Evening all!

Joshimitsu

Beer belly busting
Hey everyone,

Just dropping in to say hi! I basically used to be fat as a kid, then got my weight down when I was 17/18, went to uni and piled it on a bit. I was 25 last week so I figured it's time for some changes! My problem at the moment is that I live in London, work for a major record label and I'm always playing the "I'm too busy" card! London means I'm out of the house for long times and I'm often at gigs or travelling with work so it is hard to keep to a regime.

I've decided to do low carbing properly. I actually did it for 2 weeks a few months ago and the weight dropped off. I want to do it again and not give up and cut loads of this weight out! I figured it would be great to involve myself with a community for a bit of encouragement and banter, so hopefully I'll have a bit more commitment this time.

My biggest worries are that I drink quite a bit of alcohol - cutting that will be tough, I love a nice pint and going to gigs or out with the lads. Also the whole long hours and London thing - but I'm gonna give it my best shot! Big food delivery gets here tomorrow and its virtually carb free, so let's see how it goes!

Cheers
Josh x

Good luck Josh. I've heard that vodka is one of the better things you can drink, but I doubt it would cut it when you're desperate for a pint!

I'm sure if you just cut down a bit, added to your low carb diet, you'll still lose weight :D

Cheers! Yeah I've also heard vodka and sugarfree soda/pop could be the way forward to ensure I continue my alcohol addiction... going to try to cold turkey it for a while though ;)

Hi josh! Good luck with your journey,,, alcohol is an issue with me to!! You can say you'll have vodka and diet coke or just the one but the problem with that is drinking makes you naughty! You have one and think b**er it I'll have another and so on! Plus then when you've had a few the diet seems less important!! (and pizza or kebab on your way home seems like a better idea!!)And just think when you drink, the next day your just burning alcohol not fat so what's the point in eating well!!! Anyway so I'm going cold turkey (I'm starting LT next week) I think it's the only way for me (although I'm bloody gonna miss it!!!) fancy joining AA with me?! Lol

Haha thanks... Yeah AA might be the way forward if this doesn't work! Agree with you about the vodka thing actually. Would no doubt end up with me having 8 pints and a kebab! Also a difficult time to do it... I.E. when England are playing at a major football tournament! Maybe I need a new hobby lol

Lol yeh right is a pint of water whilst watching the footie games not quite gonna cut it?!! Very hard!! I'd say maybe leave it til it's over but then they'll be summin else! If your feeling motivated go for it.. Watch games at home NOT pub rid the house of beer and lock urself in! GL!

Back