Excersize to burn fat

Hello Ladies and Gents, Ive started hitting the gym again , Ive been doing between 35-45 minutes, I start of with the Arm Bike for 10mins then 15 minutes on the Cross trainer and then 10 mins on the treadmill and combine with some weights. Question is am i doing enough to lose weight! Because so far i haven't lost anything or maybe half a kg. What if any do you do in the gym im frightned that my gym sessions are useless in terms of losing weight weekly :(

I've not been to the gym in months ( had to give up my member ship as we couldn't afford it anymore :(), but my session was the best part of an hour and a half...15 min on bike, 15 mins on cross trainer, 30 mins treadmill, then 2 sets of 15 reps at about 10 of the weight stations.
I miss the gym :( for the moment though, all my cardio is coming from power walking, the exercise bike at home, and the occasional work out on the wii ( very occasional at the moment:rolleyes:)
x

hellooooo :)

I cant afford to go to a Gym or to have equipment at home so I walk as much as possible and do excersise dvds or youtube excersise .... Mind you have a mammouth journey still ahead of me.

Im sure what your doing is fine, and if your worried maybe check with a trainer there to make sure what your doing will help with weight loss rather than muscle

x

Hi I also left the gym because of money but if I am honest I didn't really enjoy it. I do remember though that your heart rate needs to be in the fat burn zone to lose weight. My trainer used to tell me you need to be sweaty and feeling weak but not out of breath!!! Is there a trainer there that can help you?

For those not being able to afford the gym, You can ask your Dr to give you a referral.

Depending on where you live, Some give you membership free or you can get it for a vastly reduced rate.

Xx

did you know you need 3500 calories to lose 1llb..disheartening so dont beat yourself up about it your doing plenty hun xx

For those not being able to afford the gym, You can ask your Dr to give you a referral.

Depending on where you live, Some give you membership free or you can get it for a vastly reduced rate.

Xx

Yeh my docs did that for me, worked out the induction was free but after that I would have to pay, plus I could only go to 2 different Gyms and the nearest was too far financially for me to get there BOO HOO

But definately worth asking as it might work out better for someone else, I was probably unlucky!

Alibalibee I can't believe the difference in your photos, you're incredible!!

xneex, I've been downloading Audio books onto my ipod, then walking until I finish the book, or a certain amount of chapters. there's a park near me with a few hills so I just keep going and that seems to be working for me at the moment. Good luck! x

Alibalibee I can't believe the difference in your photos, you're incredible!!

xneex, I've been downloading Audio books onto my ipod, then walking until I finish the book, or a certain amount of chapters. there's a park near me with a few hills so I just keep going and that seems to be working for me at the moment. Good luck! x

Thats a great idea, Ive just ordered a little Ipod Shuffle to entertain me on my walks, might not be a book but at least I can boogie hee hee

boogieing + walking =double exercise!

i've got my stepper out and am planning to build up some excersize with that and dig ut my mini dumb bells, as well as more walks for now

exercise is vital in my eyes , i do tons & i reckon my sucess is dwn to that to be honest.
you have to eat enough cals though to make sure your body doesnt go into starvation mode which will cause weight to stick , also it improves body & skin along the way of weightloss.

Back