Exercise a yes or a no?? How much??

dolly_daydream

Hi there, just wondering how many people exercise and how much they do? My cousin has been on CD and they told her any exercise is a total NO!

I want to accelerate my weight loss but don't want to over do it so not sure if I should put a limit on what I do :confused: xx

Some people find that too much exercise actually makes their weight loss stall instead of making it go faster.

Exante recommend 20 minutes of gentle exercise a day.

I'm really quite into my exercise and I wanted to run race for life,do u think this is a no whilst on plan?xx

Cool thanks starlight I will do, they might just suggest I eat extra protein. Will let you know what I hear back.xx

im interested to know this too as i do circuit training twice a week and bootcamp once a week. then maybe a 3 mile run if i feel like it!

I started to exercise in week 2, I go for nice long weeks at least once a week, I also go to Body attack twice a week. I wanted to start getting fit and into a routine so that when I come of Exante I have got into a good routine.
I did LL before but didnt exercise at all, so when I came of although I managed to maintain for a year, I slowly got into bad habits and struggled to start an exercise routine.
I woul say exercise but dont over do it, don't push yourself to a point you feel ill. I definitly feel fitter after 4 weeks of exercise. I always make sure I have my pack about an hour before I go to a class so i have some fuel!

just to let you know I have contacted Exante today so hopefully hear from them about the official stance next week.

I enjoy resistance training and want to be toned once all the fat is gone but don't want to do anything that will hinder my weight loss too much.xx

Here's the reply I received for Exante, its a bit cryptic but basically I think its saying wait a few weeks and then exercise as much as you feel comfortable doing.

So I think I will run race for life and just eat some extra protein the night before and the morning of the race. xx

Hi Kate,

Exercise is not counter productive to your weight loss, whilst using Exante. We encourage our customers to exercise as much as possible.

When clients are following the Total Solution, it can sometimes take a couple of weeks for your body to settle down to efficiently use fat for energy, so notice how your body is reacting and if you already exercise adapt your routine to suit. Make sure that you drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
Once your body is geared up to getting energy from fat, then most people report a surge of energy and want to exercise.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries

That's really interesting.

I've done Lipotrim and Exante before and have always exercised as normal on them. I walk 3-4 times a week and play badminton 1-2 times a week and am fine on it. I used to go to the gym 3 times a week too and was absolutely fine. I felt I needed to do these to try and get toned up whilst losing the weight. I'm still walking and doing the badminton and am absolutely fine doing them and like Exante said, I have such feeling of energy I need to do something to burn it off!! I think it's best to just listen to your body and if you feel tired or shakey, just stop what you're doing, rest and drink some water. Good luck!

My cousin did CD and they told her absolutely no exercise so it was her that told me that so I was worried. Gentle exercise I can quite understand would be ok, but I can also understand how hard physical exercise might not be. I will do gentle exercise in my first few weeks depending how I feel and then get back into my normal routine. I like doing resistance routines and running so hopefully I'll be ok.xx

Back