Exercise along side slimming world HELP!!!

Wow! What an inspiration to see your achievement. How long did it take you to lose your weight?

Thank you! The first 5 stone took 10 months to lose, and the remaining 2.5 stone took another 10 months. I reached target in May, and have lost the final stone since then.

Well done! You really should b proud of yourself, and for us who are trying you are proof it can be done. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

This will sound really silly..... When i first started sw I wanted to exercise I was doing a hour workout every day upon having 1lbs losses every week then 2 weeks I didn't exercise I had losses of 3lbs each week, so I did a weeks exercise again and had the 1lbs loss again??!! So I don't do any exercise now haha x

When you work out you will burn fat, build a little muscle, your body shape will change especially if weights are involved. So weight loss will be slower, but don't let that stop you exercising. It is better to look nice and toned, with little fat and weigh a little heavier than be a thin person weighing less but with lots of wobbly bits still. Plus exercise gives you energy and makes you feel great.

I work out 4 times a week twice a week with a personal trainer at a cheap local gym and the body changes are amazing losing inches off my body, down two dress sizes but scales are slower. But I promise you this is the best way to loss weight diet and exercise. If you don't like gym work, plenty of home exercise DVDs that you can do at home or even walking and swimming. Anything really that gets you moving is great.

We have a very energetic puppy (he's 7 months old) so he gets a good walk in the park (about an hour) each day and when he's a bit older and his recall is a little better :) he'll be my running buddy!! xx

You should give the 30 day shred a go. I have only recently restarted it myself (day 4 today!) and can already feel it working! Or like mentioned above, Zumba is great and is good fun too! :D

Oof yes I hate that sometimes weights areas seem to be a posing area for stacked young men! They seem to like staring at people too and I feel so pathetic lifting my little weights... or they watch you and say 'how many more reps are you going to do?' and I just get put off and run away!

I recommend the weight section 100% it's the fastest way to burn fat and tone up. But I would recommend a trainer to show you how to do it properly, you won't look back not enough women lifting weights and you need to lift heavy to get fantastic results and no you will not look like a body builder. You would have to take testosterone to look like that. I promise you I've been yo yo dieting and exercise all my life and I have finally found the answer to looking good.

I am a regular gym user. I mix it up with cardio and weights. Kettlebell training is great as you are using weights but also raising your heart beat significantly. Really good also if you gym has them away from the 'man' weights like mine does! I do trx too, which is resistance training using straps that are attached to the wall. It's brilliant. You can buy them for home as well and strap them on your door.

I am a regular gym user. I mix it up with cardio and weights. Kettlebell training is great as you are using weights but also raising your heart beat significantly. Really good also if you gym has them away from the 'man' weights like mine does! I do trx too, which is resistance training using straps that are attached to the wall. It's brilliant. You can buy them for home as well and strap them on your door.

Oh yes trx training so good you can't beat resistance training and weights, you don't even need to spend hours on treadmills etc as you lose more weight on trx and weights, which is great as I'm not a fan of treadmills, cross trainers etc I find them to boring. My trainer said you don't need them so I don't use them. Im about to start some kettlebell classes next week.

i really, really, recommend buying a heart rate monitor. i see loads of people at the gym literally wasting their time on cardio equipment by not working hard enough. Most gyms have 4 or 5 types of machines (treadmill, bike, x-trainer, stepper, rower etc) to get your heart rate up if running isn't your thing. There's loads of information about heart rate zones and how hard you should be working.

Got myself a decent pedometer and will start wearing it tomorow. I plan to b doing at least 10,000 steps a day. How do I start a thread to track daily steps? Does any1 care to join me?

Hi guys think 'someone is' making me exercise!! The cars conked out so I'm walking kids to schools and clubs! This pedometer has so far measured 18,776 steps and approx. 8 miles so far got another 2 miles to go for cubs and back. Don't think I'll be keeping this up all week!! ;)

Hello today i managed 17,656 and did 7.25 miles:). Its interesting how much walking adds up didnt think i did the 10,000 that i should b doing daily. Im very pleased. :cool:

Seems my pedometer is faulty i was a little sceptical the other day as i walked lots and only did about 7 miles Borrowed my friends pedometer put it on with mine today. I dont think ive walked thst much today and have one pedo saying 29955 steps 12.85 miles and the other saying 5598 steps 1.80 miles. Looks like ive been doing better than i thought the last 2 days. So taking my one back to shop and trying again. :mad:

25518 steps today 10.95 miles! :cool:

7.23 miles 16854 steps. :)

I think exercising defo helps tone you up! I've been doing SW properly without cheating since start of January and at that time I decided to give HIIT training a go. Now I haven't lost much weight yet but my ass looks a lot firmer and much nicer! My bingo wings are a teeny bit smaller. TBH, fitting into my clothes means more to me than the scales number!

Hello, was beginning to think i was on my own! Ive not really done any exercise other than walking so far but i plan to start soon. I am enjoying my little wanders. Today 20301 steps, 8.71 miles.

Didnt get to do much walking yesterday had little poorly girl at home. 16170 steps 6.93miles. Still went over the 10000 steps! So not bad. :)

14554 steps 6.24 miles.

Back