Excess skin - is it avoidable?

silly sausage

Peas on Earth
I was reading an old Rosemary Conley magazine last night. In it was the story of a woman, Kerry Pillai, who had lost 10st 6lb. There was a photo of her in her bra and knickers and she did not have a single stretch mark or ounce or excess skin.

Kerry did a lot of aerobic exercise. Could this be the key to avoiding excess skin? Or is there any vitamins, creams or potions that anyone can recommend?

This is one of my fears! I have seen programmes where people have lost lots of weight and ended up having to have surgery to remove excess skin. x

Aerobics, water and a good firming cream so ive heard :) Ive been using Avon firming cream and I can really see results x

I'm 54 and have dieted and regained weight for the last 15 - 18 years ! I have a very flobby stomach - I don't think I could firm it up at my age and after so many attempts - but I'd rather be 10 stones with the flobby stomach (when I get there - still a way to go) than have a firm BIG FAT BELLY which I had previously.

If you're a lot younger than me, I can see how you would be worrying though.

Doesn't answer your question but I know the girl you have mentioned! I used to work with her about 11 years ago and she is married to an old schoolfriend of mine!

I've only seen her in passing lately but I know (from facebook) that she is now extremely active and does lots of exercise classes!

x

This is what I'm dreading and seriously considering surgery when I'm at target. After having 2 children I had the floppy, flappy belly drooping down, I'm losing and it is getting smaller (I think) but I don't think I'm ever going to have a stomach like a pussycat doll lol! It's horrid! It actually makes me feel ill touching it! :(

I think stomach crunches and plain old exersise it the best way to tone up girlies x

Execrcise, creams, etc can play their part. but a lot is down to nature unfortunately - some people get away with little skin, some will have lots.

Unfortunately - it's too late for me - i just have to be resigned to having the skin - but i'd rather have the loose skin then be carting around the overweight adult that i used to have.

I think alot depends on age. The younger you are the more elasticity you will have in your skin so it usually pings back ok :)

If I have any when I'm done, I'll be looking for a surgeon with a very sharp knife :D

I think it's a combination of factors: activity levels, genetics, age and just plain luck!

I'm hoping I'll strike it lucky, 1st 1.5lbs left and seem to be mostly together, doing lots of swimming to keep toning!

my kangaroo pouch belly i can live with, spanx are very good :)

what i hate and always have is my bingo wings, i use weights on my arms but i fear its just to late, i dont think the skin will ever tone up.

i would love to wear vest tops in the summer but thats never going to happen.

but hey shrugs are good , for celluilte i use avons strtch mark cream, its amazing, and it has got rid of 90% of my tummy stretch marks. i have used it for years but i can def recommend it but it wont happen overnight

Back