Exante and excersize

wannadrop3st

Hey Guys,
As much as i hate excersize, i am thinking i should incorporate it into my day, i do the wobble away classes with weights 3 times a week, but i think i should do something else.
So i have dusted off my old dvds, but before i start i wanted to make sure i am ok to do it as on CD you were not allowed to excersie at all ??
What do you all do ??
:)

Hi There, you must remember that CD is 400 calories a day which is not a lot. Exersise is vital but do not overdo it. They suggest 20 minutes day, I do 30 minutes on an exersise bike every other day and 30 minutes weights every other day and it has helped immensely. Just be very very careful not to overdo it, I cannot stress that enough, listen to your body, when it says stop, stop.

Hi there, I walk a lot (but I always have) and since starting TFR, I've begun doing 30-45 mins of weights and toning (sit-ups and stuff$) to stave off bingo wings etc. The important thing to remember is that we're not living on 400 / 600 calories a day, we're living on whatever our body needs - it's just getting the fuel from the the jerry can we store in the boot (as it were!). If you have any health concerns, check in with your GP, otherwise, start off slowly, build up gradually, stop if you feel weird and drink drink drink!

i don;t do exercise, the way i look at it, is i am on my feet all day with my work, and knackered when i get hme, so realisitcally while i am walking in my job each day i am burning calories, as lets face it, we have not got much to burn on this bloody diet.

The important thing to remember is that we're not living on 400 / 600 calories a day, we're living on whatever our body needs - it's just getting the fuel from the the jerry can we store in the boot (as it were!).

I love your analogy i'mgonnabeskinnybyXmas :p I have a hell of a lot of jerry cans in my boot :eek:

When I did CD before, I was doing Jazzercise 3 times a week which is basically an hour at a time of moderate to intense aerobics and muscle toning. I just made sure I had half a shake before and half after as well as drinking lots of water to stop me feeling faint. It really helped with my losses and I started toning up so quickly as well as getting fit.

I think the general rule is that it's recommended not to do any extra exercise in the first 2 weeks and then not to go overboard after that. I know that was what my CD counsellor told me and I'm pretty sure it says that on the Exante site too, possibly in the booklet PDF.

From personal experience, exercise helped me but I also did well with losses when I wasn't exercising so it's down to personal choice I guess. Hope this helps :rolleyes: x

When i did CD and calorie counting ... I walked walked walked !! got myself a pedometer and made sure i did 10,000 steps a day , this i feel is what gave me tone as i have to say my legs , belly etc were /welll still are very toned, it was free to do and i really enjoyed it getting out i often walked with my hubby but sometimes just me and the ipod ... my suggestion is to do toning exercising to start with my pedometer is such a useful tool esp as it tells me how many caloires burned etc keeps you motivated !

as the others have said listen to your body and work with it !:)

In the booklet is states 20mins a day so if you want to excersise do only 20mins untill you start eating again and drink plenty and rest if you need to xx

In the booklet is states 20mins a day so if you want to excersise do only 20mins untill you start eating again and drink plenty and rest if you need to xx

The booklet is, as with so many other areas, just covering itself to make sure you don't overdo it and sue Exante!

There have been many studies done over the years on the efeects of exercise on VLCD with the main outcome, as usual, being that it will vary from person to person. However if you read through the various advice given by the diet makers and also trawl the net you come up with the following comclusions which I think are fairly comprehensive and should cover it for most people.

• Don't do any more exercise that you did before the diet in the first few weeks.
  • Once you have been going for a while and your body is adapting you can add in extra exercise.
  • Too much cardio exercise (stuff that makes you sweat, get out of breath and raises your heartbeat) is bad for you on a VLCD. Although this type of exercise is often called "fat-burning" and its true that it does burn fat it also burns lean muscle. You need extra protein to rebuild this muscle and on a VLCD you are not taking enough in. Loss of muscle mass will slow down your metabolism and a slower metabolism means slower weightloss!
  • Strength and resistance exercise on the other hand is good. This will help build up your muscle mass without the need for additional protein and more muscle mass = faster metabolism = quicker weightloss.
  • Listen to your own body. if you exercise and start to feel dizzy or faint, or get cramps, then STOP.
  • Everyone is different. Test out various ways of exercising to see what works best for you and do that. Your mate might go spinning 3 times a week and be losing tons of lbs, you may well get the same effect just by walking round the block a couple of nights a week!

Back