Evilpenguin's food diary

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
I'm not all that sure what to say here! I feel like I have a million unfinished diaries kicking around on minimins. I was just gonna post this in my old one but I want to leave the past in the past! I failed at SW last time around, do not want to think about that really.

So this is my third and final attempt! I am going to do it this time!!! I'm going to university in September and my goal for then is to have made a dent in this weight loss thing!

I've decided to start up this diary because since starting SW again I've pretty much spent all my free time on minimins, as this place is like my SW class and I love it! I have the app on my phone too so I can update this as I eat/feel like talking about SW!

Food diary bit:

Done EE today but because of the strike I wasn't at college so didn't eat properly!

Breakfast: coffee with milk (HEA)
Lunch: nutri grain bar, cherry muller light, 2 satsumas (7.5 syns)
Dinner: beef burritos loaded with peppers, onions, beans, herbs yum yum! (syns for WW tortillas = 10)
Snacks: decided to make a BLT to get my HEB (4 syns for mayo), a banana, a trimlyne fruit bar (the syn fairies answered me! 4.5 syns)
Total syns: 26 and guessing 4/5 syns for garlic bread thing? = 31

I also took a very large bite of a pesto and garlic bread slice thing, so my total syns is probably 30 something:eek: I love how the first day I'm not 100% is the day I start a food diary for all to see!:cool: Maybe I should add a backdated diary so you can see I've been 100% until today lol blame the strike:rolleyes:

Oh btw, I'm using the syn thread & google to find most of my syn values because I haven't joined a class yet, so if you spot anything you think is wrong then let me know. I think cherry muller lights are 1 syn and nutri grains are 6.5, but I could be wrong!

Back to college tomorrow so my eating should be back to normal. And I have chilli con carne planned for dinner :drool:

Last edited:
Well it's almost 8pm and I've still not had dinner! The bf is making it just now:D and I'm avoiding doing any more studying for my exam tomorrow:eek:

EE today:

Breakfast: nutri grain (6.5 syns) coffee (HEA + 1 syn for sugar)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB + 4 syns for mayo) apple fruit bar (4.5 syns) satsuma
Dinner: chilli with brown rice
Snacks: satsuma (may add to this later)
Total syns: 16

We're going to have fish tomorrow for dinner. Apparently ASDA's fresh fish is amazing and they do all sorts of dustings (and butters but not worth the syns imo) so I'm quite looking forward to that. Not sure what fish or flavouring yet, will see what's there! And I will stay away from the whoopie pies! Note to self: eat big lunch tomorrow so not hungry at ASDA.

EE again! Turned this into a flexi day after I bought the bourbon lol.

Breakfast: coffee (HEA for milk)
Lunch: ham, cheese & salad sandwich (HEB, 3 syns for cheese, 4 syns for mayo) pom bears (3.5 syns) and a satsuma
Dinner: river cobbler & watercress butter (2 tsp ish so 4 syns?) veggies and mash (didn't need the mash omg I was stuffed)
Snacks: ASDA sushi (guessing 5 syns!) low cal Monster (I think this is free?) and about 10 Jim Beams! Small measures so 2.5 syns each, 25 syns
Total syns: 44.5 (out of flexi syn budget of 60!)

Not a great day but really thought I'd go over the limit I gave myself! So that's a win I suppose.

Last edited:
just having a read through your diary and saw that you have nutrigrain bars, would it not be better to get the alpen lights so that you can save some syns onto somthing else and have them as your healthy extra??..

Hey charleybabes

Thanks for reading! Yeah I totally agree, nutri grains are a waste of syns. They're just really cheap from my local b&m store (£1 for 6) compared to other cereal bars from tesco or ASDA, which can be £2 ish for 5 alpens. I would have to syn the alpens as I do EE and use my HEB on bread, and would have 2 a day cos one is never enough lol which would be about 6 syns and £4 a week!!

That's my excuse anyway lol. I've been thinking of cutting out the cereal bars completely though, I never bought any yesterday when I was shopping, but I go to b&m on a Sunday so might end up picking some up, they are just so handy for college. Shame about the syns :(

Xxx

A bit hungover today and feeling sorry for myself cos it's star week, the joys! First one since June:( But! WI this morning with a 4lb loss! I've lost 10lbs in just over 2 weeks, I'm so chuffed. So now I just need to lose a few pounds to get into the 20's and also to get me my 1 stone sticker:D

Doing EE today, as usual!

Breakfast: coffee with milk (HEA)
Lunch:
SS venison sausages x2 (1 syn, if they are still 1/2 a syn each), bacon x3 with the fat cut off, scrambled eggs (1 syn for marge), toast (HEB + 2 syns for marge)
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese
Snacks: 2 satsumas, 3 cupcakes (3 syns!!) and a few drinks (10 syns)
Total syns: 17

I took a pic of my lunch cos it looked pretty but it's on my phone and I cba with all the hassle involved in transferring it to the laptop so will do it later when the hangover has worn off:eek: (pic now added:D)

Was going to head to the farmer's market today, but Jim Beam had other plans for me this morning. I really want to get pineberries - I've been seeing them all over the internet:drool: I doubt I'll get them here but it's worth a shot! So next Saturday maybe!

Attachments

• food.jpg
    food.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
EE again. Should probably say I have a budget of 20 syns a day (was given this amount the last 2 times I followed SW) so I'm trying to stick to it. Seem to be under it most days though.

Breakfast: 1 SS venison sausage, 2 slices toast, 3 bacon slices, scrambled eggs (3.5 syns and HEB)
Lunch: muller yoghurt, nutri grain (6.5 syns)
Dinner: mushroom risotto (HEA cheese)
Snacks: cupcake (1 syn) melon, apple and satsuma fruit salad, cherry muller (1 syn) quavers (4.5 syns) a tiny bit of a WW cheesecake (4 syns ish) it was disgusting so I fed the rest to the bf :D Then I got hungry so I attacked my mum's leftovers! Had a few small boiled potatoes, some cooked ham and about 15g of philadelphia light (1 syn I think) then had a chopped banana covered in muller light, then I was full!
Total syns: 21.5

Glad I never ate all those potatoes! Left enough to have with tomorrows dinner mmmm I love potatoes so much! Looking forward to a pork & bean stew tomorrow with potatoes and cabbage yum yum:D

I've had a really hungry day today, probably because I've been feeling a bit low. Oh well at least I stayed on track?!

Last edited:
EE again:rolleyes:

Breakfast:
bacon sandwich with light philadelphia (2 syns and HEB)
Lunch: muller light, satsuma, nutri grain (6.5 syns)
Dinner: was pork stroganoff! with a mountain of steamed veg, cabbage and potatoes (3.5 syns)
Snacks: a latte (HEA) quavers (4.5 syns)
Total syns: 16.5

Bf couldn't be bothered cooking the stew I was looking forward to so I made a stroganoff. Was pretty tasty:D

Had a non hungry day today! Dunno what yesterday was all about, I was starving. I just kept munching free food but it wasn't filling me up. I felt like I needed a sandwich or something, and the stodgiest free/low syn thing I could think of was a chopped banana smothered in yoghurt. It seemed to work!

Last edited:
Having a red day!! :D

Breakfast: coffee (HEA) advent calendar choc (1 syn judging by the 20cal per piece thing)
Lunch: nutri grain (6.5) quavers (4.5)
Dinner: pork, carrot, onion, pepper & garlic stew with more veg on the side
Snacks: another pack of quavers (4.5) 2 x cheese & ham toasties (2 HEB & HEA plus 3 syns ish on extra cheese)
Total syns: 20 ish

Earlier on I made up a weight tracking diary thing. It's based off of my old WW one and I think it's cool:D Because I'm not going to group I just keep a note of my weight on my phone in the Notes app, but I wanted something a bit fancier. I've printed it off to write in my future results but if I get any more stickers I might need to keep it as an electronic thing, my dad might not appreciate me printing this thing off every other week (optimistic me, aiming for a new sticker every week lol) He is a bit tight with his ink!

Probably had more than a HEA of cheese but I had a few syns left anyway and it wasn't a lot of cheese!

Attachments

• weight track.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
EE as usual

Breakfast: coffee (HEA)
Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB plus 4 syns for mayo) satsuma, nutri grain (6.5 syns)
Dinner: boil in the bag fish in parsley sauce, veg and mash (2 syns for the fish)
Snacks: RF peanut butter (4 syns) toast (5 syns) banana :D best snack ever, shame the PB was higher in syns than I thought, took me over on syns a wee bit
Total syns: 21.5

Last edited:
Another red day!

Breakfast: coffee (HEA) nutri grain (6.5)

Lunch: ham salad sandwich (HEB and 4 syns) satsuma and a banana
Dinner: beef stir fry & dumplings (guessing 2 syns per dumpling?)
Snacks: random slice of smoked salmon, cheese toastie (HEB and HEA)
Total syns: 10.5 plus the dumplings depending on how many I have..

Had 6. So 22.5 plus 3 syns for sauce = 25.5 eek!!

Had a long day today and I'm really tired, just had a 2 hour nap
:( dunno if I'll have my other A and B choices :(

Bit of a bad day me thinks.

Edited to say I got my a and b! Yum!

Last edited:
EE today

Breakfast: nutri grain (6.5) coffee (HEA)

Lunch: ham sandwich (4 syns and HEB) 2 satsumas
Dinner: haddock, veg and mash (2 syns)
Snacks: mini hamburger and mini spring roll (total greed - eating leftovers of my mums dinner - 5 or 6 syns, not sure) and sushi (1.5 syns)
Total syns: 20 ish!

Having a few drinks tonight, the Xmas tree is up so it's time for a party lol. Alcohol is syn free tonight
:D;)

Last edited:
Weighed in this morning, lost 1lb! Total loss of 11lbs, in 4 weeks, so I'm pretty chuffed! I'm gonna aim for 2lbs next week, because I know I can do it and this past week I've been taking the piss a bit (didn't count syns in fruit juice I had, or the vodka last night, and may have omitted several mini duck bites from my food diary - stupid mum and her stupid buffet dinner leftovers:mad:)

I accidentally bought 800g bread yesterday, saw it in a 2 for £2 offer and grabbed it without thinking lol. Oh well! Have a few green days planned anyway so can use 2 slices as my full HEB, and on EE days I'll syn a slice. Btw I'm not looking forward to green days, they don't make me lose weight, but we're trying to watch the pennies and meat is so frickin expensive!!!

My plan for the Green days: plenty of water and mountains upon mountains of fruit & veg. Will also have small portions!:D

Anyway, food diary bit! Having a Red day today.

Lunch: 4 sausages (asda RF ones, 1 syn each, so 4 syns) scrambled eggs and BBQ sauce (1 syn)
Dinner: turkey burgers, cheese, salad and pittas (asda wholemeal x2 HEB's, cheese HEA, garlic mayo 2, mango and ginger dressing 2)
Snacks: advent calendar choc!! (1 syn) asda gfy carrot cake slice (4 syns - totally not worth it btw) options indulgence (3 syns)

I also bought the wrong mince, but that was on purpose because it was in a 3 for £10 offer, I needed 2 packs of pork chops and 1 pack of mince, the extra lean stuff wasn't in the offer so I just got normal stuff. It's 6 syns per 100g, pfffft!!! I usually count the lean stuff as free because I always drain the fat off (there's hardly any on it anyway) so I think I'll do the same with this stuff but count it as 3 syns per 100g. So it's like 15 syns for the pack.....:sigh:

Slimming World and saving money do not go hand in hand. I need a job :(

Had one of those carrot cake slices from Asda's good for you range, 4 freakin syns!!! They were 1 or 2 points on WW, no wonder I didn't lose weight:rolleyes:

Was meant to have turkey kebab for dinner but it was gonna take 1 hour 20 mins to cook so we made burgers instead! It was yummy :D

Last edited:
Woke up with the worst cold ever, have absolutely no appetite and generally cba :(

Extra Easy today.

Lunch: home made lentil soup
Dinner: roast chicken, stuffing (2.5 syns) gravy (3 syns) mash and veg
Snacks: options indulgence (3 syns) nutri grain (6.5 syns) satsuma and a banana, small brown roll with ham (HEB and 2 syns for marge)

We were gonna have our leftover burgers for dinner but my mum made a huge roast dinner so we joined them and had that instead. It was so good! Made me feel a bit better.

Last edited:
Still not well! I'm hoping this cold goes away before I go back to college on Weds, I have to give a presentation and there's nothing worse than someone coughing and sneezing every 2 seconds throughout a presentation. It is only a practice, the real thing is next week, so maybe I can skip it if I'm still not feeling great, but I have zero confidence in giving talks so was looking forward to the practice:( ugghhhh

EE today.

Breakfast: had a coffee (HEA)
Lunch: home made lentil soup with a small brown roll (HEB)
Dinner: baked sweet potato with home made chilli (1 syn for xl Philadelphia, 3 syns for mince)
Snacks: banana, satsuma, advent choc (1 syn) carrot cake slice (4 syns) nutri grain (6.5 syns) options indulgence (3 syns)
Total syns: 18.5

I was going to use my free time today & tomorrow to do some exercise. I recorded some work out programmes from that Sky channel 'Body in Balance' but obviously I would rather not today with the way I'm feeling.

I need to do laundry as well omg. I hate this stupid cold!!!!!!

Last edited:
Pfffffft this cold is driving me insane :( I feel like I'm not eating enough, but having the cold has made my appetite go away. It's hard to eat when you can hardly breathe:(

EE today

Lunch: satsuma and a banana, homemade lentil soup
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese (3 syns)
Snacks: pom bears (5 syns) apple fruit bar (4.5 syns) another satsuma and small banana, bread (HEB), egg Mayo 2 syns, options indulgence (3 syns)
Total syns: 17.5

Last edited:
Hi :wavey:

Hope your cold clears off soon!

It'd hard work as it is this slimmin lark, but even worse when you feel poop.

Stick with it you're doing fab xx

Mrs.S. said:
Hi :wavey:

Hope your cold clears off soon!

It'd hard work as it is this slimmin lark, but even worse when you feel poop.

Stick with it you're doing fab xx

Back