Excerise i can do at home

Sarahv25

Always welcome new m8's!
I want to firm up a bit. My problem area is my "wings". upper arms and tummy mainly but i was wondering if anyone knew of some not to harsh exercises i can do to get a handle on this!

I have a mini-trampoline which is well cool!

Apparently, (according to the OH who has researched the thing for hours!), it is one of the best ways of keeping trim and fit. You gradually build up the time you spend on it and it is something like 64% more beneficial than jogging for an hour or so! And that's only spending 20 mins on it. Believe me though, to start with 5 mins feels like a life time. It can tone up all muscles whilst you are bouncing and you can even do stomach crunches whilst you kind of lie on it- this helps to stop you hurting your back.

As for toning of arms- use cans or jars of stuff from your cupboard and do sets of 20 for about 10 mins a day (you can do 5 mins in the morning and 5 in the evening). I have been doing this for a couple of weeks and it seems to help.

Ah coolies! sounds good but i cant afford a trampoline and i dont really trust my ankles (v weak, often twisting) but maybe its something i can look into when im a little lighter!

Hello again!

Mini trampolines (or trampettes) don't have to be expensive, I was given mine but I have checked argos and they have quite a selection ranging from 15-40 squids. I have the very page right here:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID69/10199532/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|10199392/c_2/2|cat_10199392|Home+gym+equipment|10199523/c_3/3|cat_10199523|Trampolines+and+trampettes|10199532.htm

I know it's a bleeding long link isn't it?! The thing with trampettes are that they are completely impact free, so your ankles should be fine. I have slack tendons in my ankles, which are prone to 'move' about which really hurts- but this has never happened whilst on the rebounder. Not only that, my kids love it and the OH has started using it a lot and has lost 1/2 stone in 2 weeks just from bouncing!! He does approx 15 mins a day now, but started from just 5.

I cannot recommend them more :)

Hmmm.... an exercise for your arms that you can do in the privacy of your own home ? ;)

Must.....resist.... typing....smut.... so....hard..... :D

Lol!!

Naughty, naughty........ well, that's ok for you men. What about us laydeez?? :D

Lol!!

Naughty, naughty........ well, that's ok for you men. What about us laydeez?? :D

Surely it's all in the wrist too ? :D

Wii fit ??

Surely it's all in the wrist too ? :D

We are totally gonna get this thread shut down!! lmao!

for the old bingo wings, bench dips are the best Tricep dips: Sit on a step or sturdy chair with your hands beside your thighs. Balance on your arms and move your backside in front of the step or chair while holding your legs straight. Bend your elbows while lowering your body a few inches and focus on keeping the shoulders down and the elbows parallel to one another and at 90 degrees. Push back up to starting position concentrating on your form. Repeat for 2-3 reps of 15. It's a killer but it works!

-Ignores the smut...absolutely no comment:D-

Ok i think il look them trampolines up! Sounds good!

Thanks for your help...and smut!

I walk up and down the stairs loads whilst doing kind of bicep curls with a 2 litre milk bottle filled with water in each arm i must look a mentalist but itll be bye bye bingo wings and cankles!
Gen x

Haha I might be a complete loser but I love Davina McCall's fitness DVDs! The programmes put together with her personal trainers who are also in the video so its not just another cheesy celebrity dvd.

Anyway, she does boxercise in one and a similar one in another and my arms got really toned from all the punching! There are some skipping intervals to keep the heart rate up (without a rope, basically jumping on the spot) but you can easily miss them out as they only last a minute.

I walk up and down the stairs loads whilst doing kind of bicep curls with a 2 litre milk bottle filled with water in each arm i must look a mentalist but itll be bye bye bingo wings and cankles!
Gen x

what are cankles?

where your calves blend straight to your feet and you don't have ankles!! Always makes me laugh. I have one friend who has cankles and one friend who says she has legs like chicken legs and they both want to be like the other - mental

Hmmm.... an exercise for your arms that you can do in the privacy of your own home ? ;)

Must.....resist.... typing....smut.... so....hard..... :D

:D:D:D:D

Back