Exercise effect loss??

xxrebeccaxx

Silver Member
Hi, in my 1st 2weeks I lost 11lbs and I am over the moon with that!
I was only doing my usual exercise classes.
The last 3 weeks I've only lost 2/3lb per week which I am very dissapointed about! I have started using my gym 2 times a week!
Could this effect the weight loss or not?

Hey =) There is a sticky about exercise i just copied someones post hopefully it will be helpfull to you...

"can i exercise on ss or ss+ YES!

take it easy for the first 2 weeks. your body has to adapt it's fuel source from carbs to fat.

whilst your body is adapting you can suffer headaches, thirst, dizziness etc

i have ALWAYS exercised from ss upwards. i have ALWAYS listened to my body and if i can't physically do something that day i take it easy or go home. your body will adapt and exercise is very beneficial to you and your journey.

i have ran up to 6 miles 4 times a week on ss. at 6 miles i felt it, i felt i'd had enough and couldn't do it anymore! my losses stopped and for 2 frustrating weeks i STS. i moved to 810 and started loosing again, first week 8lbs!

this is a tale of really really listening to your body. starting exercise in a reasonable and manageable way. being sensible.....

walking is a very good way of increasing your exercise without any gym costs. running is also very good and you will really see your shape changing very quickly! interval training is excellent at fat burning. interval training is where you go hard for a short space of time ( say 5 mins) then easy for the same amount of time, then hard again and easy again etc rpt! it's a wonderful fat burner and you can burn fat and calories for upto 72 hours after exercise!

rules:-

1 - listen to your body
2 - keep yourself hydrated
3 - if you feel odd sit down and drink water
4 - then go home!

simple! never put yourself at risk if you don't feel right! however, as you loose weight and your body gets used to the fuel change you will probably feel energised and will do well exercising.

word of caution! don't over do it in the hope that you will loose more weight! you can reach a peak where your body will no longer loose weight as your cal burn is too high. this is where you get a STS for a few weeks. it is very frustrating but it indicated that either you drop or lower your exercise or go up a plan"

There are other posts on there to so might be worth a look =)

Back