Exercise buddy sought ~ online is fine

Hi Judith --

How are you doing? How is pickles?

I'm doing better than I was towards the end of the week (very hungry).

Anyway, I did my Sunday weigh in the scale says only 2 pounds. A loss is a loss -- and I know I need to up the exercise to up the losses. I was disappointed to not make my first mini-target, but I'll make it next week (fingers crossed).

I also know that I have been hit and miss with the water consumption. I'll do better this week. "The more you drink, the more you shrink."

I joined a walking challenge: Diva la Viva is trying to walk 20 miles a week. She starts tracking on Saturday and so I finally got my pedometer working and set it to distance. I walked 4 miles yesterday! (Mostly while shopping! LOL) So, my little dog and I are about go out and do our first walkies of the day.

I only made it to aquafit on Monday -- as I showed up for Thursday's class and it was cancelled. I looked up all the local leisure centre classes and printed off the lists, then marked the ones I should try to go to -- there are some for each day. I will really try to get to 3 a week. I just have not been able to make myself exercise at home. But, I need to do so -- esp. if I do not get to a class.

MinnieMel

DH, DD and I walked our little doggie for just over three miles. It was a bit windy along the fields but a good walk (and no rain!).

Hi.... seems you are doing fine. That walk sounds good. Three miles is over 6,000 steps so be proud of yourself.

I seem to be slacking in the exercise and diet department.... but all that is changing. Honest!

On Tuesday I am having a review at the gym so that should spice things up a bit.

For two days I have logged my food and I'm keeping to plan. So hopefully I will have stayed the same when it comes to weighing in on Tuesday.

Walked Pickle tonight and last night ~ that sure helped blow away the cobwebs.... it has been windy of late.

Yoga tomorrow night and I will get to Curves as well.

My big news is that I have signed up to do a marathon walk for cancer research on 1st October in London. So I'll have to be fit and lean for then as this might make the impossible a little more possible for me. I've always said I'd like to walk a marathon but now I've signed up realsity is frightenly different. I'll keep you posted on training etc.

Judith the fool and Pickle the wise!

Hi Judith -- What a great motivator doing a marathon walk. I've done a 20 mile walk as a kid, but not in well over 30 years.

We'll keep at it... little by little ease into a fitness programme that we can make work long-term.

Give Pickles a cuddle for me... Neya says, "Woof."

MinnieMel

Hiya,

How are you and Neya doing today? Pickles only had the shortest of walks today but I've clocked up over 8,000 steps so I'm knackered and a happy bunny rabbitt.

Also did yoga this evening. I might not be as flexible as some... well all of them (-: .... but I quite enjoy myself. At the end of the class I went and had a quick talk to Sally (the instructor) and asked her if she had always been so skinny - tall and thin type - as I wondered if she had any hints and tips for the likes of me. One interesting thing she said was that shes always been that shape but she only does pilates and yoga and thats what gives her strength. Nothing else.

Also did a Curves workout. I seemed to work out hard but the calorie count didn't show it. Next time I go will be Wednesday when will be trying a Zumba and Curves cuirciut - its something new they are introducing. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it but it could be a giggle.

Tomorrow I have the reveiw session at the gym (LA Fitness) and a Body Balance class. I'm tired just thinking about it but it must be done!

Keep on plodding ~ my weigh in day is tomorrow - a STS would be nice!

Judith and Pickle who says give scritches to Neya!

Hi Judith --

Wow! You are sure adding in a lot of fitness. I am going to try and do a Zumba class this week, too. I heard loads about them and think I should "give it a go".

Today was an American holiday -- Martin Luther King, Jr Day -- so my DH had the day off. We watched "The Social Network" on DVD. I highly recommend it. Then after DD came home from school (she goees to a Church of England Primary) we all took a walkies with Neya dog. We only did 2 miles, but two days in a row of long walking tired out the poor thing. She crawled into her pen and totally crash out.

I had booked myself in for an Aquafit Class at the leisure centre about 9 miles north of my house... but it was cancelled. So, I decided to go to a leisure centre about 12 miles (or so) south and do the class there... rather than miss my planned class. The instructor at the this leisure was totally kick a%$! I am whipped -- but a good whipped.

I accepted Viva la Diva's walk 20 miles a week challenge... so, I am wearing a pedometer and tracking my miles. As much as you walk -- you could easily match her 20.

I'll give Neya some ear scratches from Pickles... give Pickles some tummy rubs from us, please.

MinnieMel

p.s. Let me know what you think of the new classes.

Hi Jen,

I'm Mel -- 49 -- married for 24 years to DH, have one DS age 19 and one DD age 11 (nearly 12). I have a dog, two fish -- and livein Cambridgeshire. I am sure that Judith would love have other people posting and motivating us -- and us, hopefully, them. So, as far as I am concerned welcome.

Today, I walked Neya Dog with neighbour for 1/2 mile in the SUN!!!!

Then, I got super busy with errands and had weight loss meeting tonight: my CDC is trying to have a once a month meet and greet for her clients and is trying to figure out what it will become. Tonight was the first one.

I brought a friend who got some CD booklets and free CD samples -- she is keen to lose 4 stone before June. I think she plans on starting SSing on Monday. Like me she did LL before and lost aobut 4 stone -- now it is all back (two years later).

I have 4 miles on pedometer -- and have done no other real exercise. But, I plan to do some tomorrow. Three times a week is my minimun target.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Just checking in ... did another 1/2 mile dog walk. But, neya dog has very sore tail. She went to the Vet's on Thursday and will go back this afternoon. I had social things two afternoons and two evenings in the last three days -- so not fitness done. Unless you count some walking (whilst shopping lol) and loads (literally) fo laundry. A friend's washer is broken so I did her mountain of laundry at a launderette whilst she had a two hour doctor's/hospital visit.

MM

P.S. I will try very hard to do more this week.

Tuesday, 25/1/11

I did aquafit last night. Good class and worked hard at it. Plan on going to tomorrow's daytime class with the same instructor.

Today, I did a mile of steps using my aerobics step while watching Glee -- about 45 minutes of stepping and for 30 of it I was using hand weights, too.

I still haven't managed to get up and to the gym in morning to use the treadmill. And, it is too gloomy for me walk unless I am walking my dog. She is doing better, so I may try to get a couple of miles in with her tomorrow.

MM

Last edited:
Hi --

I did 2 miles with the dog on Weds, Thurs and Friday. (6 miles)
I joined Rosemary Conley this morning and did a Zumba class -- it was good fun.

And, that was pretty much this week's fitness -- along with the Aquafit on Monday night.

MM

Aquafit tonight. I am hoping to go to Wednesday's day class, as well. But, my DD is poorly so I'll have see how it goes with her.

Hi Judith --

Neya and I did some short walkies (20 min) -- my DD was poorly for a few days earlier in the week.

I did AF on Monday, did not go Wednesday as DD was home, and did RC Zumba this morning. I do hope to add the Weds. AquaFit as I have added a class at two week intervals, thus far. And 3 a week is my "target" for sustained activity.

I have booked a "reward" for myself -- on the 15th I will have a 1/2 day pamper session at a local leisure centre. It includes a fitness class, a powerplate session, steamroom, mini facial and mini massage, (maybe a mini pedi, not sure) and a two course healthy lunch. All for 40 pounds! A facial was going to cost me 30 pounds -- so this is a much better treat and value. Plus, I am very interested in giving powerplate a go.

What's up with you and Pickles? (Neya's tail seems much better -- looks strange without the hair, but is healing well.)

MM

Hi JJ,

I did the Thursday AF after my last posting, and my Saturday RC Zumba Class (10th and 12th).

A few dog walks -- but nothing major.

Did not do AF Monday as it was Valentine's Day and I made DH and DS a nice dinner.

Tuesday I did the spa day, and did an aerobics class that was kick a#$ and a power plate session.
I am thinking of joining the leisure centre just for that! lol

No AF Wednesday or Thursday.

I did not go to a "make up" RC Class, but I may this week -- as I told the instructor I was missing Saturday's (the 19th) weigh in and Zumba because DD was having her wall climbing/sleepover birthday party Friday night to Saturday.

I am planning to go to AquaFit tomorrow night, and try to do as much fitness with DD over the half-term.

You haven't posted in some time... how are you doing?

MM

Back