excess skin

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
hi guys!

With 8.5 stone to loose, i'm worried about the remaining excess skin when i reach goal.

Any tips on what i can do to tone skin (pref non surgical)

I have this same worry i think we are the same weight so we have the same to loose ...im gunna start busking for a tummy tuck im all for surgery !!! so i havent looked into non surgical ways i guess drinking lots of water and the fact we have youth on our side will help loads x

This comes up a lot - if you do a forum search you'll find quite a few posts discussing it.

What I can say is that you may be pleasantly surprised. You may not end up with as much excess skin as you think, particularly if age and good genes are on your side.

Tummy tucks are not for the faint hearted. I think, to be honest, if I'm left with excess skin, I'll just tuck it in my knickers... :D I'd rather be slimmer with a little bit of wobbly flesh than have what is, after all, a major operation.

i hope so!!!

I have bio oil which i believe helps. I'm thinking of investing in a cellulite cream (a good one) to see if it improves my skin and tones me up a bit.

I just want to try other ways before i think of surgery. there is no telling at the moment what my skin will be like when i reach goal but i want to help the process as much as possible.

Plus, when my hubby eats, thats when i wizz to the bathroom and indulge in a candle lit bath then pamper myself with these products (stops me being tempted to eat lol)

I'm just eager to know if anyone can recommend something ?

x x x

Hey all just thought id pop by and give you my experiences on the loose skin senario i have almost lost 7stone on the diet with 1stone to to go and i can say the loose skin is not half as bad as i thought it would be i have a little on my bust and after 2 children obviously some on my tummy small unnocitable bits on the inner thighs and abit of bingo wings i moisturise every day and drink lots of water and i think with some toning exercises i really shouldnt come off to badly besides whats a little saggy skin in places i think i will notice it more than anybody else and really isnt too bad at all. hope this helps x

Hey all just thought id pop by and give you my experiences on the loose skin senario i have almost lost 7stone on the diet with 1stone to to go and i can say the loose skin is not half as bad as i thought it would be i have a little on my bust and after 2 children obviously some on my tummy small unnocitable bits on the inner thighs and abit of bingo wings i moisturise every day and drink lots of water and i think with some toning exercises i really shouldnt come off to badly besides whats a little saggy skin in places i think i will notice it more than anybody else and really isnt too bad at all. hope this helps x

Thats great to know thanks sweet - I think I am going to stick to my plan of using cellulite cream alongside the diet and some exercise on the wii fit. And obviously plenty of water.

Thanks for your help hun, and wow to your 7 stone loss, i imagine you feel absolutely amazing, and i bet you look it too :) Well done and all the very best for your last stone. I hope someone will be treating you and spoiling you rotten when you reach goal x x x

I'm getting the same problem (already! I think it's because I'm older and don't 'spring back' so readily) and I'm thinking of going for a good massage to try and tone my skin up a bit (and pamper myself at the same time!).

If I do go and do this, I'll report back to let people know how I got on (and what the masseur/masseuse had to say about it, too.) :)

I'm getting the same problem (already! I think it's because I'm older and don't 'spring back' so readily) and I'm thinking of going for a good massage to try and tone my skin up a bit (and pamper myself at the same time!).

If I do go and do this, I'll report back to let people know how I got on (and what the masseur/masseuse had to say about it, too.) :)

Ooooh a massage how wonderful - i wonder if my hubby will be up to the challenge?! I doubt it, i know what my answer will be, and it's not clean! lol

Do let us know how you got on hun - it'd be great to hear if you benefitted and what the masseur/masseuse says - i hope for your sake it's a young and handsome man, it'll make your massage so much more enjoyable i'm sure!! x x x

i hope for your sake it's a young and handsome man, it'll make your massage so much more enjoyable i'm sure!! x x x
Ooh, don't say that - I might come over all unnecessary, lol! :silly:

Ooh, don't say that - I might come over all unnecessary, lol! :silly:

lol - and whats wrong with that, they say 'coming over unnecessary' can burn calories! lol

lol - and whats wrong with that, they say 'coming over unnecessary' can burn calories! lol
I think Emma needs to start her own forum - called 'BlueMins', lol lol!! :D:D

Hi, I haven't wrote on this forum for so long.

But this was a subject I was really interested in when I started dieting.

I started cambridge mid Nov 08. I'm not dieting at the moment, as they say I'm having my cake & eating it (literally, but chocolate not cake) - but it isn't as bad as it sounds as I'm not gaining any weight. The last month I've just stayed the same, even when it was that time of the month.

So far I've lost about 6 stone, I'm not exactly sure, as before I started CD for 3 weeks I literally starved myself & I think in those 3 weeks I lost alot of weight (but I don't know how much, as I wouldn't go on the scales - if I had I think I would have got really depressed & comfort ate).

Anyway I'm 27 now, I'm approx a size 8-10 (26inch waist) yes I would like to lose abit more weight but with my height & weight I my BMI is just below 20. So I don't need too. That sounds awful me saying, I would like to lose abit more weight, if someone else had wrote that & I read it 6 months ago (I think I would have had "bad" thoughts).

Anyway I haven't got any excess skin, a few silvery coloured stretch marks on my tum & arms (but fake tan covers them).

I know I'm still fairly young, so youth was on my side, but I swear by Palmer's firming butter for after pregnancy & weightloss. I bought loads when I started dieting as it was BOGOF at superdrug. I used it 3x a day, morning, when I got home from work & before i went to bed.

I also did tummy, & other toning exercises I bought an aero pilates machine (and that was amazing especially on my tum & arms) as yes I'm young, but I did notice some wrinkles forming on the bottom of my tum, thanks to exercise (aout 15 minutes of toning exercises a day) that has all gone.

The other thing the best investment of all (for my tum) I am so proud of my tum (in my opinion it looks very good) was a slendertone system abs - it cost just over £100 I think (and i have replaced the pads once) but it is incredible (obviously I advise exercising too, but this gives out body that extra help - we are losing weight quicker than normal diets, so need extra toning, so our skin can keep up with the weightloss). Bruce Lee even used electronic muscle stimulation as part of his fitness program in the 70's.

Obviously drink lots of water, once you have finished CD and are eating make sure you have enough vitamin c (for your skin, otherwise it sags, I heard that on supersize super-skinny)

GOOD LUCK:)

Back