excercise and SS

bubbles

thought id post this here as well to get views on anyone else doing excercise!

Hi All
Im on my second week of SS and ive been going to gym as i really got into going my first time of doing diet back in 2006. I have been going for 30-40 mins 3 times a week. However first week i lost 7 pounds, this week nothing at all. Just did a post on pink site and had a comment that i shouldnt be excercising and i wont lose weight as my body will be going into starvation mode if i do etc so basically to up my calories or stop gym. I dont want to do either so was wondering if anyone else did SS and gym and other peoples opinions. Not saying this lady is wrong at all just interested in what others think thanksx

Hiya bubbles,

I've started going to the gym and my doctor has signed me off to do it. I'm just starting my third week of ss. I've done one aqua aerobics class and 1 gym session (just treadmill, resistance and some very light free weights). My intention is to firm up what I have. I know Im not consuming enough protein to build new muscle. I've also heard that lactic acid is realeased when you exercise and this could slow down weight loss.
Best thing to do would be to speak to the fitness instructors and get their advice, keep drinking the water and stop if you feel light headed.
Pinks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. i was just surprised when i was told id stop losing weight altogether!!? i didnt want to mention it to the fitness guys as they said to me your not doing any stupid diets are you, i just thought mmm not sure i want an argument about it so said no just calorie counting (not a complete lie!!)

You have NO carbs going into your body. Well, you do, but none to spare.
Cardio excercise (treadmills etc, anything that gets your heart rate up) requires carbs to burn fat. That is why your weight loss has stopped this week.
Do stretching and toning, yoga, pilates, swimming and walking.

ive only just gone and paid for 12 months now and now find its a waste of time i may as well come off SS all this hard work for nothing! thanks for your replies, appreciate it xx

have just replied on the pink site to you.

don't give up exercising. things will start moving again.

i'm on ss and i go 3 times a week and i....

run for 12 mins, do interval bike training for 15 mins, cross trainer on interval training for 30 mins, i sometimes also row for 15 mins and i also do weights.

i loose between 3.5lb and 4.5lb a week. i'm into week 9 now and have never ever had a no loose week.

maybe take it easy and work on a lower heart rate to burn fat but not many cals.

i've got a polar watch so i work within my heart rate limits and basically burn 50% body fat whilst working out. on average i burn between 500-700 cals per work out, on average 1600 per 3 times.

you will not go into starvation mode. just drink a little more and slow down to fat burning pace rather than cardio pace.

I was doing 10 mins on rower, 15-20 minutes on bike then walking on treadmill for 15 mins, i wasnt pushing myself really badly i felt tired but wasnt sweating buckets or anything. I dont feel like going now ive got it in my head thats the reason ive now not lost for 8 days. I am tempted to come off cambridge altogether as its not worth doing if it makes me this depressed! i dont expect massive losses every week but to not lose anything and actually put on a pound is soul destroying!!

I was doing 10 mins on rower, 15-20 minutes on bike then walking on treadmill for 15 mins, i wasnt pushing myself really badly i felt tired but wasnt sweating buckets or anything. I dont feel like going now ive got it in my head thats the reason ive now not lost for 8 days. I am tempted to come off cambridge altogether as its not worth doing if it makes me this depressed! i dont expect massive losses every week but to not lose anything and actually put on a pound is soul destroying!!

Bubbles, its very possible, Try laying off the excercise for a week and see what happens :)

Back