exercise (again)

lost 4lb this week, stuck to my shakes and not ate anything

im doing at least 1 hour hard cardio at least 5 times a week, do you think this could be slowing down my loss?

this week im gona cut it in half and just do half an hour each time i go to the gym to see what happens!

x

From what I read here it could be slowing down your loss. But 4l;b is still a very good loss.

What is your starting weight? Was this your first weigh in?

i agree it could be slowing down your loss if you are burning a lot of calories, bearing in mind you're only getting about 350 a day!

also muscle weighs more than fat so this could be responsible too, however 4lbs a week is pretty fab!!! xxx

this is my third week, first i lost 10lb, then 4lb (but that was coz i ate 2 of the days because i was coming off the diet, but had a rethink!)

x

Last edited:
there's a good chance you'll go into starvation mode california. maybe you should see how the losses come off for a few weeks and if they slow down (as 4 is a good loss) maybe reconsider the diet - perhaps cambridge? they do a program called SS+ which is 3 shakes plus a protein meal - about 810 calories i think which would make your gym work outs near enough perfect for you!

also, dont you get dizzy doing that hard cardio? i get all woozey if i do too much of anything really - even yoga!

xxxx

im just gona cut my gym to half then see what i weigh in at next week!! im really liking lipotrim at the moment so i dont want to think of anything else just yet!! but the whole starvation mode thing makes complete sense!! just a trial and error thing really to see what works best together

nope im used to it yano, it is a lot though i know! xx

Hi California
Nothing much to add, but well done on the weight loss. 4lbs is great, I would be jumping off the rooftops ;-) I suspect it is a bit much and I would do like you say and drop it and see. Then you will be able to judge for yourself.

I would speak to someone who known what theyre talking about maybe head staff at the gym, about doing so much cardio on a VLC diet, or even email Lipotrim directly.
Just sounds excessive to me, I stick to slower excersises and brisk walking on treadmill, which is a fab workout (when i manage to go), just don't want to punish my body without putting in the correct fuel.

Hi
congrats on the weight loss, well done. Hope you get answers on the work out, we don't want you to get sick. Take care.
Doirin

Hi

4lbs is fantastic! But, as everyone said, it could be damaging the speed of your loss. However, a lot of people doing no exercise lose about 4lbs a week!

If I ever get myself to the gym I'm going to steer clear of the cardio & concentrate on toning up a bit. But, I'm sure the gym staff would have a vague idea of what's appropriate. Good luck!!

Hannah

I have spoken to both my pharmacy and to LT direct and they both say that excercise will not slow down your weight loss.

I mentioned the starvation mode and they said that your body will just take the extra calories that are being burned from your fat stores. They said it would only enter starvation if there was no more fat left to supply the needed calories.

I am currently training about 4 or 5 days a week and am doing a mix of cardio and weights as well as power plate exercises. My weight loss hasn't increased since I started but I feel much fitter and my excess skin has shrunk away (this may be to do with the power plate).

Just don't over do it. They told me if I feel fine and have enough energy then there would be no problems.

Hope this helps.

I have spoken to both my pharmacy and to LT direct and they both say that excercise will not slow down your weight loss.

I mentioned the starvation mode and they said that your body will just take the extra calories that are being burned from your fat stores. They said it would only enter starvation if there was no more fat left to supply the needed calories.

I am currently training about 4 or 5 days a week and am doing a mix of cardio and weights as well as power plate exercises. My weight loss hasn't increased since I started but I feel much fitter and my excess skin has shrunk away (this may be to do with the power plate).

Just don't over do it. They told me if I feel fine and have enough energy then there would be no problems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks BigtoSmall...that is good to know! So, if you are feeling fine with it, and LT have said ok, go for it!

Back