Extra Easy Exercise bike

dipsy1512

I've just been given an exercise bike, are they any good for whittling down inches from bums and hips? I have to go steady for now as I've recently had a hip operation and still quite sore but would like to use it if it will hell with recovery and inch loss

In my opinion, biking (whether stationary or not) is one of the best exercises you can do. Not only is it great for increasing your cadence, stamina and improving fitness...it's great for burning the calories and toning up. I do mountain biking and see results fast when I keep at it regularly x

Yes they're really good but please be careful of your hip! Later on you can increase and you can do different muscles with different positions on the bike, such as standing up to cycle or learn forward - make sure bike is sturdy.

Spin Class :)

If you can handle the sore bum you'll get from sitting on the exercise bike then it's a great machine to use if you want to lose the weight.

As people have said above, start a bit slower and just be conscious about your hip but at the same time, don't be afraid to push yourself. Anything that increase the mobility of your body and gets your heart rate higher is the perfect way to lose weight.

Just stick the bike in front of the TV and peddle away :D

Good luck!

I'm looking to buy an exercise bike and wondered the same thing. I do absolutely no exercise so want something to ease me into it, get my fitness up a bit so I have the confidence to go out in the real world on a bike again! Now just need to find a bargain second hand one!

The great thing about biking is you can start at a really nice leisurely pace and find what works for you. :)

Back