Exante

found it on google sounds ok .£49 is not a bad price for a week cheaper than ll but more than cd or lt .Not many flavours to pick from but the no aspatem will apeal to a few on here .Are you giving it a go keep us informed with what you think xxx

Will let you know. You have done fantastically well - bravo.

I lost on LL but have put 2 stone back on so am now battling on again.

Cheers

Thanks Dancing, can anyone see on that site what is actually in their products? I can only find what ISN'T lol!

Dee x

Ahh, found it in the FAQ's.

Looks like CD without as many flavours. Interesting...

Dee x

They have more calories - 204 per sachet, does this not mean it is not VLCD as it would be more than 600 a day? Or have I got the figure wrong?

I think I'm going to try it. The packs by post would be so much more convenient for me. As well as the option for a more natural product, which I would also prefer.

Having said that, I think I'll still follow the CD guidelines around the foods that you can eat while following a VLCD, I'm currently on the 790 plan, so I'm just going to substitute my CD packs for these for a few weeks and see how I get on.

Funny though, I still feel rather loyal to CD, after all, I really appreaciate it as a whole wiegh loss programme including all the information they give and the different plans. Much more than just packs which exante appear to be (so far).

Anyway, not going to give it a go for a few weeks yet, I've still got two weeks worth of CD packs to get through. I'll let you know what it's like when I do

Dee x

Sorry for late reply.

I have tried it and the flavours are very bland and you can only have 3 packs a day. As we are putting ourselves through this I feel that we should at least like them (well slightly anyway).

Carry on with Cambridge at least it is quite tasty and you get used to the flavours and even start to enjoy them after a while.

If anyone is still interested, I have been using Exante for a couple of weeks now.
I have had three of the flavours, Chocolate, Vanilla and Thai Chicken. And I really like them! The sweet ones are not nearly as sweet as CD, I have had to add a little sweetener (but it's not effected my losses, see my sig) but if I do they are delicious. The chocolate one tastes just like a bar of dark chocolate and the vanilla is really like melted ice-cream (like they say on their website). Just not as sweet!
The thai chicken is lovely just as it is.

The packs have less of a tendancy to lump than CD, but maybe because I've never had a hand blender, only a shaker/drink bottle thing. I think they are less powdery than CD too.

Having said all of that, I do like the range of flavours that CD offer and I have just found a new CDC who is going to deliver to me. What more could I ask for in convenience than that?? So I'm going back to CD.

But if you fancy giving Exante a try, I would recommend it. They also give you a lot of information, all the details of what's in the packs and also a booklet on following a VLCD sensibly along with recipe examples for when you come off. All in all, it's very much like CD.

Dee x

hi
i started on the exante diet on Friday.Its very similar to LL and Cambridge. I guess the only/main difference is that it is a more natural product.
I think the flavours are very limited but they taste quite nice - i have tried vanilla ,chocolate and the tomato and basil so far.The tomato and basil is delicious .
I have done lighter life before but i think these flavours are nicer.
Any way i'll post as to how i am getting along
Christine

Hi I started Exante 2 weeks ago, first week lost 5lbs, but I have had a bad second week. Finding it really difficult, the shakes are fine, the soups I am not to keen on, the bars I find are very salty. Maybe it is just me? I have not had any headaches, which I always get on diets. I am not hungrey during the day but I find the evenings very difficult.
But I have 2 weeks of products left, 4 a day, so i will continue with it. I know in the evenings I can have a low cal meal and carry on having my shakes, soups, bars during the day if I am struggling. The weight loss will be slower but might be more suitable for me as I am really finding it difficult. I see my consultant on Monday for the first time in 2 weeks as she has been on holiday, so a good chat might help. Anyway I will see how I get on this week and try not to give up as I really need to do this.

how you doing aisha x

my main problem with exante is just how constipated it made me.

much more painful and severe than LL and CD. I followed instructions to the letter

the consultant didn't want to know and head office ignored my emails, I called and the very rude woman hung up on me.

i could up with the bad taste if the staff were good, but I prefer my LL 'friend' rather than a faceless company

I intended to join LL but having attended the information session and met with the LLC I had my doubts as to whether I wanted to go as I didn't think it would suit me - having to go to collect my food packs each week and doing the group thing - just not me so when I stumbled across Exante (I was actually looking for CD) on the internet I thought I'd give it ago.
The packs delivered to home has made it easy and I have found that if I have had any questions they have always provided the answers.

Although I tried all the products I can't manage any of the soups (apart from vegetable) or the cereal bars so have had a very limited diet for the best part of 11 weeks. I am now a few days away from completion of my 12th week on TS and my BMI has just dropped into the healthy range from being on the overweight/obese point. The Dr checked my blood pressure before starting and every 4th week since and he has been so positive about doing it and the practice nurse has offered to keep up the checks and provide any assistance I need as I start to introduce food which is now not far away.

I think the thing about these vlcds is that everyone needs to find what suits them and what they can tolerate for however long they are on them and if that means trying one and moving on because it doesn't suit then that's all part of the process. It also depends on the time and commitment that can be made to attending sessions etc.

Whatever vlcd anyone is on I wish them the very best of luck.

Hi dancing I started today and soo far i feeeel gooood!!!! I know I have a long way to go but I will take each day at a time..how are you doing so far?

Back