EvieT's Diary from the Edge

Well, Day 34 done.

Did get my bike out, DH had put new tyres on it for me recently and made sure it was in good order. Haven't been on it for 13 years - OMG! I am soooo unfit. I only went down the road, as far as the beach and back, took me all of 15 minutes and there was a fair bit of huffing and puffing going on especially as the last bit was all uphill. Ah well will have to get out a bit more regularly. At least the cows who are down by the sand dunes didn't chase me LOL - i'm def not up to out-pacing them :)

I've had the bike for 20 years, used to do a LOT of cycling both on and off-road when i was in my thirties, regularly cycled 200-300 miles a week, weighed 8 stone 11 and ate what i like. Once i stopped i just carried on eating the same and at my heaviest was just short of 13 stone - that was 8 years ago. Became more active, did Rosemary Conley, had a pretty active few years and almost got to goal in 2008 doing Slimming World. Weight stayed fairly constant throughout 2009 - summer 2011 then just ate all the wrong things, didn't take enough exercise, found myself at over 12 stone. Decided i needed to do something NOW and drastic. Very glad i found SnS and all you lovely ladies on Minimins & MFP.

Well, i'm rambling again, off to drink my last 500mls water... :waterbottle:

I went out on my bike the other week for the first time in years!!! It was amazing!!! I loved it!!!

X

I went out on my bike the other week for the first time in years!!! It was amazing!!! I loved it!!!

X

LOL, yea, sure beats running - much better for your knees too. Guess i'll take another short trip out later to dodge the cows :)

Well, out on me bike again today - pedalling along thinking, oh this is great, i must be fitter than i thought. Erm, no - when i got to the turn around point and started cycling back i found that the wind had been behind me all the way. Oh it was hard going against the wind but i guess it did me good!

Certainly enjoyed me lunch when i got back anyway - macaroni cheese with fresh mushrooms followed by a lemon yog bar.

Struck me this afternoon that when i was young a 52 year old seemed really old, dressed in frumpy clothes (talking crimplene dress and sensible shoes here), permed their hair (you know the style), had hairy legs and didn't seem to get any excitement in their lives. Perhaps i'm wrong but i don't think so. It seems, to me anyway, that now i'm 52 i still feel very much alive and am definitely not going to sit around in me armchair, in me cardigan. Are oldies getting younger? Should i be worried that i still feel 20? Maybe a 10 year old looks at me and thinks "wow, she's really ancient!"...

Still feeling the ketosis coldness - sitting here with me wooly scarf round me neck but it sure as hell beats having hot flushes (haven't had one since starting SnS - could a VLCD be a cure for them?)

:wavey:

Back