EXANTE: Review Your Best & Worst Shakes/ Meals Here

Ketoveggie

I thought it would be nice to have somewhere we could share taste experiences good and bad.

What's your go to meals/shakes?
Which do you avoid and why?
Do you have any tips to share on adding herbs/ spices?
Are there any shakes which you would recommend having hot?

So my favourite ones are Strawberry and Chocolate. I make these with water out of the fridge and add ice. So much nicer when really cold and the ice cubes seem to make them creamier.

My least favourite, so far has to be the coconut, not a fan of the gritty texture.

I always add a pinch of rock salt to the Chocolate shakes which adds a bit of depth to the flavour.

I love having a hot vanilla of an evening. Tastes like a malty drink and I find it helps me to relax and it seems to be more filling than making it cold, so I don't go to sleep feeling hungry.

I've not tried many of the meals, only three, so far. Sweet & Sour Noodles, thought they were bland at first but eventually looked forward to having them at teatime. ( seem to be out of stock a lot ) Curry looks a bit funky on the plate to say the least! :classic_eek: Has a kick to it not sure if this will grow on me or not, it's ok if you're in need of some spice.
Butternut squash & potato soup had some for my lunch today. I mixed it with boiling water but by the time you've mixed all the lumps out of it, it's cooled down and I like really hot soup so stuck it in the micro for a min and it came out looking creamier than it went in. Has a really nice hearty, stodgy taste to it, very filling. I would buy this again.

Oh one more I forgot about. White chocolate & Raspberry shake I only bought two of these to try and it's has to be my absolute favourite. Lovely hot or cold. :)

I didn't like any of the 'smoothies' they all seemed to have a weird taste. Had to order a few when stock was low on the shakes.

Last edited:
Ooh good thread.

My absolute favourites are almond vanilla and chocolate mint.

I like chocolate with added cinnamon. The only bar I like is lemon one.

I absolutely dislike the sweet and sour noodles and the honey Combe shake 🤮

Tolerate the vanilla, coconut and maple flapjack.

Looking forward to trying the new flavours just hope they have them in when I do my next order!!

I might give the flapjacks a go when I do my next order, along with one of the new flavour shakes ( apple and peardrop)

I don't really like the low sugar ones as I find them a bit of a weird texture. Love the regular coconut, banana, choc mint and the new Apple and pear and fruit salad are new favourites! I can't get on with the savoury 'food' packs which is a shame as I do crave savoury things at times, soup isn't too bad. I found the biscuits left a strange, bitter aftertaste but all the choc bars are nice occasionally. I freeze them to make them extra chewy and stop them melting.

I'm only on day 5 but have been trying all the different options at every meal.

Good: all the bars thus far! So far: peanut butter, chocolate orange. Chocolate caramel is ok but not as good as the others. Chocolate coconut is ok, bit salty! Also really handy for when out and about. And whilst watching bake off 😊
Chocolate, strawberry shake
Indian curry - spicier than anticipated!
Pasta carbonara - needs pepper and is essentially parmesan slop, but tasty!
Pasta, ham and mushroom soup - really nice but not overly filling
Lemon pancake - very filling indeed and a lovely change
Chocolate, butterscotch dessert - so good!

Just fine:
Spaghetti Bolognese - also really salty
Shepherd's pie
Black bean thing - also in a cup so really easy for work, essentially works just like a pot noodle
Chocolate smoothie - just why when the shake is so nice! Felt watery in comparison

Inedible:
Cheese and bacon eggs. Has a weirdly sweet flavour, I couldn't finish it

Last edited:
I don't really like the low sugar ones as I find them a bit of a weird texture. Love the regular coconut, banana, choc mint and the new Apple and pear and fruit salad are new favourites! I can't get on with the savoury 'food' packs which is a shame as I do crave savoury things at times, soup isn't too bad. I found the biscuits left a strange, bitter aftertaste but all the choc bars are nice occasionally. I freeze them to make them extra chewy and stop them melting.
I do like the idea of freezing bars - must try that, thank you!

My favourite shakes are lemon cheesecake, coconut and cookies&cream. I HATE chocolate and cherry flavours. Lol i never imagined i would ever write "i hate chocolate" in any context!
I find that most of them are much nicer - and last longer - if i freeze them. I make them up, pop them in the freezer for an hour, beat them to about double their volume with my electric mixer, then put them back in the freezer for about another hour

I haven't found any shakes that I don't like so far. I thought that I wouldn't like the banana but I did! Sweet and Sour noodles was lovely too.

My staple breakfast is almond and vanilla. Love the idea of having the vanilla hot in the evening! Like most flavours of the shakes, low sugar ones I just can’t drink though. I much prefer shakes to savoury options- and don’t find the bars as filling as the shakes. Would really them to add a low dough type option tho sometimes I’d just really like a sandwich!
Looking forward to trying the Christmas flavours.

My favourite shakes are lemon cheesecake, coconut and cookies&cream. I HATE chocolate and cherry flavours. Lol i never imagined i would ever write "i hate chocolate" in any context!
I find that most of them are much nicer - and last longer - if i freeze them. I make them up, pop them in the freezer for an hour, beat them to about double their volume with my electric mixer, then put them back in the freezer for about another hour
Does it make ice cream?

I'm going to try the Indian Dahl this evening if I eat at uni (because it's what I brought with me). But I'm tempted to go home and have another Caramel Latte Frappe with coffee in! Although perhaps best not to caffeine up so close to bedtime! lol

I started drinking decaf after lunch and slept 8 and a half hours last night for the first time in I don’t know when!! Think good for weight loss lol

Okay, I've caved and come home for another caramel latte frappe. It was just too tempting! I've also ordered another 10 lol Probably shouldn't have them for breakfast and dinner EVERY day, but I could definitely see myself having one daily to start my day off with a spoonful of coffee and some crushed ice. I think this could be a lifesaver for me. It's awesome to have something I look forward to and which genuinely feels like a treat :)

I thought it would be nice to have somewhere we could share taste experiences good and bad.

What's your go to meals/shakes?
Which do you avoid and why?
Do you have any tips to share on adding herbs/ spices?
Are there any shakes which you would recommend having hot?

Worst shake raspberry and white choc tastes of nothing, cherries and berries, cookies and cream, coconut likewise not much flavour

Shakes I prefer, all the choc variants, honeycomb, toffee caramel (which I mix with coffee to make caramel cappuccino), lemon cheesecake

Bars I hate the double chocolate

Best choc covered bars peanut butter, coconut, choc caramel, and I like the crispy bars

Best Meals curry, chili, sweet n sour noodles

Soups no thanks to all of them not psychologically or physically filling

Desserts no thanks flavourless and u appealing

Really interesting to read of different likes and dislikes here! How we differ! I love all the shakes but the festive range candy cane and stollen are my present favourites. I like the new curry in packets too and find it far less spicy then the older ones in cartons. Apple crumble and custard is my favourite pud.

I really like the lemon cheesecake shake. It's good when I want something sweet.

Back