Everyone has a fat friend- I don't want to be yours... final chapter

How long has it taken you to lose 2.5stone? I don't feel like I'll ever get there!
I suppose I just need to get used to the idea that I'm in this for the long haul, this is the longest I've done SW in a long time as I have just given up after a few weeks, I won't give up this time- I'm going to have days/weeks when I struggle but I'm just going to have to keep going.
Thanks for listening to my moaning :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Because I often lack self-control :D it has taken me since the beginning of July! If I was always 100% on plan I could of lost about 4 - 5 stone lol. But, the way I see it is that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So, to make me feel less 'deprived' I have off-plan days, although there have been off-plan weeks lol. In the long run it does mean I can gradually adjust to the weight loss, as it is going to be so weird once I get to target, as the last time I was that weight was probably my early teens, so at least 15 years ago.

The struggles are part of the journey :) without them we can't learn from them, and develop our own strategies to deal with them. They help us to know that we can get back on it, and that eating off-plan occasionally isn't the end of the world. It has taken me a long time to realise that the odd gain is fine! It is getting back on plan that matters.

And you are allowed to moan on your diary :) We are all here for the same thing, and supporting each other is part of that :) I use my diary for the odd moan, sometimes it is easier on here and my real life friends don't always understand what it is like to be losing weight, and a lot of it!

You speak so much sense :)

I've just started sorting my wardrobe out and I've thrown loads of stuff in a black bag- I am always buying new clothes but I'm not going to get anything else until I lose a dress size- I often buy clothes on a weekly basis!
I'm really fed up with myself today so spent the day in pj's doing lots of crafting to keep my hands and mouth away from naughty food lol x

Only from experience :) This whole losing weight thing is a huge learning curve.

Buying new clothes is exciting! I am trying not to buy too many as I don't intend to stay in the big sizes for too long :D

PJ days are very important! And your crafts must be a good distraction from food :)

I gained just half a pound at weigh in but it has given me a kick up the bum to get back on track. I've been on plan this week and just reminding myself that I'm in this for the long haul. Today I had my lunch at a garden centre- smoked salmon, prawns and a mass of salad- no dressing.... That's a turn up for the books! The chips looked so nice haha x

I gained just half a pound at weigh in but it has given me a kick up the bum to get back on track. I've been on plan this week and just reminding myself that I'm in this for the long haul. Today I had my lunch at a garden centre- smoked salmon, prawns and a mass of salad- no dressing.... That's a turn up for the books! The chips looked so nice haha x

Well done on the good food choice :) It's not easy to pass on chips! :D

I'm glad you are getting back on track, you will get that half pound off and then some at next weigh in. Hope you have a good week x

A full week on plan and I've lost a measly 1lb! :(
It's so frustrating when people are saying 'I had kfc, McDonald's, and kebab and lost 3lbs'
I didn't stay to group tonight :/

Sometimes it takes a week to catch up with you :) So don't be down, stick to plan and hopefully you will have a better loss next week. I have had a good loss after a binge, then the following week only lost 0.5 lb. These days I look at what I lose over a month, it can be much nicer that way :)

Back