Erm's Photo Diary

Saturday 30th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Half a fish gfinger. 2 or 3 chips & a coffee
Tea: Indoor BBQ - pick n mix from: roast pepper rolls stuffed with kale & pine nuts; Sweet potato & tofu kebabs with coconut satay; Spicy BNS; sweetcorn in basil & peppercorn butter; Halloumi kebabs; Cheesy chilli polenta; Sweet & hot pepper chutney
Snacks:

Not counting anything today, just trying to keep it together. Some of these marinades were HEAVY on oil! :eek: But hardly been eating this week really so shouldn't matter. :sigh:

Aaaaanyway, fabby inddor barbie from Mr DC! :

7478629316_6c8da357f2_o.jpg

This one was the highlight of the show :D Sweet potato & tofu kebab in a ginger/soy marinade. The tofu was FAB! :drool: The marinade for the potato was REALLY oily and it soaked most of it up, I dont think id bother marinating them next time as the potatoes & shallots would be fine just plain with the tasty tofu.

7478621148_e08d67c083_o.jpg

Then a halloumi kebab:

7478628098_e58e03f86d_o.jpg

Again the marinade was all oil and I dont think it was necessary, halloumi is delish on its own, doesnt need added stuff :drool:

These were peppers stuffed with kale, pine nuts & Parmesan. OK I burnt the life out of them :rolleyes: but let's say we wont be bothering again... :whistle:

7478625494_52953d0682_o.jpg

This was a spicy squash mix, nom nom!!!! Deffo doing this mix again! Didnt put any oil in it so all superfree :)

7478630758_db913f7543_o.jpg

And here's another one I burnt somewhat :rolleyes: Parmesan & chilli polenta, lush! :drool: Bit like a spicy, cheesy hash brown

7478626814_70304236a5_o.jpg

Hmm, not found one I didnt burn yet :hmm: This went with a basil butter mix I made, but not worth the syns really if I had been counting them

7478625348_4bb06e70c0_o.jpg

And then just a couple of sauces, sweet hot pepper chutney:

7478623910_c921c41e4d_o.jpg

And coconut satay:

7478622758_ac1b5e26dd_o.jpg

The satay was tasty but heavy on the syns, the spicy one was almost free but nothing spesh IMO.

Most of these could be made pretty much syn free though and Ill deffo do the tofu kebabs, squash mix & polenta wedges again.

Soooo back on plan I guess :whistle:

Friday 29th June Green

Lunch: None
Tea: Isa Chandra's Butternut Rancheros
Snacks: None

7478758300_d81d60dd12_o.jpg
oohhhhh yum. they in afr?

Indoor BBQ looks delicious!! I really wish it was in my living room right now! xx

Saturday 30th June Green

Tea: Indoor BBQ - pick n mix from: roast pepper rolls stuffed with kale & pine nuts; Sweet potato & tofu kebabs with coconut satay; Spicy BNS; sweetcorn in basil & peppercorn butter; Halloumi kebabs; Cheesy chilli polenta; Sweet & hot pepper chutney
Snacks:

Not counting anything today, just trying to keep it together. Some of these marinades were HEAVY on oil! :eek: But hardly been eating this week really so shouldn't matter. :sigh:

7478629316_6c8da357f2_o.jpg

This one was the highlight of the show :D Sweet potato & tofu kebab in a ginger/soy marinade. The tofu was FAB! :drool: The marinade for the potato was REALLY oily and it soaked most of it up, I dont think id bother marinating them next time as the potatoes & shallots would be fine just plain with the tasty tofu.

7478621148_e08d67c083_o.jpg

Then a halloumi kebab:

7478628098_e58e03f86d_o.jpg

Again the marinade was all oil and I dont think it was necessary, halloumi is delish on its own, doesnt need added stuff :drool:

These were peppers stuffed with kale, pine nuts & Parmesan. OK I burnt the life out of them :rolleyes: but let's say we wont be bothering again... :whistle:

7478625494_52953d0682_o.jpg

This was a spicy squash mix, nom nom!!!! Deffo doing this mix again! Didnt put any oil in it so all superfree :)

And here's another one I burnt somewhat :rolleyes: Parmesan & chilli polenta, lush! :drool: Bit like a spicy, cheesy hash brown

7478626814_70304236a5_o.jpg

Hmm, not found one I didnt burn yet :hmm: This went with a basil butter mix I made, but not worth the syns really if I had been counting them

7478625348_4bb06e70c0_o.jpg

7478623910_c921c41e4d_o.jpg

And coconut satay:

7478622758_ac1b5e26dd_o.jpg

The satay was tasty but heavy on the syns, the spicy one was almost free but nothing spesh IMO.

Most of these could be made pretty much syn free though and Ill deffo do the tofu kebabs, squash mix & polenta wedges again.

All looks amazing :) you got on ok with the tofu then?

YAAAAAAAY So happy that the tofu worked for you!!!!! I was on pins about it thinking well I advised her and if it doesn't work aaaaaargh! I posted again about it yesterday in reply to you about some other ways to try it so when you are next over my way have a read hon! xox

oohhhhh yum. they in afr?

No I got this one off the site that Nik gave me: Butternut Rancheros

I omitted the oil, used soaked & cooked dried black beans instead of tinned and I upped the spices a bit. Nice, easy, tasty to make recipe :)

YAAAAAAAY So happy that the tofu worked for you!!!!! I was on pins about it thinking well I advised her and if it doesn't work aaaaaargh! I posted again about it yesterday in reply to you about some other ways to try it so when you are next over my way have a read hon! xox

Yay it was NOM! :drool: deffo the highlight of the menu. :) Tasted like a salty soft cheese, like the consistency of Babybel light but the salty soy taste, almost like Marmite cheese! :D Gotta go find more tofu recipes now! Thanks for all the help! :)

ermintrude said:
Saturday 30th June Green

Snacks:

Then a halloumi kebab:

And coconut satay:

I love hallumi kebabs!!!!!!! Your diary is always so appealing.

That BBQ food looks amazing *drools* x

Nik, have you got the recipe for the squash thingy? ( on phone so can't scroll up x)

Nik, have you got the recipe for the squash thingy? ( on phone so can't scroll up x)

You mean the spicy roast chunks jobbie? You could use any spices really, and no need to whizz up whole ones if you havent got any, ground will do fine. Here we go:

Spicy squash

Serves 2 as a side

Ingredients:
- 3 dried bird's eye chillies
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 BNS, about 1kg, cut into 1.5cm cubes

Method:
- Whizz or grind the spices. Mix in the salt
- Put the BNS in a bowl and sprinkle the spice mix over gradually, tossing the BNS before adding more, to coat evenly
- Roast in fry Light, covered, for about 40min+ or until tender, taking the foil off for the last 10min to crisp up

Hey Erm (Nic)

Long time no speak to you - 10 stone is just incredible, 'well done' isnt quite a good enough thing to say as we all know how difficult and hard losing weight can be, you have worked so hard at being good and staying on track - and you are, as many have said before me - truly inspirational.

I wanna be like Erm!

xxx

Cheers lovelies! :)

Sunday 01st July Green

Lunch: Leftover kebabs, lots of syns :whistle:
Tea: Honey-roasted butternut with green curry & avocado-lime salsa 3.5 syns for avocado & honey, 0.5 HEXA for coconut milk
Snacks: Quorn slices, tomatoes, leftover spicy squash

7489228476_5ef33f5d95_o.jpg

You mean the spicy roast chunks jobbie? You could use any spices really, and no need to whizz up whole ones if you havent got any, ground will do fine. Here we go:

Spicy squash

Serves 2 as a side

Ingredients:
- 3 dried bird's eye chillies
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 BNS, about 1kg, cut into 1.5cm cubes

Method:
- Whizz or grind the spices. Mix in the salt
- Put the BNS in a bowl and sprinkle the spice mix over gradually, tossing the BNS before adding more, to coat evenly
- Roast in fry Light, covered, for about 40min+ or until tender, taking the foil off for the last 10min to crisp up

made this last night. was so yummy. will deffo make it again. thanks as always.

Monday 02nd July Green

Breakfast: Coffee & beetroot 1 HEXA
Lunch: Just grazing all day really, tomatoes, quorn slices, kale, salad 1 syn for mustard
Tea: Broccoli salad with cheesy polenta wedges 1 HEXB for Parmesan, 1 syn for sesame oil. EDIT: Oh and 20 syn for for polenta! Keep forgetting to syn it, not that it matters as Im eating the booga anyway :rolleyes: Ya never used to have to syn it eh :whistle:
Snacks: None

7493859208_7827e9b496_o.jpg

Last edited:
Disappointed to see two friends banned this morning :( Dont know if I missed something in particular last night but all I noticed previously were strong opinions restricted to their own personal diaries. Nobody is forced to read other people's diaries, and we're all entitled to opinion, are we not?

(If you want to reply I'd appreciate it if you PM it to me rather than posting on my diary, so as not to distress those of weak demeanour :rolleyes: )

Back