EvieT's Diary from the Edge

Day 5

Thanks yes, spent most of the day out and about, although drinking all this water has it's disadvantages - not too many bushes or large rocks to hide behind around here but managed OK ;)

Had a vague fantasy about fish and chips but luckily until the tourists arrive in May the local fish and chip shop is only open on a Friday and Saturday for a few hours. Had soup and a bar and it passed.

Lovely prawn salad for tea - 200g is a MOUNTAIN of salad! :eek:

It get easier with the toilet promise!! Hope you've had a good day. X

Day 6

Yes, thanks, another good day. I'm enjoying this diet - didn't think the words "diet" and "enjoy" could go together, but there you are.

Had a weird kind of metallic taste thing going on in my mouth today, i'm guessing it's the ketosis?

Tried the Vanilla Crispy shake for brekkie and it was OK, made it fairly thick and ate with a spoon.

Had bit of a quandry as i had to go for a meeting at the pub 25 miles away, to be there for 5.30pm. I didn't know whether to eat before going or when i got back. Anyway i had lunch lateish, 2 eggs scrambled with some mushrooms. Then around 4pm i had a lemon bar and a coffee with the milk allowance.

I've been enjoying the milky afternoon coffee. I remembered i had one of those frother things from Ikea in the cupboard. Mmm lovely there must have been about an inch of froth on the top.

Sat in the pub with fizzy water :eek: - blimey that must be a first!

Ate the cottage pie with brocolli and cauli when i got back, great as it didn't take long at all to make. Downside was cooking bacon, eggs and beans for DH.

DD tells me she's in training for the Three Peaks Challenge in July which will be great for her. I've been looking at the schedule for the Couch to 5k and think i might start that the week after next (i'm away all next week on the mainland).

Anyway, that's enough of my ramblings for one day... :wavey:

Yay the metallic taste will definitely mean you're in ketosis! Things will get easier now :)
Your frothy coffee sounds devine! Am sure I've got one of those frothers from ikea too, will have to dig mine out today I think ;)
Hope you have a good day x

Hi, just catching up on your diary. I laughed when you said about 200g being a mountain. I feel exactly the same but it definatly makes the diet easier to follow.
I have been had a few false stats with c25k but I am determined im going for it this spring. I'd like to tone up a bit and I think running will be good for that.
Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow xx

Thanks ladies, this forum and the support here also makes it so much easier to stay on plan.

A really busy day today, too busy to even think much about food and i even broke my own rules and sat at the computer to eat my lunch.

Had intended going out for a walk but the jobs just kept piling up.

Brekkie was a Caramel shake which i had hot with a spoonful of coffee in - very nice. Lunch was Mushroom Soup followed by the Choc Truffa Bar (ooo yum!) and tea tonight was 100g turkey and 200g veg (mushrooms, brocolli, cauli sprinkled with a wee bit of seasoning and then all wrapped in foil and baked in the oven).

Time to get on the scales tomorrow for the first weigh in...

Well, my first "official" weigh in after completing one week on SnS.

Very happy to report 6lbs gone and already my trousers feel looser - Yay! :clap:

I'm very sure that if i'd been able to shift my lazy butt out for more walks the loss would have been more but it's been a pretty busy week workwise. I work from home and tend to just carry on until i'm done. Mental note, need to give myself a break!

Ah well, feeling good and am ready to face week 2.

Week 2 may be a bit of a challenge as i'm away to the mainland Saturday for a week, i plan to take all my packs with me and am determined to stick to the plan, even though it's my birthday next week too. I really don't want to undo all the good work i've done this week!

Thanks Pam, it's also great to get back into the 11s, even if it's only just! :)

Thanks sarahlou, as soon as i left the 11s i knew i had to do something about it!

I've been in the 12s before but not for probably 8 years, managed to get down to healthy weight and kept there until the middle of last year when there were lots of stressful things going on in my life and the pounds just piled back on.

Day 9 over and done with, no problems.

Off to the mainland for a week now, and won't have internet access apart from on my mobil phone. All SnS packs are packed away and fully intend to stick with it 100%

EvieT said:
Day 9 over and done with, no problems.

Off to the mainland for a week now, and won't have internet access apart from on my mobil phone. All SnS packs are packed away and fully intend to stick with it 100%

Well done. You must be feeling great. I have no doubt you will be able to stick to it 100%. Xx

Hi Evie, just catching up with diaries and wanted to say well done on your losses so far. I know you are currently incommunicado, but hope all is going well on your mainland trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Ditto what Fran says Evie, hope everything is going well. It's been beautiful here this weekend (Borders). Hope the weather is being kind to you too up north.

Well, managed to log in via my mobile, but the signal is a bit dodgy and very very slow. Also typing on this tiny keyboard is very annoying! Anyway I though it might help me stay on the straight & narrow LOL!

I found yesterday quite hard, was up at 4.40am so it was a long day and I ate a couple of "extras", didn't go mad but had 100g cooked chicken breast & 60g of prawns that weren't in the plan. Took my daily calories to 806 but added virtually nothing to my daily carbs.

Felt great today and it will be a 100% day. We'll see what the challenges of Inverness brings tomorrow :)

Thanks Bordersgirl the weather here has been just great too, mostly blue sky & sunshine. Spent the day exploring around Gairloch, Poolewe & Loch Maree, really really beautiful area. There is snow still on the tops of the higher mountains. Spent the day thinking "I'm so lucky to live within fairly easy reach of such amazing countryside"

Back