Essential shopping list

spinme307

Hello everyone,

I am joining sw tonight for the first ever time and have around 4 stone to lose.

But I need to do the food shopping today, so what do I need on my shopping list for a successful week on sw?

Mullerlight yoghurts !!!!!! Mug shots, Pasta pots. Vegetables, chicken,ham,tuna,pasta,rice and any mince less than 5% fat. Fruit.

Plan you meals for the week and then just buy what you need for them :)

There is a thread on here with SW staples but if you just go out and buy what everyone else says it will be really expensive. Much better to plan the week and just buy what you need. It also depends what plan you are doing, what you like eating and what your budget is like.

thanks so much, think I'll just stock up on fruit & veg etc and will pick up some more shopping tomorrow after Ive joined tonight.

fingers crossed I dont faint with disappointment when I see my starting weight!

I couldn't live without pasta and lean mince, seriously. Fruit and veggies too of course. xx

If you have one nearby get your fruit and veg from Aldi - we have started doing this I go Sunday/Thursday, on average we are saving around 30% a week on the more "mainstream" supermarkets.

Get in spices and vinegar and worcester sauce for your salads and oxo cubes - I am having one of these instead of a cuppa soup now.

Good luck on your journey :)

Thanks so much for your replies....just had pasta & sauce for lunch..yum!

If you have a bit of a sweet tooth then I recommend curly wurlys. They are current my favourite low syn treat. Only 6 syns a bar on all SW plans :)

yes I made it with water, it was sooo nice!

Eggs, quark cheese, ff yog,veg, mushrooms, turkey mince, fruit, mullers, lean lamb mince ( to make kebabs) and a bottle of wine lol. ohh im getting hungry now.

Back