Exante Newbie - Top Tips! + Other Men?

Ben I also use miles more water in the soups with a pinch of salt, but probably less water in my shakes. Weird how different people have different tastes, isn't it? I wouldn't consider meals or porridge etc but I know some people here absolutely adore them! :)

I won't be ordering any porridge then...

I'm off to a BBQ now... Wish me luck! I have planned to eat just chicken and salmon so shouldn't affect me to much!

With the porridge, I just put a couple of tablet sweetners or some cinnamon in - much better. I also use slightly less water and just nuke it in the microwave. It's the meals that I'm finding difficult at the minute - almost gagging with them - just eating them quickly and washing each mouthful down with a couple of gulps of water. Just over 5 weeks left :(

Hi Waterworks, I haven't experimented with seasoning yet. Will do though. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the porridge tip Jennebel, I'll try that. Can't agree on the meals thought (at least the chilli) I think they're good. Although my #1 are the cereal bars.

Good job Hannah on the 9lbs! My first week weigh in is tomorrow! Lets see how it goes! I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning though and thinking "crikey, where am i disappearing to!?" and I got good comments yesterday and I only hit ketosis on Thursday.

On the exercise front I'm struggling I admit. Even moderate exertion has my heart pumping so hard I can see it through a T-shirt and sometimes it even makes my left shoulder move it pumps so hard. I'm aiming to get the heart rate up twice a day but seeing as that's achieved just by 20 mins of rushing to get out of the house its not much of a goal. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Hi Ben!

Thanks!

It's good to keep active but I definitely wouldn't cope with what I normally do at the gym. In fact when I was trying to up my level before, I stopped losing weight because it must have been just too much. I do an hour on the bike everyday and some kettlebell work but that's it. You should definitely give yourself a couple of weeks to settle though and then I'm sure you wouldn't be so exhausted so quickly.

Are we allowed to add things like spinach?

Im literally sat here now with my spag bol finding it hard to get down! Just cant face it. I even cooked it on the hob wid few extra spices and pepper but just cant deal with it. Im thinking now whether I should have just done shakes :-/

Any tips to make them taste better? Or recommendations on best 1s?

I didn't really like the spag Bol. I did have it with spinach though too. Try the shepherds pie... I really like that. Spinach will be fine though... A good handful won't affect anything at all.

Back