Exante Cals -v- Cambridge Cals

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Before I start can I just clarify that this is just a question. I don't intend doing it before anyone tells me I'm doing it wrong etc. but IF we needed/wanted to, could we do with only having 2 packs per day of Exante?

On Cambridge it's 3 per day with a total of 415 calores, on Exante it's 3 per day with a total of 600 calories. Therefore, if it's safe to have 415 on CD, could we just have 400 on Exante?

Just a thought really as to why we actually NEED those extra 200 calories.

I suppose that the 3 packs have the total RDA of nutrients so although you could manage with less calories you would lose vital vitamins and so on if you cut out a pack? Xx I had the same thoughts before. I was on lipotrim and moved to exante for the following reasons:
Cheaper to buy months box
More variety of flavours
No aspartame
Bars are yummy
And texture is nicer
But.....I struggled having exante because I craved food like mad hence eventually messed up every weekend took ages longer than on lipotrim to get back into ketosis and nearly give up :( decided to have a go back on lipotrim this week and iv sailed through since Monday so far. I was wondering if it was because the exante bars are TOO nice? Higher calories/carbs? Soups kick off my savoury craving because they taste like real flavours?

Saying all that though I don't see any difference in weight loss what so ever on either diet ( iv done cd ll lt and exante) so the calories don't make any difference from what I gather?

I'm going to get through this week on lipotrim and then straight onto exante but only have shakes to see how that goes.
I mainly want to stick with exante because i don't want to have to leave exante forum :D xxx

Xx hope someone else can give you a proper explanation to the question but that's my 2 bobs worth xxx

I guess it's more in what else the packs contain. I guess having 2 we would only be having two thirds of the daily nutrients we apparently need. In saying that I do sometimes have 2 packs and a cuppa soup. I only go this cos I hate exante soup but miss savoury foods. On days I'm doing this my calorie intake is only 470 approximately but I don't do it for that reason. I've been slated for it in the past but it keeps me on the straight and narrow some days. Ive in no way answered your question ive just realised so sorry for going on, but in my experience lower calorie hasn't had a bad effect on me xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well added up over the course of the week the maths says you should lose 0.4lb more every week.

The packs just have differnt formulations and the only problem is that you are only getting 2/3s of your vits and minerals. At present I'm only haveing 2 packs a day but that due to financial problems the way I see it is that 2/3 of vits and minerals in much much better than I got in my old diet its not going to be long before I start a healthy eating plan anyway.

If you want to try you could always include an extra vitamin tablet?

See, the thing is, I feel absolutely fine on 2. Not hungry, got enough energy etc. Why have an extra 200 cals if I don't feel I need them? I know it's wrong to compare 2 different plans, but after doing CD for so long I can't help it. I can survive on 400 cals. The reason this question has arisen is that I didn't have time to have my third one last night and it just brought the question into my head.

xEeyore said:
Well added up over the course of the week the maths says you should lose 0.4lb more every week.

The packs just have differnt formulations and the only problem is that you are only getting 2/3s of your vits and minerals. At present I'm only haveing 2 packs a day but that due to financial problems the way I see it is that 2/3 of vits and minerals in much much better than I got in my old diet its not going to be long before I start a healthy eating plan anyway.

If you want to try you could always include an extra vitamin tablet?

I can see what you mean. When coming to the end of my 10 weeks on lipotrim before, I made the packs stretch a bit longer by only having 2 a day as i didn't want to come off then and hadn't enough cash to buy another lot but I'm not suggesting anyone should do this so please nobody tell me off :) I always tell people that say it's not healthy or that I'll damaged health doing vlcd that I am getting way more in the nutritional aspect now that I ever had on my silly way of eating ( take away's, fatty high carb high calorie, convenience meals ) that I was on before. So I understand that your saying anything better than that is ok for a short period of time if you feel it is necessary xxx

Mia said:
See, the thing is, I feel absolutely fine on 2. Not hungry, got enough energy etc. Why have an extra 200 cals if I don't feel I need them? I know it's wrong to compare 2 different plans, but after doing CD for so long I can't help it. I can survive on 400 cals. The reason this question has arisen is that I didn't have time to have my third one last night and it just brought the question into my head.

I also felt fine on just 2 shakes a day. I struggled to fit the 3rd in sometimes because I just wasn't hungry. That's what I love about lipotrim over all other vlcd as they make me feeling starving x

I can see what you mean. When coming to the end of my 10 weeks on lipotrim before, I made the packs stretch a bit longer by only having 2 a day as i didn't want to come off then and hadn't enough cash to buy another lot but I'm not suggesting anyone should do this so please nobody tell me off :) I always tell people that say it's not healthy or that I'll damaged health doing vlcd that I am getting way more in the nutritional aspect now that I ever had on my silly way of eating ( take away's, fatty high carb high calorie, convenience meals ) that I was on before. So I understand that your saying anything better than that is ok for a short period of time if you feel it is necessary xxx

I wouldn't go around advising people to have two packs because its obiously better to have all 3 but at present I feel the two packs suit me find and is a healthier way than I was normally eating and I'm sure there are other who feel the same. :)

nomoremuffintop said:
I also felt fine on just 2 shakes a day. I struggled to fit the 3rd in sometimes because I just wasn't hungry. That's what I love about lipotrim over all other vlcd as they make me feeling starving x

I don't want to sound rude but I've never understood that argument for missing packs

Surely the whole thing about bring in ketosis is you're NOT hungry :confused:

I've never found the packs particularly filling and I most certainly dint wait for hunger to signal I need one or I'd be having one every 3 days.

These packs are like medicine - you Have to take the correct dosage every day

Starlight said:
I don't want to sound rude but I've never understood that argument for missing packs

Surely the whole thing about bring in ketosis is you're NOT hungry :confused:

I've never found the packs particularly filling and I most certainly dint wait for hunger to signal I need one or I'd be having one every 3 days.

These packs are like medicine - you Have to take the correct dosage every day

Hey starlight
Good point. I wasn't promoting missing a pack though.
I didn't put forward an argument for not having all 3 shakes. I just said that my past experience was that I felt fine when i did decide to do that but I did only do it for 4 days out of 1 week because I was running out and had no money to get more straight away and knew that if I came off and ate ( even protein ) at that time I wouldn't had got back to it, just the frame of mind I was in then. Like I said I don't recommend that anyone misses a pack but I understood how it could be tempting when you feel full.
I agree that all 3 packs are all important and have to be taken. I can't agree that being in ketosis stops hunger totally for everyone? As iv heard alot of people say that they do and have felt hinger all the way through even when in ketosis. We can only go on our own experience. iv done all of the vlc diets over past 10 years and I just cant get my head around why I seem to cope best on lipotrim? Its not the mist exciting one and not the cheapest so its not like id chose it to be this way! Iv tried to work it out and have mentioned it a few times in my diary. It's so frustrating. I only done 3.5 weeks on exante having a bar soup and shake a day and I just couldn't get into it and stay into it because food always stayed in the back of my mind so I went back to lt to get my self straight and when I have enough money on a week or so I'll order a bumper pack but I'm gonna have just shakes next time and see how I get on. I don't even know if it's hunger or just in my mind? Just because I want doesn't mean I need but how does a brain tell that apart when it's done whatever it's wanted year after year? I'm trying to retrain myself best I can but it's hard. I much prefer everything about exante apart from not feeling satisfied but iv put that down to liking the bars too much and fancying something savoury after having a soup? :( the losses are the same etc and I'm not doubting exante. I love it and will be back to it asap but just shakes to try to kick those cravings out of my head :)
X

I guess I have to sometimes wear my Moderator hat ;)

With Exante not having Councellors like CD etc this forum is the only place we have and I'd hate anyone to come looking for advice and think dropping a pack was wise :)

I do agree about ketosis it doesn't stop the hunger permanently but for many if it it does kill it for a good while which is why we can't rely on the signals from our body :)

Have you considered just getting a shakes pack??

Totally! I don't want anyone to think it's ok to skip a pack but I can't be a hypocrite and tell them off because iv done it :(
Love your moderator hat by the way, suits you ;)

XxxX

Absolutely agree with Starlight.
We are not eating packs to relieve hunger, we are eating them for nutrition!
We shouldn't be waiting for hunger to indicate to us to eat......personally for me, I'm not hungry at all on Cambridge ( nor was I on Exante), so does that mean that I don't need any packs!!! No! Definitely not!!
I will still stay in ketosis by not eating but that doesn't make it healthy, quite the opposite.
We are on the least calories possible to lose weight AND stay healthy...why would anyone want to compromise their own health by reducing that further?
Follow the plan....it is tried and tested.

Just another point, a VLCD is anything 800cals and under, and research shows there is NO difference in 400cals to 800cals with regard weight loss, its the same weight loss upto 800cals! ;)

Back