Evolution of beauty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KD, 18 October 2006 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Think I need this treatment:eek:

[YOUTUBE]knEIM16NuPg[/YOUTUBE]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    The wonders of modern technology!

4. Slim at heart

Slim at heart Skinny girls r 4 wimps!!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(10.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimpod, Low GL, Healthy eating
    Oh my God!!! That is just amazing... I just can't believe it.. I knew that photos get airbrushed but had never actually seen it done before... it's so true- no wonder our perception of beauty is completely distorted.... absolutely GOBSMACKED!!!!

5. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

I'd like a young man to follow me round, airbrushing me as I go lol!

6. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

It is totally ridiculous though, isn't it! I mean - that woman is gorgeous to start with!!!

Who on earth would want to gild the lily???

Who are these people who judge what is beauty and what is imperfection??? How very dare they!

A few meeja/fashionistas who are so not attractive themselves (hey - I watch America's Next Top Model!!) who have the audacity to distort and twist our whole society's perceptions of what we SHOULD like that, but cant because we are human.

A man once said to me that it's our imperfections that make us attractive (he was accusing me of being boss-eyed at the time - the pig) and although he was barking mad, maybe he has a point!

7. lou49

lou49 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What an amazing video. I read on an American site the other week that all these photos in magazines are airbrushed now; it's apparently big business for the agencies which do it. Made me feel better when I look at womens' magazines though when I see photos of Jane Fonda advertising L'Oreal with all this guff about how it makes her look younger it infuriates me - like how plastic surgery and airbrushed photos have nothing to do with it!
    Louise

8. d4n13773

d4n13773 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (my way!)
    What a fabulous video.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.