EvieT's Diary from the Edge

Wednesday morning and all is going well, managing to stick to it 100% I'm amazed at how easy this diet is to stick to, I didn't even get tempted when it was my birthday on Monday! My first birthday without wine, cake and treats since, I can't even remember! I suppose with the ketosis not making you feel hungry helps a lot.

It would have been weigh in day tomorrow but it will have to wait until Sunday once I'm back home. I know I've lost some as my clothes & underwear are feeling a tad looser :)

Filling out the My Fitness Pal via the Blackberry app has definitely helped a lot. The BB app is quite basic but I've found it useful this week.

Will look forward to catching up with everyone's diaries at the weekend.

Well done EvieT! You're doing brilliantly to be sticking to it so well while on hols :) who needs scales when your clothes are looser!! Although how lovely will it be to have a whopping loss when you get home rather than the usual holiday gain ;) hope you're having a lovely time and happy belated birthday! x

Haha sarahlou i dunno about a whopping loss, i weighed in this morning and have lost 3lbs, not bad considering that TOTM is just about to start. And i do feel like i've lost more, my underwear is certainly fitting much better :)

Pleased that i was able to stick to the plan all week. It helped a lot with staying in self-catering accommodation.

Yesterday was my hardest day so far, mentally. I really really wanted to snack out and felt like having a glass of wine while i was cooking DH's tea last night. Kept glugging the water ate my own tea of chicken breast with mushrooms, brocolli and cauli baked in foil with some Colman's seasoning and felt much better and very glad that i didn't cave. It would have been so easy!

Ah well, i'm 18 days in now and am getting around to thinking about putting in my next order.

I had originally only planned to follow SnS for 6 weeks until i went away at the end of April. Plans have changed though as we are now not going away until August. I may as well do the full 12 weeks and see how far i can get.

My aims for this week are to get a bit more exercise.

EvieT said:
Haha sarahlou i dunno about a whopping loss, i weighed in this morning and have lost 3lbs, not bad considering that TOTM is just about to start. And i do feel like i've lost more, my underwear is certainly fitting much better :)

Pleased that i was able to stick to the plan all week. It helped a lot with staying in self-catering accommodation.

Yesterday was my hardest day so far, mentally. I really really wanted to snack out and felt like having a glass of wine while i was cooking DH's tea last night. Kept glugging the water ate my own tea of chicken breast with mushrooms, brocolli and cauli baked in foil with some Colman's seasoning and felt much better and very glad that i didn't cave. It would have been so easy!

Ah well, i'm 18 days in now and am getting around to thinking about putting in my next order.

I had originally only planned to follow SnS for 6 weeks until i went away at the end of April. Plans have changed though as we are now not going away until August. I may as well do the full 12 weeks and see how far i can get.

My aims for this week are to get a bit more exercise.

3lbs is a great loss :) 4 weeks of that is nearly a stone so you're doing brilliantly x

Thanks for your support! Much appreciated.

On day 20 today and realised it was probably about time i put in another order with SnS. As i've been enjoying the diet so far, i feel committed to carrying on for as long as i possibly can - up to the 12 weeks recommended. Decided to go for the 140 items (which is called the mens 28 day supply, 5 items a day) - this seems to be the cheapest way of buying the packs. I wouldn't even have thought of this but saw it on this forum :)

I can eke out the packs for more than 28 days because quite a bit of the time i only have 3 packs a day plus the protein. The only thing i have every single day is a bar.

I have found for the last few days that my skin has been a bit drier than normal - has anyone else experienced this?

Decided that i will weigh in twice a week - on a Sunday and a Wednesday - i'm hoping that should keep me on plan...

Anyway, i've waffled on for quite enough so i'll go and make space in my cupboard for my new packs :wavey:

Keep at it honey...your doing so well so far :) ...I'm terrible for scale jumping :( have to weigh daily just to see. I know they say you shouldn't but it works for me!

I ordered that package and it was fab...although still had some LT shakes so using the shakes from that ...don't like wasting money x x x

Well, off i went to the sale of work today at one of the village halls (i make cards using my own photographs and i also make lip balm and soap). Which flipping table did they put me right next to, yes the cupcakes! I had to sit there all day and stare at a table laden with delicious looking homebaking :drool: I tell you, if it wasn't for the fact that tomorrow was weigh in day i'd have been done for! Resisted all temptation and had my soup for lunch followed by a choc truffa bar.

Home baking (mainly my own) is the reason i'm having to lose weight, love to make cakes but also love to eat them LOL

Been a little short on my water intake today, didn't want to keep having to leave my table and go to the loo! Just have to glug away throughout the evening i guess.

Hope everyones having a good weekend :)

Clever you :) I have a friend who makes soap - nogstuff is her website... Hope you did well? You certainly did well to resist the cakes anyways :)

Clever you :) I have a friend who makes soap - nogstuff is her website... Hope you did well? You certainly did well to resist the cakes anyways :)

OOooo some looovely soaps on your friends website. The craft fair was really slow for everyone but that's the way it goes. Not too many tourists around yet. Made up for it by having some sales on my own website so that was good.

Plodding on with the diet, i guess now, after 26 days, i've just got into my own little routine. Have this weird obsessive thing where every night before i go to bed i delve into the cupboard where all my SnS packs are and decide what i will eat the next day, get them out and put them away in a drawer, then write down in my notebook the menu for the day.

I have a friend who has just started Cambridge (she's on day 7 now) so we email each other support a couple of times a day, so that is good - i think we're keeping each other on track. Wondering what we're going to do when i visit her in the next few weeks - we usually go into town, have cocktails, wine and a slap up meal including our mandatory dessert. Maybe i should suggest a picnic and we could get to try each others water flavourings and bars LOL.

Anyone tried the new SnS water flavourings, the ones without Citric Acid?

EvieT said:
OOooo some looovely soaps on your friends website. The craft fair was really slow for everyone but that's the way it goes. Not too many tourists around yet. Made up for it by having some sales on my own website so that was good.

Plodding on with the diet, i guess now, after 26 days, i've just got into my own little routine. Have this weird obsessive thing where every night before i go to bed i delve into the cupboard where all my SnS packs are and decide what i will eat the next day, get them out and put them away in a drawer, then write down in my notebook the menu for the day.

I have a friend who has just started Cambridge (she's on day 7 now) so we email each other support a couple of times a day, so that is good - i think we're keeping each other on track. Wondering what we're going to do when i visit her in the next few weeks - we usually go into town, have cocktails, wine and a slap up meal including our mandatory dessert. Maybe i should suggest a picnic and we could get to try each others water flavourings and bars LOL.

Anyone tried the new SnS water flavourings, the ones without Citric Acid?

They're nice aren't they... Ashamed to say I haven't tried any though :( hopefully the tourists will descend on you soon now the weather is nice :)
I think a pack swapping picnic sounds a great idea! My friends doing Cambridge too, great support, nice to have someone experiencing what you're going through...
I've got the summer fruits - not sure if it's without citric acid though, it has no labels or any info on it! God knows what I'm drinking!! It's ok, not as nice as the wahoo ones...
Well done for plodding on through xx

Well, the scales are still going down, my mid-week weigh in this morning saw another 1lb off - very cheerful as it makes a total of 1 stone lost now. LOL only another 2 stone to go!

Hardest thing today was cooking liver and bacon for DH's tea - oh the smell of that bacon :drool:

Struggled with the water a bit today, been out and about for a lot of the day rather than being at home - loos very few and far between out here and no bushes, trees of large rocks to hide behind :) Don't think i'm going to make 3L, should make 2.5L though.

Can hardly believe it is now Day 28, it's gone really quickly!

A tough couple of days, suffering from "head hunger", i don't feel physically hungry but i keep getting the feeling that i want to binge on something sweet. Yesterday was the worst day so far. Our next door neighbours are lovely and invited us around for tea - fish and chips from the local chippy which is only open a couple of days a week. I said yes we'd go but i'll bring my own food. Had to sit and watch 3 people scoffing fish and chips then to make things worse, lovely neighbour produces homemade choc brownies, shortbread and date slice and a pot of cream. I was sooooooooooo close to caving. I suppose one of the things keeping me on track was the thought of all the money i'd spent on the packs - you know what it's like when things are tight - it would just be an utter waste of money if i gave in now.

Anyway, feel better tonight, back on track and official weigh in day tomorrow, will see what the scales bring...

A tough couple of days, suffering from "head hunger", i don't feel physically hungry but i keep getting the feeling that i want to binge on something sweet. Yesterday was the worst day so far. Our next door neighbours are lovely and invited us around for tea - fish and chips from the local chippy which is only open a couple of days a week. I said yes we'd go but i'll bring my own food. Had to sit and watch 3 people scoffing fish and chips then to make things worse, lovely neighbour produces homemade choc brownies, shortbread and date slice and a pot of cream. I was sooooooooooo close to caving. I suppose one of the things keeping me on track was the thought of all the money i'd spent on the packs - you know what it's like when things are tight - it would just be an utter waste of money if i gave in now.

Anyway, feel better tonight, back on track and official weigh in day tomorrow, will see what the scales bring...

Well done for resisting!! You should be super proud of yourself!!! X

Well done EvieT :) just think of yourself when you step on the scales that will be the boost you deserve after being so good x x x

Thanks Dee, thanks Lea, appreciate the kind words.

Still sticking at it, feel more settled now, i guess these things go in phases. Now on day 33 and i have enough packs left for another 36 days. About a week before they run out i'll assess how it's going and will then either order more packs or change over to Atkins. Whatever i do i'm determined to keep going until goal.

Official weigh in yesterday and i was 3lbs down for the week. Not at all unhappy with that.

Easter Day, didn't even consider chocolate, didn't buy DH an egg he doesn't really have a sweet tooth anyway (probably why he's skinny as a stick LOL!). But i feel that even if i had got him one i wouldn't have been tempted - the thought of coming out of ketosis and then having to go through a few days of misery to get back in just does not appeal one bit!

This week? Well, i'd quite like to lose 4lb because that would take me into the 10s but realistically i'm only expecting to lose 3lb. Mmm :thinking2:i suppose i could always up my exercise and get my poor neglected bike out of the shed...

EvieT... I use the MFP and looked today and saw I was -1 on protein count so I looked at if I did a brisk 30min walk what would that do ;) and yup it means I'll of burnt more cals and be back in the black for the proteins I can have today. So guess what ... 2 lil dogs are going out even tho its peeing down whether they like it or not ~lol~ x x x

EvieT... I use the MFP and looked today and saw I was -1 on protein count so I looked at if I did a brisk 30min walk what would that do ;) and yup it means I'll of burnt more cals and be back in the black for the proteins I can have today. So guess what ... 2 lil dogs are going out even tho its peeing down whether they like it or not ~lol~ x x x

LOL, that's so funny Lea! I bet your dogs will be thinking "oh no, not again!" :D

Happy this morning - have jeans on, i bought them last year, without trying them on, well they were a 14, my size. Erm, no, they wouldn't go anywhere near, couldn't even do them up. A great incentive to keep me going :D

Back