Exercise anyone?

Your going to laugh at this but one of the ways i exercise is when im doing the house work i put some music on and dance my way though it and stop now and again and have a boogie lol i also have a treadmill that i use when i can. I have a couple of dvds but i cant keep up with them.

I started running a few months back, even invested in one of those special running sports bras, proper running leggings and running shoes - the intial cost offset the fact I didn't have to pay to run round my local park/common!

But I got ill, then I had exams/revision.. then Xmas.. and ill again, and then more excuses!

I'm hoping to get back to my running soonish - but I wanted to give my body a few weeks to adjust to the food difference first with WW. Trying to do both diet and exercise at the same time at the beginning wouldn't be maintanable for me, and if I didn't do one or the other I'd feel like I failed. But my body has got use to the food now, I should get those running shoes back on!

I've started going to the gym at work again, mainly on rowing machines, bike, crosstrainer. I LOVE THE CROSS TRAINER.

The gym offers various classes, spinning is one of them, but I don't actually even know what it is!

only exercise ive done so far regarding pp is walking lol, i usually do swimming and aquatone but due to the weather i didnt want to risk going out and getting freezing cold by swimming and catching a cold which will then mean ill have to give up the ww plan until im better lol .... i catch colds easily! grr! so im just waiting it out, wont be long until im back again until then i have the wii :D

pinkstar said:
I've started going to the gym at work again, mainly on rowing machines, bike, crosstrainer. I LOVE THE CROSS TRAINER.

The gym offers various classes, spinning is one of them, but I don't actually even know what it is!

You should try. It's basically riding a bike really fast in the dark. Can burn up to 600cals in an hour. Is a great work out x

You should try. It's basically riding a bike really fast in the dark. Can burn up to 600cals in an hour. Is a great work out x

Sweet, dark cycling is my favourite!

I would love to try Zumba, but I don't feel fit enough yet. And will resume swimming when I don't feel quite so hippo-like...!

Monday
- LineDancing
Tuesday - Gym
Wednesday - day off / walking the dogs if there's enough daylight when I get in from work
Thursday - Gym
Friday - (need to find something here)
Weekend - Starting with a 1 hr flat-ish walk, and progressing to a longer, more hilly walk

Plus 30 mins on the stepper watching my soaps at night and getting a go on the Wii when my parents aren't watching boring re-runs of Only Fools & Horses...

Bring it on....!

Auburn said:
I would love to try Zumba, but I don't feel fit enough yet. And will resume swimming when I don't feel quite so hippo-like...!

Monday - LineDancing
Tuesday - Gym
Wednesday - day off / walking the dogs if there's enough daylight when I get in from work
Thursday - Gym
Friday - (need to find something here)
Weekend - Starting with a 1 hr flat-ish walk, and progressing to a longer, more hilly walk

Plus 30 mins on the stepper watching my soaps at night and getting a go on the Wii when my parents aren't watching boring re-runs of Only Fools & Horses...

Bring it on....!

Honestly the best thing about zumba is u totally go at ur own pace, there are all ages/shapes and sizes at my class and that's one of the things I loved about it! Give it a go when ur ready!!

Whats this 30 day shred thing everyones going on about?! Am I missing out lol? I'd love to try zumba everyone seems to be doing it!

Ljohnson9889 said:
Whats this 30 day shred thing everyones going on about?! Am I missing out lol? I'd love to try zumba everyone seems to be doing it!

Google it chum, I just did and tho it seems v hard it promises results so have just asked the guys on the shred thread (!) if anyone has got results yet, wait with anticipation... Zumba is super, check if there are any classes near u :)

It's a workout dvd called 30day shred by Jillian Michaels famous for being a super tough trainer on Biggest Loser USA. The dvd promises you will be down a dress size at the end of the 30 days... the workout is only 20mins each day but from what i have heard its a damn tough 20mins...

I ordered mine yesterday so just waiting for it to arrive :sigh:

All you girlies (and guys!) have been so good I've been guilted into getting y running shoes back on!

If anyone is interested there is a great running app called Get Running which uses the couch to 5k method. Starts slowly and builds you up. Last year I got to week 5 but I started from the beginning yesterday. Hopefully it will aid my weight loss or at least tone up! Paying for it today - legs are aching a tad! Shows how long its been since they saw any exercise :)

i brought the 30 day shred last year.... still haven't used it oops!!! lol the dog always gets in the way so unless i shut him outside and put up with the barking its not fair really! lol but i will find a way round it ha :D xx

I am trying to do 45mins on the wii 4 times a week (just dance 2 )day 2 into it and im achin in parts i never knew I had it really works up a sweat and the kids get to join in as well :)

Keep it up guys :D I was going to swim today and then discovered I was on my TOTM...a bit of a surprise that one!

So I'm doing my room and dancing at the same time so hopefully I'm burning some fat away at the same time. Going to do 20mins on the boxing pads with my OH tomorrow after work.

Less exercise and a busy weekend with temptation will be a hard one but I'm determined!!

Curvy_lass said:
Keep it up guys :D I was going to swim today and then discovered I was on my TOTM...a bit of a surprise that one!

So I'm doing my room and dancing at the same time so hopefully I'm burning some fat away at the same time. Going to do 20mins on the boxing pads with my OH tomorrow after work.

Less exercise and a busy weekend with temptation will be a hard one but I'm determined!!

Do u find u gain on totm WI? Mine started today and weigh in is tomorrow, I'm soooo nervous

Back