Extra Easy Evening munchies!

law3a3m

Gold Member
Hey everyone!
I can go all day sticking to meals, eating my superfree, drinking my water and being a complete slimming world fiend.....BUT when evening comes I become a munchie monster! I have a filling tea, and within half hour I feel like I want to snack. I never use my syns during the day but I could easily blow all 15 on chocolate and other treats from 8pm onwards. Does anyone else have this munchie problem?!

I did have before I started slimming world. I had to do a few things to stop the Munchie monster in me winning. First I just stopped buying the rubbish and made sure I had loads of free food in the cupboards. I also buy a box of hi do bars every week. The rocky road ones are best so if I do need something I have one of those or a fat free muller. Greek yogurt. The last thing I did is I moved tea time for me to 7pm. Then I'm not hungrey before bed. Good luck and stick at it. You will find an alternative that will work well for you.

Your syns are there to be used. If you deny yourself you will feel deprived and are more likely to fall off the wagon and go on a big binge. The whole point of slimming world is that it's sustainable so that when you reach target you can continue to live life without putting all the weight back on as learning to use your 5-15 syns a day makes you aware of what you're eating and what you can have. I use all 15 syns on chocolate every day and have had losses every one of the 11 weeks I've been doing slimming world (have lost 1 stone 13lbs so far!). If you fancy something, be it chocolate/wine/cake don't deny yourself, just use your syns. They're an important part of the plan and are there to be used. Xx

This is a habit thing probably and for me it is linked to relaxing at the end of the day so have had to find ways not to go over my syns. Whilst you're training your appetite you could try a tub of quark or low fat fromage frais and add a sachet of options to it (2 syns). Then use it as a dip for chopped up fruit and it's only 2 syns in total but very filling. Or scan bran (5 as HexB) with choc Philly (needs to by synned of course). Alternatively pop 25g popcorn (4.5 syns and makes loads). I use frylight in a non stick pan, pop it, then season it with salt but if you like sweetener you could use that (I don't). Was thinking of using the BBQ frylight as a coating but haven't done it yet as have run out of popcorn. You could just use some caster sugar and syn it. They all give quite voluminous snacks for your syns whereas you don't get much chocolate, crisps or wine for your syns. It does get easier as your appetite settles and I now have an options in my hexa milk and a hifi light or mikados. I also take as much as I need from the pack rather than sitting with the packet in front of me. It's just finding the thing that hits the spot! Good luck.

PS haven't made it for a while, but at the beginning of my SW I made lots of syn free tzatziki (0%total yoghurt with cucumber, mint and garlic) and used chopped veg to dip such as carrots, celery and anything else you fancy. Syn free and lots of superfree. Just thinking of it is making me think I should make some!

My Munchie monster comes out after 8pm. I normally have around 8 syns left by then normally so I'll sometimes have a weetabix bar or curly wurly or if the syns and healthy extras allow, I'll have both!! Mini milks are a low syn treat too and feel naughtier than they are!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the munchies! Thanks for all the advice, hearing everyone's experiences gives me the willpower I need to stay on track. This is the first week I've eaten all my allocated syns so I'm curious what weigh in tomorrow will show xx

I'm exactly the same, I've even started eating my evening meal later but that doesn't work, once it hits 8pm I could eat everything in sight! I usually save my HEXB and have a hifi bar along with a bag of french fries, if that doesn't do the trick strawberries with a muller light usually sorts me out.

I'm the same every night. Feel so go during the day but on the night I feel so hungry. I save my syns for the night and have a curly wurly or a fudge and maybe some cereal is I have enough milk and syns left. Last night I only used 11 of my Syns though.

I like having an aero mousse with a chocolate digestive for 9.5 syncs if I really fancy chocolate, or you could get some little fun size chocolate bars? I saw they did little milky bars for 3.5 syns :)

Think this is such a common problem. My c was only saying the same the other week. I am exactly the same, fine all day, then after tea I'm thinking what can I have now. Like a lot of people have mentioned, I have 2 alpen lights (choc n fudge) with my milk allowance and a choc options. The galaxy hot choc drinks I believe are very nice too and the same syns for 10g of choc powder. I also like to have plenty of fruit and dive into strawberries with yoghurt on top and a big slice of melon as well. You are certainly not alone in having visits from the munching monster!!

One of the things that I hate is the fact I don't like yogurt. The flavours sound so nice and I can think of all sorts to do with them but I can't stomach the texture of them, too creamy. I tend to always use my HEX B for breakfast unless I'm not working when I'll have a cooked breakfast and save my HEX B but generally it is bran flakes or toast for me. Overall I love this 'diet' and find it so easy in terms of eating yummy meals (having chilli con carne tonight!) but little things like this frustrate me as its my own stupid taste buds not playing ball! X

One of the things that I hate is the fact I don't like yogurt. The flavours sound so nice and I can think of all sorts to do with them but I can't stomach the texture of them, too creamy. I tend to always use my HEX B for breakfast unless I'm not working when I'll have a cooked breakfast and save my HEX B but generally it is bran flakes or toast for me. Overall I love this 'diet' and find it so easy in terms of eating yummy meals (having chilli con carne tonight!) but little things like this frustrate me as its my own stupid taste buds not playing ball! X

Oh I assure you when it comes to fussiness I am the queen of it. I do like yoghurt, but not the quark/yoghurt/sweetener combo which most love to make like an artificial cream. I can still taste the sourness coming through. And I dont like salad, and only like limited veg and not mixed together, well only certain ones. So you see, you are relatively normal compared to me ha ha :)

Well I managed to consume around 33 syns today, most of those after 6pm!! I'm off work with a broken wrist and the boredom is getting to me..I am obsessing about food, not free food however -:(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its definitely hardest to stop the munchies when you're at home. I'm a teacher and I just kept eating all through the summer holidays. Glad to be getting back into my routine now.

Evenings are the worst bit for me too I have to say.

hollys nan said:
Aw never mind, sorry to hear youre off work, just try to cut down a bit tomorrow with lots of free and superfree food! :)

Thanks..going to try get out of house and go some walking tomoro after my visit to the fracture clinic! Will try limit my intake to free & superfree as you say, hopefully limit the damage!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back