Exercise DVD recommendations????

Hey guys,
I'm going to do my exercise video along with my Dukan diet. I did it before and lost over 6 pounds in two weeks on my normal diet. I use to do it around 4-5 times a week.
Please don't boo me, but its the Only Way Is Essex exercise DVD. Not a fan personally, being from essex, but I feel even better once I've muted them, stuck the radio on, and I'm doing better than they are. Good motivation! ;)
Even though they are slightly irritating, its a good DVD and i just wandered if any one else followed one and what they'd reccomend as they do get a bit boring after a time..

I had a few that I rotated as it CAN get a bit samey sometimes :rolleyes: my personal fave was Hannah Watermans one (body blitz?) as its based on interval training so it makes you work as hard as you can in a short space of time (20 mins I think was each workout) but you still burn lots o' calories!

Did occasionally use Davina's super body one, but it has a longer duration. Also did Jennifer Ellison's newest one for a bit (fat blaster one), as its based on the same stuff as the Hannah Waterman one; and features the same trainer :)

Its been a bit too muggy in my little flat recently so have been hitting the gym and started running. Good luck with your exercising quest! :cool:

Hi, I'm a really exercise dvd junkie, must have bought about 40 vids/dvds over the years (not sure why I still don't look like the people on the front cover...... something to do with a flapjack addiction I suspect..). Anyway, my two absolute favourites are Jillian Michaels Shred and the Ten Minute Solution Kickbox workout. the last one in particular is good as there are 5 ten minute workouts so you can mix them up if you don't have time (or inclincation) to do all five. Presenter isn't too annoying either. Have also enjoyed Tae Bo work-outs. If you're feeling quite hard-core Nell McAndrew does some good ones, but her ones don't give you much time for resting/drinking/general breathing so for me they're once in a blue moon things. Hope this helps xx

I have the pussycat doll work out/dance dvd :D its amazing and reaaally tones your abs, legs & bum!

The one thats always mentioned at my SW group is "The 30 day Shred" think its only about £5 on Amazon.
Not sure if its more for actually toning up though, as this woman who did it got rid of all her tummy fat, but I think lost about 4lb the time she was on it.
But it does really make a difference

I have really liked all of Davina's... Although she can get a bit annoying and over-positive at times!

30 Day Shred level one has been tried - ONCE! I found it a bit hardcore. But loved the upfront nature of "Yes, I know it hurts, but suck it up because it works"! Much better than Davina being all 'Mary Poppins'!!

I really liked P90X - I did the 'Lean' programme for a couple of months and really noticed results. It is quite hard (I thought easier than Jillian Michaels' Shred though), but results are great. You do need to set aside an hour most days, which was the main reason hubby and I stopped. The Yoga X DVD was my favourite.

I bought the first official Zumba one recently, and have tried the twenty minute express. I had never done Zumba before, but steps in workout were easy to pick up (there's also a step by step DVD in the pack, but I didn't use it).

Rosemary Conley's Salsacise was fun, although not used it for five years so could be remembering with rose-tinted spectacles! It was certainly easier than anything I've done recently, so good for those starting out.

J
x

I have tried SO many DVDs but the only one that is for me is Beverley Callards Real Results and I quite like her Rapid Results too. It might be a bit dated but I much prefer it. I work up a big sweat but I'm not in pain like I was with The Biggest Loser DVD.
I like the ones where it is kinda dancey but not to the point where you have to learn a routine.

Jessica, I've just bought Rosemary Conley's Salsacise but I've not tried it yet.

Lisa x

Lisa

If you like dance-y ones, think you will enjoy the Salsacise... If only for Rosemary's glitterlicious and fabulously bright lycra workout outfits!!!!

Was the Biggest Loser one a UK or US one?

J x

It was the UK one, the last Angie Dowds did. I've put it on ebay now as I don't want to do that one again. My mind needs to be stimulated as well as my body when it comes to exercise/dvds.

I want to do Salsacise right now!!

I did really like Mr Motivators 10 minute workouts but I haven't found it on DVD which is a shame.
Btw, when I said BC's was dated, I meant the hair, outfits etc.

I'd like to try Pump It Up: The Ultimate Dance Workout. I may try it on Youtube first!

Lisa x

I'm a fairly novice exercise so I bought DVDs with that in mind. I actually ended up ordering them from the States so if you have a Region 1 player you can use them.

I have used The Biggest Loser Power Walk, which I enjoyed. I really like working with hand weights not because of it. I also bought Kim Lyons Start Fitness Now 1 and 3. 1 proved to be far too easy and 3 is still relatively easy. I like to be a little challenged. Still, if you're a complete beginner I would definitely recommend them.

Back