Evilpenguin's food diary

Oh well my cold seems to be shifting! Yay for that. I am absolutely knackered though :(

Green today!

Breakfast: coffee (HEA)
Lunch: egg mayo sandwich (2xHEB plus 4 syns) satsuma, apple fruit bar (4.5 syns)
Dinner: mac n cheese n veg! (HEA)
Snacks: WW yoghurt, satsuma, pom bears (5 syns)
Total syns: 13.5 so far

Last edited:
I'm so tired today, gotta start getting to bed earlier! Gave 2 presentations at college today ughh it was awful. So glad it's over and almost Xmas break woohoo!

EE today

Lunch: ham and egg sandwich (HEB, 5.5 syns for extra bread, 4 syns for mayo) pom bears (5 syns) satsuma and apple fruit bar (4.5 syns)
Dinner: gonna have pork stew
Snacks: satsuma, banana, WW yoghurt, beetroot, nutri grain (6.5)
Total syns: 25.5 so far

I'm never ever ever buying 800g bread again! It's so not worth the syns!!!!

Not fussed about going over syns today, was under them yesterday so it should all work out. I feel fat today tho :(

Last edited:
EE today!

Breakfast: coffee (HEA) apple fruit bar (4.5 syns)
Lunch: BLT sandwich (HEB plus 5.5 for bread and 4 for Mayo) oaty bar thing (3.5 syns) satsuma
Dinner: pork stroganoff (3.5 syns) sweet potato mash, veg (brussel sprouts omg mmmmm!!!)
Snacks: 4 mini heroes (10 syns FFS!!!)
Total syns: 27

Those mini heroes are not worth it!!! And that stupid bread! Luckily I bought 400g bread so no more wasted syns.

Stayed the same this week *sigh* but to be fair I have had the cold, got my depo jag on Tues, ate normal mince, had 800g bread, wasted syns on a few things, had a green day, drunk vodka without counting it last weekend, didn't eat enough free food and ate 2 sweet potatoes the size of my head. So I think a STS is a good result!!

Now it's a new week! I have lean mince, 400g bread, coconut muller lights, a full fruit bowl, my cold is gone and I'm not drinking this weekend! So, I didn't make my target of losing 2lbs this week but that's ok, maybe it will happen next WI!!

Today will be EE!

Breakfast: cappuccino (2.5 syns) coconut muller, satsuma and a banana
Lunch: apple fruit bar (4.5 syns) a sandwich and a half from ASDA (HEB plus about 9 syns)
Dinner: steak, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, carrots, mash, corn on the cob (2 syns for margarine)
Snacks: crab terrine (6 syns based on cals) 10 crackers (10 syns again based on cals) and a few drinks (umm 20 syns?)
Total syns: let's say a million

Well so much for not drinking tonight! Bf got us a bottle of Jim Beam! Oh well, no more until Xmas day now! The terrine was a gift from my grandad and the syns didn't seem as bad as I thought they'd be! But oh my, those crackers disappeared quickly.

Ok I think I'll pretend today was a flexi day. I was wandering the shops for about 5 hours so the exercise will balance it all out lol. Xmas shopping is officially done though! Woohoo for that! And I've already wrapped half of them. I feel like I've accomplished something!

Tomorrow will be better SW wise :D

Last edited:
Hmmm I was just reading the past few days food diary, I'm so not 100% and I'm really frustrated by it. The mini heroes were such a waste, 4 tiny bits of chocolate for 10 syns?! Srsly?!? I'm really motivated and really want to remain 100%, I don't even want to come off plan for Xmas, so I dunno wtf is happening!

This week I will be 100%!!! My parents have invited us out for a Xmas eve dinner, we said maybe cos bf wants to have a takeaway for Xmas eve, screw the lot of them I'm having a SW dinner!

Plan for this week: pork stir fry, risotto, stroganoff, cannelloni, turkey burgers, sweet potatoes with chilli and Xmas eve shall be something yum like carbonara or maybe bolognese!

I dunno if it's been as bad as I think but I know I can do better. Let's do this :D

EE today

Lunch: chicken bacon salad sandwich (HEB plus 4 syns) and mango
Dinner: didn't have one!
Snacks: chocolate cookie (guessing 9 syns) turkey sandwich (10 syns for bread and about 4 for Mayo) chicken thigh with skin removed, chicken and bacon pasta salad (5 syns for Mayo) a Jim Beam and diet coke (2.5 syns) sugar (2 syns)
Total syns: about 40?

Well this didn't go to plan did it? We went out for more Xmas shopping (thought I was finished but wasn't!) and decided to visit my bf's parents on the way home. Had a coffee, hence the syns for sugar, and we were about to head home for our pork stir fry when his cousin text us to see if we wanted to pop in! We left cards for them at his mums so we thought ok we'll pop in with your cards... Got there and was offered a giant cookie - thought ok I must have syns for this so had one. We stayed for hours, chatting away, til we realised it was 9pm and I was starving! Tried to leave but then got chatting again. It was 10pm when we got up to go, we thought oh it's too late for dinner let's just grab a chippy!!! Well on the way to the chippy we decided against it and thought oh let's get a McDonalds!! Then the SWer inside me said NO!! So we went to Tesco for a pack of sushi and some cold meat. Hunger took over in the store (this was now 11pm) and we bought a pasta thing to share, a pack of chicken thighs and a sandwich, as there wasn't any sushi. So 40 syns compared to what it could have been, well I feel like I done ok considering.

Last edited:
Right! No more family visits until Xmas day! No more Xmas shopping!! And my bf will not be having takeaway on Xmas eve. 100% til Sunday! I'm going to lower my syns to 10 - 15 this week to make up for yesterday, and every other day I wasn't 100%.

EE today

Lunch: chicken thigh with skin removed, beetroot, beef tomato, ham, laughing cow xl (1 syn) 2 satsumas
Dinner: the pork stir fry we were meant to have yesterday with noodles (3 syns for sauce)
Snacks: 2 WW cookies (4.5 syns) tree chocolate (2.5 syns) BLT (HEB plus 4 syns for mayo) chicken thigh skin removed, WW yoghurt
Total syns: 15

Last edited:
Yesterday was good! I love it when I have 100% days :D it's so much better than feeling sorry for myself/angry at myself for not sticking to plan!!

EE today!

Lunch: 2 satsumas, b&c muller (1 syn) 2 WW cookies (4.5 syns)
Dinner: pork stroganoff with carrots, broccoli, brussels and sweet potato mash (3.5 syns for sauce)
Snacks: Skips (4 syns) banana and a vodka (2.5 syns) toffee oaty bar (HEB) ham & beetroot snackage and a satsuma
Total syns:

I'm feeling a little rough today, my cold hasn't quite gone away so my throat is a bit sore, nose is still runny and I have a headache. Maybe once I've had some lunch I'll feel better. Right now I can't face food :( feel sick :(

But it's 5 sleeps til Santa!!! :xmascheers: so I need to get into the spirit of things! I have a full day of college tomorrow then a cheeky half day on Thursday, then no more college til January!! Love being a student :D

I gotta plan our meals for boxing day onwards, otherwise we'll be like "oh leftovers, yum yum!" and the 1 day off will turn into a few days, and I don't want that to happen. I'm thinking stews & stodge! :D

Last edited:
There was a last minute change of plan at college which resulted in today being my last day instead of tomorrow! So helloooo there Xmas holidays!!

EE today

Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB plus 4 syns) oaty bar (3.5 syns) skips (4 syns) satsuma
Dinner: leek, pea and bacon risotto
Snacks: 2 satsumas and a banana, a few drinky poos (10 ish syns?)
Total syns: 21.5

Last edited:
Red today!

Lunch: chicken salad sandwich (HEB plus 4 syns)
Dinner: turkey burgers in pitta breads with lots of salad (HEB plus 6 syns for extra pitta??)
Snacks: drinks (30 syns) skips (4 syns) satsuma, tree choc (2.5) advent choc (1) and I stole a chip off my mums plate!! (1 sun???)
Total syns: 48.5

Last edited:
I have lost over 1 stone!!!:D:D:D:D:D I weighed in today, a day early (will be too busy tomorrow/wanted to do it before my flexi days caught up:eek:) and scales are showing a 5.5lb loss! Ahhh so chuffed! I know the next WI will probably show a gain, with all the festive drinks I've been having, and xmas day dinner, but apart from those things I am going to aim to be 100% food wise. I'm drinking again tonight, cos it's xmas eve's eve! Will maybe have a few with dinner tomorrow as well, but not a lot as I'm driving early on xmas day. On xmas day I'll be drinking (in the evening) and eating off plan (for one meal), so might not even bother with the diary that day... who knows! But I really don't want to do too much damage, considering I am now in the 20 stones!! Will be so happy if I stay in the 20s for next WI, but if not I can get it right back off again, as all the drinking will be over!!

So.... today is EE and another flexi day for drinks.

Lunch: chicken salad sandwich (HEB plus 4 syns)
Dinner: pork stroganoff with brown rice(3.5 syns for sauce)
Snacks: drinks (40 syns) skips (4 syns) toffee oaty bar (3.5 syns) satsuma, mince pie (no idea of syns)
Total syns: 55

Last edited:
I'm a bit hungover today.. not drinking again tonight. Watching Xmas films, making cheesecake (the 200 syn one!) and generally chilling out today!

EE today :)

Breakfast: coffee (HEA) and a SW fry up! Eggs, bacon, sausages (1.5 syns) and toast (HEB)
Lunch: something free
Dinner: cannelloni
Snacks: none yet
Total syns: 1.5 so far

*glides back in*

Staying on plan over Xmas is damn hard. On Xmas eve it went out the window, had a takeaway and lots of booze. Xmas day breakfast consisted of leftover takeaway and a selection box chocolate, dinner was as healthy as a xmas dinner can get I guess, but the cheesecake for afters wasn't! It was delicious tho, I make a good cheesecake!! We planned to go out for a meal tonight so I thought I was still off plan, but it's been called off so I'm back on it! I had chocolate for breakfast again though.... Dunno what I'll do with the rest of it, would rather not eat it, will maybe put it away til a party or something.

So I think it's EE today

Breakfast: coffee (HEA) crunchie (9.5 syns)
Lunch: will have a SW fry up later
Dinner: going to have chilli
Snacks: don't know!
Total syns: 9.5 so far

We got Sky put back on so I can finally watch those exercise programmes I recorded!! Will do that when I get the house to myself!

Last night it seemed like a really good idea to finish a bottle of JD, order a chinese, eat a selection box and half a box of ferrero rochers. Today I feel very ill :(

So now there's no booze left, no chocolate and no more money to order takeaways. It's time to get back on plan.

It's almost 3pm and I havent eaten yet, cos I feel like I might be sick, so the food diary is quite empty just now! Edit- had lunch, woo!!

EE today

Breakfast: coffee (2 syns milk)
Lunch: sliced beetroot, turkey, Philly xl (2 syns?) mmm random salad
Dinner: chilli with sweet potato (3 syns for philly)
Snacks: muller light, skips (4) celebration (2.5) 2 satsumas, half a mince pie (6.5) cheese & ham toastie (HEB and HEA)
Total syns: 18

Last edited:
EE today

Lunch: cheese and ham toastie (HEB and HEA) satsuma
Dinner: leek pea & bacon risotto
Snacks: roast chicken, xl mayo (1 syn) beetroot, skips (4) celebrations x3 (6 syns) 2x WW yoghurts, about 4 satsumas, chopped pineapple, leftover risotto, lemon sorbet (about 6 syns worth?)
Total syns: 19

Had a really hungry day today!!

Last edited:
Today I feel a bit sick! Have had really bad wind, think the chilli is to blame! Last night I ate like there was no tomorrow but somehow kept it all SW friendly! I had lemon sorbet but not a lot, so maybe I went over syns a bit but I don't think by many.

EE today as usual.

Lunch: scrambled eggs on toast (HEB plus 4 syns for margarine)
Dinner: river cobbler, parsnips, mashed sweet potato, steamed carrots, broccoli & cauliflower (2 syns for xl philly)
Snacks: satsuma, WW yoghurt, picnic (11.5 syns) ham, pineapple, skips (4) options indulgence (3)
Total syns: 24.5

Last edited:
WI tomorrow! Have no idea what will happen, probably a gain! I would like to stay in the new stone and not lose my sticker but if I don't I have been eating quite a lot of junk so it won't be a surprise. I've been so hungry these last few days and have tried to keep it SW but seem to slip up at night time with hot chocolates and lemon sorbet!! I've run out of fruit and yoghurts so need to nip out and get some today.

We're having 'nibbles' tomorrow with drinks for NYE. I'm going to nab a few ideas from the buffet thread and make SW friendly nibbles! Then on new years day we're going to my grans for dinner which I'm guessing will be a roast and veg, so not totally overboard and easily synned. On NYE I will be having lots of drinks though so flexi syns will be required. I'm only having a few with dinner on Sunday cos I'm driving early on the Monday.

Prior planning prevents piss poor performance, right?!

EE today

Lunch: toast (HEB) xl philadelphia (2 syns) ham & beetroot, WW yogurt
Dinner: river cobbler, onion, pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, sweet potato (2 syns for Philly, 1 syn for butter)
Snacks: shape delight (5.5) satsuma, 2 x JD & diet coke (5 syns) skips (4) oaty bar (3.5) half a fudge (2.5)
Total syns: 25.5

Had a bit of a midnight feast which took me over syns!

Last edited:
WI went surprisingly well with a 2lb gain. Well deserved! Still keeps me in the 20s and I don't lose my sticker woo!!

NYE is here, tonight I'll be on flexi syns! I'm making a SW quiche, SW KFC, SW pizza and ham & cheese rolled up on sticks so I will have plenty of things to eat! Hopefully the only syns will be on booze!

EE today (flexi syns, about 70!!)

Lunch: bacon & potato scone roll (about 15 syns)
Dinner: nothing
Snacks: SW buffet: 2 slices tortilla pizza, 2 pieces KFC, 2 slices quiche, pork ribs (are these free?) home made potato salad (4 syns ish) peanuts (lots of syns) drinks (too many to remember)
Total syns: hopefully under my allowance of 70

My bf has made his dads famous potato salad! He made it with the lighter than light mayo so it's pretty SW friendly, about a syn for a tbsp. And it's amazing! I dunno if it will last til later I might eat it all for lunch :drool:

Last edited:
Yesterday did not go to plan. The dinner I thought would be a roast turned out to be a buffet. I was so unprepared, woke up late & hungover, skipped breakfast/lunch thinking I was getting a big dinner. There was no SW friendly food in sight so I had a few nibbles, mini pork pies & quiche, scotch eggs, fancy pastry things and cheese! I didn't eat any proper food, until we got home and I had porridge. Not a good day! But it was new years so that somehow makes me feel less guilty. Honestly I'm so glad it's over and things can get back to normal!!

Everyone is back to work on Weds so I will finally have some peace and quiet to do my exercises!! It's recorded on sky which we only have in the main living room so I haven't been able to do them at all with everyone being off work and watching crap on tv. Will be glad to see the back of them all!!! I need the peace to study for maths & physics too :(

Anyway today will be EE!!

Breakfast: coffee (2 syns milk) cheese & chicken toastie (HEB and HEA)
Lunch: homemade lentil soup & a satsuma
Dinner: stroganoff, sweet potato mash, veg (3.5 syns)
Snacks: homemade potato salad (4 syns ish) ham, 2 x WW yoghurt, 2 satsumas, an apricot, small piece of shortbread (4 syns) shape delight (5.5) Pom bears (5) boiled egg
Total syns: 24 oops

Planned on doing absolutely nothing today but was up early taking my grandparents to the bus station and have now been guilt tripped into taking my mum to the shops, so there goes my lazy day...

Last edited:
EE today

Lunch: home made lentil soup
Dinner: home made beef burgers & salad (lettuce & tomato) and parsnip chips (HEB for pitta and HEA for cheese, plus 3 for extra 1/2 pitta)
Snacks: 5 marshmallows (5 syns, not worth it!!!) cherry tomatoes, a clementine, WW yoghurt, WW tortilla (5 syns) cheese (4 syns) ham
Total syns: 19 yay under 20 for once :)

Last edited:
Back