Ever feel like dukan is taking over?!

xeilidhx

Gold Member
Thought I'd share a funny story with you guys since so many of us are on downers tonight!

So, a background. I used to be a binge eater, and crisps were my downfall. I'd think nothing of eating a whole family sized pack of crisps at football training.

Last week I was in asda with my lovely bf who was buying crisps. I was saying (moaning) about how much I wanted crisps and he said a few wouldn't make a difference, I'd be able to have one or two. I said I couldn't, I'd binge, it's not on the diet etc etc.

Anyway, the whole next day I felt awful. Guilty, felt I'd broken the diet and was so pissed off at myself. I moped about the whole day until I worked out what had caused it....the night before I'd dreamed, yes dreamed, about eating a massive bag of cheese balls. I hadn't eaten them, just dreamed it. Just goes to show our mind plays tricks but we get there eventually!

Chin up folks! X

Know what you mean about taking over, but think that's why it works its re-educating our brains lol Dukan brain washing......but your post made me remeber when I was stopping smoking, nightly I would dream I chain smoked, bit like your cheesy balls. As long as we keep dreaming no harm done x

Dreaming about Cheesy Balls and fags?! My my, what on earth happened to dreaming about young, nubile men?

We're getting old, girls!! ;)

P x

Pauline...sounds like your dreams are more exciting than mine lol x

I used to dream a lot about smoking too when I stopped. The emotion of being so cross with myself was so strong as I woke that it took me a while to convince myself it was a dream. Great deterrent though because if you feel that bad about a dream you know that you don't want to feel like that about real life.

Very true pud x

Oh I'd love to dream about eating chocolate cake, my dreams seem to be all about work

Getting old? Hope not I'm 23!! Haha! I know imagine how bad I'd feel! So tempted to buy them at times to just sook off the flavour but we know where that'd lead!

My friend used to lick the flavour off a pringle and her husband would eat it - now that's love!!!LOL

Trudy, that's so wrong lol

A friend years ago would chew what she wanted but spit it out......
And my confession, I use to suck the salt off nuts!

My friend used to lick the flavour off a pringle and her husband would eat it - now that's love!!!LOL
eeeeeeww!! not sure i would call that love LOL
It is strange what our minds are doing, I agree. They say that if you put your mind to it you will achieve it!!

Back