Excel Slimming World Record

Thanks Squiddie, I have tried inputting my data and I am getting errors on the dashboard - it isn't giving predicted dates to reach the goals I have put in.

Whoops - I hadn't filled in the expected weekly weight loss field. sorry

Hi Sleepy59, I've now added the additional instructions I meant to say in the original post - thanks for letting me know.

-Don't worry if you get errors and odd results until you have input all of the essential information - that is start date, height, weight, goal weights, and weekly loss aim.

-You'll also notice a whole bunch of errors in the record tab when the dashboard details are empty - don't worry these will go away.

-If you want to explore and tinker with the formulas then you can unlock the sheets by going to Review > Unlock Sheet - there is no password.

-If you do notice errors after you have put in all the essential information then do let me know.

Natt

Thank you for all the kind comments.

As requested here is a version that uses stones & pounds and feet & inches. I'm assuming that there wouldn't be a lot of people who would want it available in kg and m - but if it turns out there is I will try to come up with something. Also I *think* the maths for working out the goal dates is slightly off (I was getting some odd numbers on my personal record) so I've rewritten the formulas. Apologies if this affects you.

Lastly please remember when you get to the end of the weigh-ins in the table, just weigh-in underneath as normal and the table will automatically expand.

Thanks
Natt

View attachment 59024

View attachment 59025

Thanks for the "stones" one much appreciated - I have just rep'd you and so you deserve it ;o)

Hiya...with the stones file I've inputted my stats in the dashboard, but the record is showing weigh ins for 3/8/2012 and another two weeks after that that aren't my details (it's filled in the three weeks for me as if I'd lost my target of 1.5lb per week). How can I sort this out? xx

P.S. If I unprotect the record and delete the weigh in figures in the record it doesn't copy the formulas down into the next row. I'm confused!

Last edited:
Hey Squiddie,

I remember you from last time and always liked your simple explanations for some aspects of the plan i.e. why not to look at calories. My OH and I have just decided to get back on plan (again) so it'll be nice to see you here again.

Just downloaded the files - off to fill them in now!

Thanks,
Trinity x

Hi Squiddie - this is unbelievable, thanks so much. I've just downloaded the stones one. I put in all my data in the green cells, and added all weigh ins from last November but the dashboard doesn't seem to be working properly. I've achieved Club 10 and first Interim Target yet it's still giving me a "weight to go" value and says NA in the predicted date. It's giving me a BMI greater than I am now, and no info on biggest gain, total maintains etc. It's saying I've only lost 6lbs - so looks like it's only taking into account my first two WI's??? Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?

Hi Squiddie - this is unbelievable, thanks so much. I've just downloaded the stones one. I put in all my data in the green cells, and added all weigh ins from last November but the dashboard doesn't seem to be working properly. I've achieved Club 10 and first Interim Target yet it's still giving me a "weight to go" value and says NA in the predicted date. It's giving me a BMI greater than I am now, and no info on biggest gain, total maintains etc. It's saying I've only lost 6lbs - so looks like it's only taking into account my first two WI's??? Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?

This is odd, I will look into this and fix it ASAP apparently using stones and feet is more complicated than using pounds and inches that I thought! In the meantime if you want to play around with it, look for the little triangle in the last cell of the notes column and pull it down - this will make sure all the new data is included in the table.

Hiya...with the stones file I've inputted my stats in the dashboard, but the record is showing weigh ins for 3/8/2012 and another two weeks after that that aren't my details (it's filled in the three weeks for me as if I'd lost my target of 1.5lb per week). How can I sort this out? xx

P.S. If I unprotect the record and delete the weigh in figures in the record it doesn't copy the formulas down into the next row. I'm confused!
This is my fault I didn't change the formula from when I was testing. I am going to fix this stones record once and for all! From what I can tell the pounds version is working fine.

This is odd, I will look into this and fix it ASAP apparently using stones and feet is more complicated than using pounds and inches that I thought! In the meantime if you want to play around with it, look for the little triangle in the last cell of the notes column and pull it down - this will make sure all the new data is included in the table.

The triangle is right at the bottom of the table, in the last cell. I can't drag is down any further :S

I've downloaded the pounds one to try instead, and everything works perfectly apart from the predicted dates for future losses. I have 6lbs left till my next target and it's predicting June 2013 :S

Morning all!

*HOPEFULLY* this will be the last version of the stones version (other than improvements), it should be working OK. Of course let me know if it's not.
Please remember to add 0's on round numbers, for example if your weight is 16st, please make sure to put 16 0. The same with height if you are 5ft, please put 5 0.

Edit: thanks to Chipmunk89 all problems *should* now be fixed in both records. Please accept my apologies for any hassle it has caused you. I am trying my best as a non-professional weight loss enthusiast.

View attachment 59245
View attachment 59246

Last edited:
Hiya! I've downloaded the updated version and the dashboard seems to be working fine. The only thing I've noticed is that in the Record the values for weight loss to reach Club 10, IT1, IT2 and PTA aren't correct from the dashboard and they don't seem to be changing from the first row (although I only have set of weigh in data to input at the moment). I don't think I've inputter anything incorrectly, but you never know, lol! :)

Hiya! I've downloaded the updated version and the dashboard seems to be working fine. The only thing I've noticed is that in the Record the values for weight loss to reach Club 10, IT1, IT2 and PTA aren't correct from the dashboard and they don't seem to be changing from the first row (although I only have set of weigh in data to input at the moment). I don't think I've inputter anything incorrectly, but you never know, lol! :)

Ah I was so close - just one wrong formula! I've updated it.

Edit: thanks to Chipmunk89 all problems *should* now be fixed in both records. Please accept my apologies for any hassle it has caused you. I am trying my best as a non-professional weight loss enthusiast.

View attachment 59245
View attachment 59246

Last edited:
Ah I was so close - just one wrong formula! I've updated it.

View attachment 59187

Thanks so much Nat, it's working for me now - everything apart from the predicted date for the targets I haven't achieved yet. Still saying June 2013 to lose 4.5lbs. I hope not haha! This is excellent though - thank you so much!

Oh dear I take that back. My total lost to date isn't right, and it's saying I've only lost 10% when I've lost about 25 :S Is this just me? Am I being useless and doing something wrong lol?

This is why I'm hopeless with excel, it just all seems like too much hard work!

I'm giving up saying this is the latest and this is the last one. I'm just going with hope and thank you all for being understanding and not throwing abuse at me for being a bit rubbish with this. It was all going to go so well in my head.

Thanks to Chipmunk89 all problems *should* now be fixed in both records. Please accept my apologies for any hassle it has caused you. I am trying my best as a non-professional weight loss enthusiast.

View attachment 59245
View attachment 59246

Natt

Don't be silly, you're not at all rubbish with this. That spreadsheet is amazingly complicated, I am still very impressed and this is such a good idea, I cant thank you enough :)

Back