Essential beauty products - What are your bathroom must haves?

Olay cleanser and toner for me, I got a little mini sample one in a beauty advent calender last Christmas and haven't stopped buying it since. It smells beautiful and isn't harsh on my skin at all. My face feels super clean after using it too! xx

Oooh I've heard of nail polish advent calendars but not beauty ones. Was it homemade or bought somewhere? :) x

Oooh I've heard of nail polish advent calendars but not beauty ones. Was it homemade or bought somewhere? :) x

I was bought it as a birthday present as mine is at the beginning of December, it was from Boots. It's a 24 day one and you get little mini's and sometimes full sized products from different brands. Apparently they sell out quite quickly though so you have to be quick! xx

YSL Touche Eclat!

I was bought it as a birthday present as mine is at the beginning of December, it was from Boots. It's a 24 day one and you get little mini's and sometimes full sized products from different brands. Apparently they sell out quite quickly though so you have to be quick! xx

Will keep an eye out in Boots come November - thank you!

So glad i found this thread - i am a total beauty product junkie!!! here are my holy grail products....

braggs apple cider vinegar - i use it as a hair rinse and also a facial toner - my skin is sooooo much better since i started using this!

cetaphil moisturising cream - i use this on my face, hands and body every night - super soft skin!

kiss me heroine japanese mascara - the only mascara that makes my invisible lashes look bold and noticable - its really hard to get off though even with a remover that does waterproof makeup.

bourjois cc cream - really evens out skin tone and gives good coverage without looking like a mask.

tigi after party hair cream - makes your hair really smooth, smells lovely and controls the frizz

ghd hair straighteners - to control my fringe which has recently become super curly and has a mind of its own - i hate it!

Another one of mine is a new find, it's Superdrug own brand body lotion. I've become obsessed with all things coconut recently so I bought the Coconut & Sweet Lime body lotion for £1 and it's amazing! My skin is so soft and it lasts for ages, plus it smells delish x

Hello all, quick question - can anyone recommend a good (not too expensive) moisturiser for oily/combination skin. I'm currently using Olay 7 Effects, but i dont think it's working for me as my skin seems to be more oily than normal.
My skin can sometimes be quite sensitive so nothing that is too perfumed or thick.
Thanks in advance
x

Hello all, quick question - can anyone recommend a good (not too expensive) moisturiser for oily/combination skin. I'm currently using Olay 7 Effects, but i dont think it's working for me as my skin seems to be more oily than normal.
My skin can sometimes be quite sensitive so nothing that is too perfumed or thick.
Thanks in advance
x

My advice is to buy some coconut oil ( virgin) and use that... It doubles as a make up remover too... Your skin will thank you in years to come! Sainsburys do a jar ( in the cooking oil section) it is about £6... Lasts ages... If you have a kindle you can download a book on coconut oil benefits for free... It sounds odd, but it works and it is the only thing I use as a moisturiser/ cleanser... xx

from the dark side with love...xx

Can anyone recommend a good face powder for shiny/oily skin? I've been using the 'one heck of a blot' shine control powder by Soap and Glory which is good but it's a bit pricey to buy all the time as you don't get much in it anyway. I feel like I've tried everything there is :( xxx

Can anyone recommend a good face powder for shiny/oily skin? I've been using the 'one heck of a blot' shine control powder by Soap and Glory which is good but it's a bit pricey to buy all the time as you don't get much in it anyway. I feel like I've tried everything there is :( xxx

Ben Nye powder is good... You can buy it on ebay in trial sizes for about £3-£4 quid... xx

from the dark side with love...xx

The Collection 2000 compressed power is good, it's only about £3 and you get quite a big tub. I have sensitive skin and it's never made me break out x

The Collection 2000 compressed power is good, it's only about £3 and you get quite a big tub. I have sensitive skin and it's never made me break out x

My sister uses that one i think, i'll try hers before i buy one of my own haha x

My essential beauty products..

St moriz dark tanning mousse: (this is like 2.99 from a cheap store, wilkinsons etc) it is the best self tanner I've used and comes out a lush colour, you just have to make sure you moisturise after showering
Garnier summer body gradual tanner deep sun kissed look: this is a great gradual tan and keeps your skin really moisturised. Doesn't come out a funny colour like a lot of them and never streaks.
Palmers cocoa butter moisturiser: another great moisturiser which never makes my skin break out even if I use it on my face
Eucryl tooth powder: great whitening treatment for your teeth. I took a before she after picture and had soooo many people asking what i had used and they were shocked when I said it was only like 2 pound!
Also body shop make up is fantastic , I know it's more expensive than basic brands but it lasts for ages and is such good quality and if you just buy one product a month for example then you have a great make up kit that lasts for ages.
I have loads of great beauty things but can't think of them all now!
If anybody wants any tips just gimme a shout :) x

I like the sound of this Eucryl! I was thinking about going to a cosmetic dentist to get my teeth whitened but will definitely try this first. I don't smoke or drink red wine but do get through some coffee! Thanks for sharing x
Yeah try it Hun & let me know how you get on! Xx

Back