin in too as its yum and all added fibre! :) )
- Add the rest of the stock to the soup and simmer uncovered for 5 min
- Add lemon juice, season and serve with croutons on top

7400698448_dda03aed2f_o.jpg

Edited from Denis Cotter's book:
51rgmyFjVGL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Hurrah you iz back, did you have a nice time? Thanks for the recipe another from Dennis so I know it's a tummy filling stand alone fill yer boots recipe then ;) Off to make my Stroganoff. Laters! :D (spellcheck said I was to make my strongman Okkkaaaay so that's one bloke......do they do them down at Tesco's?! What aisle?!) ;)

all I can say is... WOW!!! I'm off to google Denis Cotter! x

He is God :worthy: As is Ottolenghi from what Ive done so far. Ive just got another one of his books so its loads of that one this week. Im trying Isa Chandra next :)

The roast squash & onion in tahini recipe is here btw for anyone who wanted it :)

ermintrude said:
He is God :worthy: As is Ottolenghi from what Ive done so far. Ive just got another one of his books so its loads of that one this week. Im trying Isa Chandra next :)

The roast squash & onion in tahini recipe is here btw for anyone who wanted it :)

Is it a vegan book Nik ?

Hope you are enjoying the break (and vino) with your mum nic , wanted to ask when you are around... How do you make your crispy looking crutons ? And how many syns? ;)

The croutons I leave a slice of bread per person out overnight (Usually turn it over when I wake up the next morning). Then I snip it into cubes with the scissors (or rip it up depending what read it is), toss it on whatever spices I fancy and stick it in the oven - either in a tbsp each of olive oil (1HEX) or just Fry Light for about 8-10min.

I used to always do it in oil but wasn't sure it was worth 2 HEXes so the last one I did in liberal sprayings of Fry Light and tbh I think I liked that one more than the oily ones. I think its more about what bread you use, choose something soft and doughy and moist, lovely!

ermintrude said:
The croutons I leave a slice of bread per person out overnight (Usually turn it over when I wake up the next morning). Then I snip it into cubes with the scissors (or rip it up depending what read it is), toss it on whatever spices I fancy and stick it in the oven - either in a tbsp each of olive oil (1HEX) or just Fry Light for about 8-10min.

I used to always do it in oil but wasn't sure it was worth 2 HEXes so the last one I did in liberal sprayings of Fry Light and tbh I think I liked that one more than the oily ones. I think its more about what bread you use, choose something soft and doughy and moist, lovely!

Fantastic thank you :)

ermintrude said:
Saturday 16th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Couscous BNS & walnut salad leftovers & coleslaw leftovers 0.5 HEXB for sesame seeds & walnuts, 0.5 syns for mustard
Tea: Another DC - Braised chard timbale of halloumi, roast tomato & Puy lentils with citrus fennel butter, served with samphire, spinach, asparagus and new potatoes 1.5 HEXB for halloumi, 7 syns for butter & oil
Snacks: Roasted kale

Another Denis Cotter one, ommm this was LUSH :drool:

Might not look all that special utside but all the secrets are inside! Layer of tomato, then a layer of the lentil mix, then a layer of halloumi, then sandwiched up with another layer of lentils and anther layer of tomato. (Actually this isn't chard at all as I couldn't get hold of any and Ive been waiting to try this for a-a-ages, so I just used some spring greens, Im sure Denis would have me guts fer garters :rolleyes: )

The samphire was a last minute thing, Id seen some in the poash shop in SJW ages ago but its just sooo expensive there :( So I was just intending to do asparagus & new potatoes, then I spotted this beaut in Waitrose t'other day - pre-prepared box of spinach & samphire in lemon butter! Well I was making a citrus butter for this beauty anyway so the ideal time to test samphire! And very nice it was too, I wasnt sure Id like it but it was lovely! Quite a unique taste :)

This is very healthy if you skip the butter sauce btw, but I dont mind spending 6 syns on it :)

All layered up & parcelled:

Only had two rings so I stuffed the other 2 in some large ramekins:

Omg...... These look fantastic.... Can you explain the recipe please :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back