Excercised too & lost less. week 2

Gillyii

Hi, I have just completed week 2. Lost 4.5lbs week 1 & I was delighted. Then week 2 I really went for it & went running (2miles) 4 times in the week, got weighed on Monday & only lost 0.5lb. I was gutted as I had worked so hard. Has this happened to any of you?

Its very common. Week 2 is notorious anyway as your body fights backs against the sudden week 1 loss. Then add exercising to the mix and you often see people sts or gaining because your muscles retain fluid to repair themselves. All you can do is carry on and drinks loads of water :)

PatchworkPuss said:
Its very common. Week 2 is notorious anyway as your body fights backs against the sudden week 1 loss. Then add exercising to the mix and you often see people sts or gaining because your muscles retain fluid to repair themselves. All you can do is carry on and drinks loads of water :)

Exactly this! Remember to give your muscles time to recover, or they will be filled with fluid which will look like a gain. If you're being true to the plan, then this isn't a true weigh in. It's probably retained fluid/glycogen etc. paradoxically the more you drink the less fluid you retain so make sure you are drinking enough for your body weight and exercise ( I believe there are calculators for fluid needs google for it). Measure yourself too x

Agree agree agree with the fab (as always!) advice from Patchwork and Shirleen.

Another way of looking at it...try and think of your weigh loss over the two weeks. You've lost 5lb in just 2 weeks! That's 2.5lb per week, which is fantastic! An "average" loss is 1-2lb per week, so you're absolutely smashing that!

Thanks ladies, I know 5lbs is fab, just one of those things you get excited week 1 & then can't help gettin disappointed LOL Won't get out as much running now anyways had my folks visiting last week, so had loads of free time. Don't get that usually with 2 wee ones, be lucky to get out twice a week. Thanks for advice x

top advice here from the ladies above...Keep at it and you will have a great next week and every week!! a lot of people don't believe in body magic/exercise along with slimming world but i think it helps maintain a more consistent weight loss week after week

The same thing happened to me in weeks 3 & 4 when I was doing 30 Day Shred. I got quite disheartened so decided to stop shredding and focus on scales losses until I'm in the 10s, at which point I want to do a pre-holiday tone-up! On the flip side, during the weeks I didn't lose pounds, I was losing inches. So would recommend measuring as well as weighing for added motivation :) xx

Hi, this is my second week too and the same thing has happened with me. I lost 5.5lb my first week and this week i've lost half a lb! I've stayed with the plan and stuck to it despite being seriously disappointed. The good thing is that we have both looked for answers rather than giving up. That's something to be proud of I think. :)

Back