Excel Spreadsheet/Weight Loss Chart

SharonA_1970

Has anyone else done a weight loss spreadsheet and/or chart in excel? I have been entering all my data into a very basic spreadsheet on excel but I can't figure out how to get the chart facility working. Was just wondering if anyone else has done one they would mind sharing?

I have done one, but I'm trying to avoid logging into my work IT account whilst I'm recovering. More than happy to clean mine up and make it simpler (I do a lot of manual things in mine each week for predictions and averages)

But all you need to do is select the relevant date and weight cells (hopefully your chart has a date column and your actual weight that week next to one another - if not, just insert a weight column next to the date column and copy the values of your actual WI results to that column or do a simple = formula and drag it down that column) and once you've selected them run the chart wizard and I usually pick the simple line graph - if you want to get clever you can then add in a column for your predicted weight loss each week using a simple ='cellabove'-3 formula and do a two line graph with a comparison against a 3lb a week loss. I'm not altogether sure how I would share an excel file...
but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

Hi Sharon

I think Karion Dieting and Sarah (Cerulean) are fans of Excel (fantastic at dieting and fantasic at database management!!!).

I would LOVE a spreadsheet template...but sadly, am so technically challenged.

In my obsessive way, I would love one that showed AM and PM weights!! Sad, I know but at least I am honest!

Good luck and great suggestion!

Mrs L xxx

Sarah yours would be awesome if you don't mind sharing once you are better. I tried what you suggested but its just making me cross now lol it keeps putting stuff in the wrong place. I even got the manual out and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Maybe you could email your file when you get back to work if its not too much trouble?

No probs - I have a mac at home so I can't do anything in excel from here - will entertain myself at work tomorrow by cleaning up a template for you!

Thanks Sarah u are a diamond. Please don't feel there is a rush if you have loads to catch up on just when you get time. BTW hope your mouth is feeling better now, I did feel for you when I saw the swollen picture.

I'll be taking it easy at work tomorrow - I'm going in to do some work on - guess what - some graphs - anyway - so I will just go and catch up on my email, do my monthly reports and spend 10 mins making a simple graph spreadsheet for minis - then come home at lunchtime ;)

I think Karion Dieting and Sarah (Cerulean) are fans of Excel

Sarah yours would be awesome

Sad4.gif

LOL.

No problem;) Actually, I might email it to you anyway, then you can add both of ours together and get twice the weightloss:cool::D

No problem;) Actually, I might email it to you anyway, then you can add both of ours together and get twice the weightloss:cool::D

Karion,

I would appreciate it if you could email it to me too.

Thanks in anticipation :D

Karion - LOL at your LOL...

I downloaded mine from the microsoft website it has all the columns and graphs and it was free :)

Cool:cool: I looked there before I made mine up, but they only had American ones where you have to enter details in pounds :( Can't be doing with multiplying by 14 first thing in the morning. Even with a calculator :D

How do you get stones and pounds to calculate in Excel?

A:1=B1*14+C1

where cell B = stones and C = pounds.

The chart refers to pounds though, but the details are entered as stones and pounds.

Ah - cool - I just couldn't work out how you'd got the graph to us them...thanks!

Oh my God, I'm having a Lost in Translation moment!

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about!

Thanks so much for offering to do this (I'm a Mac girl myself) and I look forward to embracing technology!

A Technically-Challenged Mrs L (pathetic, I know)! xxxx

Back