errrr ketosis day one???

vampalicious

Silver Member
hiya, i started Cd today SS,
i had a banand shake this morning at about 9.30am, i had a choc mint at 5pm and have had 1.25 litres of water so far,
well ive got some ketostix as my daughter is diabetic so i thought id test and its on the first pink, what does this mean? surley i cant be in ketotis already??
pics lol.....( try and imagine that i didnt actually pee on the stick!!! :giggle:)
SDC12696.jpg

It means you are in mild ketosis. My CDC said we should be aiming for the dusky pink colour (2 shades darker than yours) but no darker as that's a sign of dehydration! Good news!!

xxx

Hi,

Although I didn`t have any keto sticks until day 4, I think I went into ketosis very early as I only had very very mild hunger which really suprised me and disappeared when I had a shake.

Hi if you had hardly any carbs the day before it is possible. It takes me normally 2 days this time round 1. Dont let the stripe go much darker i would suggest i more shade. Ive accidentally let myself go dark and i get cramps in my legs but soon goes once had water.

Does anyone know if it matters if it is any darker - as long as it is pink? Mine mostly stays around the first shade.
Nelli

the darker it is the deeper in ketosis you are. If you are following SS and drinking enough water it should be a dusky pink colour - any darker and you need to drink more as it shows you're dehydrated. As long as it's pink that's the main thing xx

Thanks Wannabeslim - I was really concerned at the start because I didn't think it was pink enough, but it hasn't seemed to matter.
Nelli

i was always told that the first two shades were the best and any darker then you are dehydrated. i think as long as its pink then you're in ketosis. i usually stay in the lightest shade and ive never had any problems. in fact im a fast loser.

thats good then as it went light pink today, so not as dark as yesterday and i was starting to worry lol

mmm, i think everyone may be different. its just what ive always been told by my CDC's. im not sure of the science behind it so i cant really comment. but as long as you feel ok and are drinking enough water you should be just fine. x

I hit ketosis on day one too - when I did LT it took 4 days - strange isnt it - but whooooo hoooooo

Back